the church

Cruciform

Links to RCC propaganda are only proof that your opinion is your opinion.
Posting unsubstantiated assertions---as you've done here---are only proof that your opinion is your opinion. Feel free, instead, to actually try and disprove the content of the cited sources in Post #3820 above. No? Didn't think so. You'd rather continue posting your irrelevant opinions, or rather those of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

dodge

how do you know you are saved? -
is it not your interpretation of the bible?

1Jo 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

If you do not know you are saved according to scripture you do not believe on the name of the Son of God.

Right Divider

Body part
Posting unsubstantiated assertions---as you've done here---are only proof that your opinion is your opinion. Feel free, instead, to actually try and disprove the content of the cited sources in Post #3820 above. No? Didn't think so. You'd rather continue posting your irrelevant opinions, or rather those of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.
The first link was a list of the opinions of men starting well over a century after Christ. There is nothing to see here, move along.

Your "faith" in the RCC is based nothing but bluff and bluster and I don't buy it.

P.S. Your "skillful" rhetoric is not a valid replacement for actual facts.

P.P.S. 1Pet 5:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:1) The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:​

Cruciform

The first link was a list of the opinions of men starting well over a century after Christ. There is nothing to see here, move along.
Thus merely proving my prior posted statement that "You'd rather continue posting your irrelevant opinions, or rather those of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect." Thanks for nicely proving my point.

P.P.S. 1Pet 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
Yes, and...?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-the church teaches the gospel
-the gospel is the good news
-that you might be saved
-even paul says it
-it is right there in your bible
-you might be saved
-but
-you have to walk the talk

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
  • First of all, they were in the "Bible" that Jesus used (the Septuagint), and which was used by the apostles and early Church as well. Why, then, did Protestants remove them from their Bibles in the 16th century?
  • Second, Jesus doesn't have to have directly quoted the Deuterocanical books for them to be inspired Scripture. For example, Jesus doesn't directly quote from Song of Songs, Ecclesiastes, Esther, Obadiah, Zephaniah, Judges, 1 Chronicles, Ezra,
    Nehemiah, Lamentations and Nahum either. Not one of these Old Testament books is ever
    quoted or alluded to by Christ or the Apostles in the New Testament. Yet all Christians accept these Old Testament books as fully inspired Scripture. According to your logic, however, we would supposedly need to remove them from the Bible (!).
  • Third, just because Jesus did not directly quote from the Deuterocanonicals, that does not mean that he did not indirectly refer to or reference them. For example, see THIS.
See also THIS.

So much, then, for your false assumptions and excuses for rejecting the Old Testament Deuterocanonical books.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
thats not it

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Your church does not supersede Jesus and has NO authority in any Christians lives.

You just justified IGNORING what Jesus taught in John 14:6. Your loss not mine.
Do we really think the first century church looked anything like the Roman Catholic Church of today..?? Or taught the same things as the Roman Catholic religious institution..??? Do we..??.

If we do they need to show us a Pope, a Catholic priest, a Mass, a nun, a monk, prayers to Mary, prayers to saints, apostles hearing confessions, devotions to Mary or saints, purgatory being taught, cardinals, Mary called a queen, a ark, a eve, a perpetual virgin, a Immaculate Conception,a assumption of Mary, a co-mediator, a co-redemptrix, holy water, statues of saints, and on and on....

The RCC looks like a religious institution of Roman Mythology and Paganism with a veneer of Christian influence
when you read the New Testament the church you find in the pages of Scripture looks nothing like the religious monster of today and does not even teach 10% of what the RCC teaches it's great unwashed....

The Reality of God's Word does not match the false doctrines of Roman Catholicism , that's why Blood Bought Believer's always reject Rome and refuse to compromise the faith once delivered to the saints....the real saints, not popes, cardinals and priest, but the people of God.

DavidK

I've been studying Church governance recently, and this is what I see so far.

In Matthew 20:24-28 and 23:8-12 our Lord addresses authority and appears to condemn a hierarchical leadership for the Church.

Then in passages like 1 Peter 5 the words "presbuteros" (elder), poimaino (same word translated elsewhere as "pastor" but in verb form) and episkopeo (same word translated elswhere "bishop" but in verb form) are all applied to the same function in the church, which seems to convey that there is one level of authority in the church, with several names. Peter, said to be the first pope, calls himself an elder in this letter addressing the elders of the church, making no distinction between his office and that of those to whom he writes.

Throughout these statements toward leaders, the model is one of being servants and primarily governing by example, not edict.

Finally, elders seem to be referred to in plural in any given locality.

That's what I've been able to find so far. The picture I see is a group of elders, all equal in authority if differing in gifts and ministries, that meet the requirements laid out and govern by consensus among them on what the Spirit is saying to the Church.

If I'm seeing correctly, it means the Orthodox, Cahtolic, and vast majority of Protestant churches are not operating in a Biblical authority model.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You aren't qualified to interpret, only they are.
It's quite a racket they run.
The Pope and the cardinals, bishops and priests will be trying to hide and escape the wrath of the LORD, but it will be useless, all their Idols will be utterly destroyed..the Roman Catholic Church and all those other churches who align themselves with her will be destroyed...

Isaiah 2:18
And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The picture I see is a group of elders, all equal in authority if differing in gifts and ministries, that meet the requirements laid out and govern by consensus among them on what the Spirit is saying to the Church.

so who resolves the differences?