I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureX

Hmm. Well, I tried that option in 2012. The GOP didn't seem to notice.
When enough of us are finally willing to stop voting based on fear of the "worse" candidate, and stop voting for the DNC's "less worse" candidate, they will hear us loud and clear.

It's not the only option for me this time around. I'm voting against Trump.
Nothing about Hillary Clinton indicates to me that she is anything other than another corporate sponsored candidate looking to become anther corporate sponsored political crony. And I don't see that as an option. Even if it's a better option than a wanna-be petty dictator. Because two bad options don't magically make one of them a good option.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
When enough of us are finally willing to stop voting based on fear of the "worse" candidate, and stop voting for the DNC's "less worse" candidate, they will hear us loud and clear.

That's not going to happen, PureX. What needs to happen is the GOP needs to make sure there's a smaller field of candidates, and the Dems need to get rid of superdelegates.

Nothing about Hillary Clinton indicates to me that she is anything other than another corporate sponsored candidate looking to become anther corporate sponsored political crony. And I don't see that as an option. Even if it's a better option than a wanna-be petty dictator. Because two bad options don't magically make one of them a good option.

No they don't, that's the dilemma a lot of voters are facing. But when I weigh the two options and one of them is fundamentally worse, I'm going to vote against the one who's fundamentally worse.

DavidK

and that justice will be appointed by trump or clinton

we already know what we'd get from clinton

And in spite of the list he floated, we really have no idea what we'll get with Trump. The man is an opportunist and will say whatever he feels he needs to say to gain advantage at the given moment.

I'll either abstain or vote for a candidate I think I could actually support. I won't vote for someone of depraved character who may or may not nominate the kind of judge I'd deem a wise choice and would do a whole lot of other serious damage even in the highly unlikely event he should he get the court nomination right.

PureX

That's not going to happen, PureX. What needs to happen is the GOP needs to make sure there's a smaller field of candidates, and the Dems need to get rid of super delegates.
The Dems have the super delegates specifically to over-ride the popular vote when the popular vote doesn't favor their preferred candidate. This recent primary is EXACTLY why they had that system in place. And the head of the DNC admitted it, publicly.

To get rid of the super delegates is to change the whole mind-set of the democratic political party. Which is what needs to happen. And the only way I know of that this could happen is that they start losing their voter support in a big way.
No they don't, that's the dilemma a lot of voters are facing. But when I weigh the two options and one of them is fundamentally worse, I'm going to vote against the one who's fundamentally worse.
Well, that depends on how you assess what's "fundamentally worse" than what. If Trump were to be elected, I think he would be so incompetent that he'd either have to be removed from office, or he would just be stonewalled into political impotency by the joint legislature, and then dumped the next election cycle.

But if Ted Cruz or Chris Christie or one of the other terrible republican candidates had become president, and he retained a republican majority in the house and the senate, the nation would be in very grave jeopardy. Because they are no different from Trump in their own selfish ambition, but they are far more politically savvy, and would therefor be far more effective in their cause. And this country cannot endure any more political effectiveness that follows the current trend. We either need political stagnation, or serious positive political reform.

DavidK

that is not a principle -
who would you choose to support, hitler or russia? -
the pope had to decide that

Can you point me toward something that will tell me more about your reference here? My historical knowledge of the Pope's need to support Hitler or Russia is lacking, but I'd like to keep up.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The principle of Double Effect.

18am7w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.