I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

I expect that all the belligerent voters who will be swayed by Trump's aggressive, nationalist and ignorant tirades have already declared for him, so you can look forward to more and more of the undecideds voting Democrat in September.

Only those stupid enough to think nationalism is a bad thing or think trumps "tirades" are ignorant. BTW, aggressiveness is a good thing when the problem is severe and the opposition is powerful and entrenched and dirty.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Rasmussen Reports

What They Told Us: Reviewing Last Week’s Key Polls

Saturday, July 30, 2016
Source >> http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...they_told_us_reviewing_last_week_s_key_polls2

QUOTE:
The national political conventions are over. Now the real dirty work begins.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton remain deadlocked in our latest weekly White House Watch survey. However, the survey was taken prior to Clinton’s acceptance speech at Thursday night’s Democratic National Convention. We’ll see next Thursday if Clinton got a bounce out of her convention.

In the key state of Nevada, Trump leads Clinton 43% to 38%, with Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson picking up eight percent (8%) of the vote. This survey, too, was taken before the Democratic convention really got going but will be updated on Tuesday to see if this week’s confab made a difference.

Just 54% of voters nationwide still favor the presidential candidate they liked at the beginning of the year.

Heading into the Democratic convention, the party’s progressive wing had a lot to be fired up about, and it wasn’t the party's nominee.

Less that half of Democrats feel Clinton has done enough to win over supporters of her primary rival Senator Bernie Sanders, but most voters in their party still think there's a good chance Sanders supporters will back her in the fall.

Bill Clinton used to tell voters during his 1992 campaign for the presidency that they would be getting "two for the price of one" if he was elected, referring to his wife. Voters are strongly convinced that they'll get the same deal if Mrs. Clinton is elected to the White House this fall.

Does America think the former president is ready to be the nation’s first First Man?

Despite complaints from progressives in her party, Clinton’s decision to make Virginia Senator Tim Kaine her running mate makes little difference to voters. The 2016 presidential election has, without a doubt, been an unusual one in many ways. The vice-presidential picks are no exception.

Which political party a voter is affiliated with remains a key indicator of which cable news network they watch. Television, primarily cable, still reigns supreme for political news among voters, but voters remain skeptical of the political news they are getting.

As in previous presidential election cycles, voters expect most reporters covering political campaigns to help their favorite candidates and think it's far more likely they will help the Democrat than the Republican. Forty-nine percent (49%) think most reporters are biased against Trump, while only 18% believe most are biased against Clinton.

France experienced another terrorist horror this week when radical Islamicists invaded a church and brutally murdered a Catholic priest. Americans aren’t confident that France can defeat these terrorists and worry that Europe is losing the war against terrorism.

America’s own war on terror continued with the murder of another policeman, this time in San Diego, California. Given the continuing national debate over police conduct, more Americans favor requiring police officers to wear body cameras while on duty but still tend to believe they will protect the cops more than those they deal with.

Only 14% think most deaths that involve the police are the fault of the policeman. More Americans than ever (72%) rate the performance of the police in the area where they live as good or excellent.

Republican Joe Heck holds a nine-point lead over Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto in our first look atthe race in Nevada to replace retiring U.S. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid.

In other surveys last week:

-- Just 24% of voters think the country is headed in the right direction.

-- Still, President Obama continues to earn better-than-average daily job approval ratings.
-- Political conservatives have charged in recent months that major social media sites like Facebook and Twitter are censoring their points of view. Regular users of those sites, especially those under the age of 40, strongly disagree with any attempts to close down free speech.
-- The summer Olympics are just over a week away, and Americans are gearing up to watch even though they suspect many of the participating countries are cheating.

Subscribers to Rasmussen Reports receive exclusive stories each week for less than a dollar a week. Please sign up now. Visit the Rasmussen Reports home page for the latest current polling coverage of events in the news. The page is updated several times each day.

Remember, if it's in the news, it's in our polls

Last edited by a moderator:

gcthomas

Only those stupid enough to think nationalism is a bad thing or think trumps "tirades" are ignorant. BTW, aggressiveness is a good thing when the problem is severe and the opposition is powerful and entrenched and dirty.

Aggressiveness is good for combat soldiers, but only good for politicians if they need to whip up emotions so that they overwhelm the intellect.

Appealing to emotion in an appeal to the lowest common denominator, an appeal to the base animal instincts that do not fit in a civil and industrialised society.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Clinton’s Khan Job

Where is Hillary's empathy for Benghazi mothers, families of Americans killed by illegal immigrants?
by Spencer Hill | Updated 01 Aug 2016 at 6:14 PM
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/clintons-khan-job/

QUOTE:
During the Democratic National Convention, Hillary Clinton invited the Muslim mother and father of a fallen U.S. army captain to come speak on her behalf and to target Donald Trump.

Trump fell for the bait and engaged the Khans. Clinton’s allies and the media have reveled in the resulting high-profile back and forth between Trump and the Muslim family — using the spat to paint the GOP nominee as intolerant and irreverent and Clinton as empathetic to the grieving military family.

“It just demonstrates again kind of a temperamental unfitness,” Clinton running mate Tim Kaine said Sunday. “If you don’t have any more sense of empathy than that, then I’m not sure you can learn it.”

But while the political mouse trap was no doubt a crafty, effective move on the part of the Clintons, the incident underscores just how little empathy Clinton has shown other Americans when the political benefit is not so obvious.

In fact, Clinton has engaged in her own back and forth with the grieving families of the American heroes lost in the September 2012 attack on the American consulate in Benghazi — though the media seems to have taken no notice.

"I have repeatedly asked Hillary Clinton to explain to me the real reason why my son is dead," Pat Smith, mother of Foreign Service officer Sean Smith, said during her speech to the Republican National Convention. "I'm still waiting."

Smith was one of the women who alleged Clinton lied to them point blank about an internet video being the cause of the Benghazi attack.

During a Sunday interview on "Fox News Sunday," Clinton dismissed Smith's impassioned speech, even implying the mother's grief may have caused her to misremember Clinton's words.

"As other members of families who lost loved ones have said, that's not what they heard," Clinton said. "I don't hold any ill feeling for someone who in that moment may not fully recall everything that was or wasn't said."

And what about the families of those killed by illegal immigrants?

"None whatsoever," said Maria Espinoza, co-founder and national director of the Remembrance Project when asked if Clinton had ever made any outreach to the victims her organization represents. The Remembrance Project works specifically to shed light on the tragic deaths of Americans at the hands of illegal aliens — criminals who should not have been in the country to take life.

Clinton "never reached out — not one word," Espinoza said. "[We were] not even invited to speak at the DNC — where she invited other mothers [to speak of their grief]. But we weren't invited, none of the families [of illegal alien crime] were invited to speak."

Indeed Clinton did invite other grieving mothers, those of children killed by gun violence, to speak at the DNC, but only those who fit the political narrative her campaign is crafting for the general election.

"I won't discredit that those mothers ... feel pain, however I know that the mothers [of victims] where these killings were preventable if only our basic and current laws were upheld [are also in pain]," Espinoza said.

Espinoza offered high praise to Donald Trump for taking the time to reach out to the families of her organization.

"We're so very thankful for Mr. Trump to reach out to the families," Espinoza said, "It has changed their lives in that someone is finally listening. As one mother put it, the Remembrance Project has been working on this since 2009 and he accomplished in five seconds what we had been trying to do in seven years."

Espinoza attributes the difference in real empathy to cynicism on Clinton's part and genuine love for America on the part of Trump.

"It boils down to the fact that she doesn't love America or Americans like Mr. Trump does," she said, "[Clinton] doesn't care how many children's lives she sacrifices."

"Her rhetoric is encouraging more lawlessness and more illegal aliens to come into the United States," Espinoza said. "What it's doing is telling those who are here already illegally that it's okay to break our laws.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I expect that all the belligerent voters who will be swayed by Trump's aggressive, nationalist and ignorant tirades have already declared for him, so you can look forward to more and more of the undecideds voting Democrat in September.

Yes. They're watching his behavior when he's under pressure and it isn't pretty.

HisServant

Vote for Gary Johnson... we need to put the culturally and financially unsustainable concept of Social Justice Warrior behind us and move on racially in this country.

The republicans have the overt racists, the democrats have the covert racists (people seem to forget the democrats are the party of slavery, jim crow, and the KKK... its modus operandi has always been to play the race card one way or the other). Obama has done nothing but inflame race relations over the last 8 years and Hillary will continue the same trend.

Trump is an idiot...

Vote the only party that Jesus would support.. the Libertarian Party.

ClimateSanity

Clinton’s Khan Job

Where is Hillary's empathy for Benghazi mothers, families of Americans killed by illegal immigrants?
by Spencer Hill | Updated 01 Aug 2016 at 6:14 PM
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/clintons-khan-job/

QUOTE:
During the Democratic National Convention, Hillary Clinton invited the Muslim mother and father of a fallen U.S. army captain to come speak on her behalf and to target Donald Trump.

Trump fell for the bait and engaged the Khans. Clinton’s allies and the media have reveled in the resulting high-profile back and forth between Trump and the Muslim family — using the spat to paint the GOP nominee as intolerant and irreverent and Clinton as empathetic to the grieving military family.

“It just demonstrates again kind of a temperamental unfitness,” Clinton running mate Tim Kaine said Sunday. “If you don’t have any more sense of empathy than that, then I’m not sure you can learn it.”

But while the political mouse trap was no doubt a crafty, effective move on the part of the Clintons, the incident underscores just how little empathy Clinton has shown other Americans when the political benefit is not so obvious.

In fact, Clinton has engaged in her own back and forth with the grieving families of the American heroes lost in the September 2012 attack on the American consulate in Benghazi — though the media seems to have taken no notice.

"I have repeatedly asked Hillary Clinton to explain to me the real reason why my son is dead," Pat Smith, mother of Foreign Service officer Sean Smith, said during her speech to the Republican National Convention. "I'm still waiting."

Smith was one of the women who alleged Clinton lied to them point blank about an internet video being the cause of the Benghazi attack.

During a Sunday interview on "Fox News Sunday," Clinton dismissed Smith's impassioned speech, even implying the mother's grief may have caused her to misremember Clinton's words.

"As other members of families who lost loved ones have said, that's not what they heard," Clinton said. "I don't hold any ill feeling for someone who in that moment may not fully recall everything that was or wasn't said."

And what about the families of those killed by illegal immigrants?

"None whatsoever," said Maria Espinoza, co-founder and national director of the Remembrance Project when asked if Clinton had ever made any outreach to the victims her organization represents. The Remembrance Project works specifically to shed light on the tragic deaths of Americans at the hands of illegal aliens — criminals who should not have been in the country to take life.

Clinton "never reached out — not one word," Espinoza said. "[We were] not even invited to speak at the DNC — where she invited other mothers [to speak of their grief]. But we weren't invited, none of the families [of illegal alien crime] were invited to speak."

Indeed Clinton did invite other grieving mothers, those of children killed by gun violence, to speak at the DNC, but only those who fit the political narrative her campaign is crafting for the general election.

"I won't discredit that those mothers ... feel pain, however I know that the mothers [of victims] where these killings were preventable if only our basic and current laws were upheld [are also in pain]," Espinoza said.

Espinoza offered high praise to Donald Trump for taking the time to reach out to the families of her organization.

"We're so very thankful for Mr. Trump to reach out to the families," Espinoza said, "It has changed their lives in that someone is finally listening. As one mother put it, the Remembrance Project has been working on this since 2009 and he accomplished in five seconds what we had been trying to do in seven years."

Espinoza attributes the difference in real empathy to cynicism on Clinton's part and genuine love for America on the part of Trump.

"It boils down to the fact that she doesn't love America or Americans like Mr. Trump does," she said, "[Clinton] doesn't care how many children's lives she sacrifices."

"Her rhetoric is encouraging more lawlessness and more illegal aliens to come into the United States," Espinoza said. "What it's doing is telling those who are here already illegally that it's okay to break our laws.

This details what I was telling gcthomas. This whole thing is a well organized and planned scam on the American people and trump fell for it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Vote for Gary Johnson... we need to put the culturally and financially unsustainable concept of Social Justice Warrior behind us and move on racially in this country.

The republicans have the overt racists, the democrats have the covert racists (people seem to forget the democrats are the party of slavery, jim crow, and the KKK... its modus operandi has always been to play the race card one way or the other). Obama has done nothing but inflame race relations over the last 8 years and Hillary will continue the same trend.

:rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Trump is an idiot...

The Lib Party would be a "throw away" vote and another vote for Hitlary and old Bill.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There will always be a Democrat or a Republican in the Whitehouse. Be reasonable and stay logical. Idealism will gain you nothing in the long run. If you desire to throw away your vote, do so.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The first time I voted was for Ronald Reagan and I've always voted Republican in spite of growing up in a Democrat environment. I would NEVER vote Democrat.

HisServant

There will always be a Democrat or a Republican in the Whitehouse. Be reasonable and stay logical. Idealism will gain you nothing in the long run. If you desire to throw away your vote, do so.

You seem to forget the other parties that had presidents in the Whitehouse in the past.. Wig/Federalist/Democrat-Republican(yes that was a 3rd party)

Status
Not open for further replies.