justify war

brother Willi

Matthew 5:43
"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'

Matthew 5:44
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Matthew 5:46
"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

how does this fit war?

Last edited:

elected4ever

brother Willi
how does this fit war?

e4e
Those verses have nothing to do with war. They have everything to do with keeping the perfect law of God. Do you keep the perfect law of God? If you are under the perfect law of God you are not in Christ and grace has no effect in your life.

brother Willi

Originally posted by elected4ever

brother Willi

e4e
Those verses have nothing to do with war. They have everything to do with keeping the perfect law of God. Do you keep the perfect law of God? If you are under the perfect law of God you are not in Christ and grace has no effect in your life.

can you explain better for me please?

im confused by what you said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
when was this correct?
this sounds like war can be just
Matthew 5:43
"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and doesnt this give a new direction?

how can i love my enemy, and be at war with them?

Matthew 5:44
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Matthew 5:46
"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

elected4ever

When Jesus was on earth He taught the perfect law of God. When he said, "You have heard it said," he referenced how man had changed the law to suit himself. The people who said this were changing the law. Jesus came to fulfill the Law of God and He did so. When we accept Christ the Perfect law of God is fulfilled in us through Christ and we are no longer under law but under grace. The Law of God brings death to man and under the law all men stand condemned but under grace we have received life. To be under law is to deny the life that Christ has brought to us. To use the law as an an excuse for the Christian not to fulfill his civic duty is to change the law to fit our own purposes just as our present government has changed the law of the the US government illegally so they can execute there plans in defiance of the law. We are commanded to obey the authorities that have been placed over us. Just as Christians obeyed Hitler so the Christians obey our government and seek to live peaceably and with honor.

brother Willi

When Jesus was on earth He taught the perfect law of God. When he said, "You have heard it said," he referenced how man had changed the law to suit himself. The people who said this were changing the law. Jesus came to fulfill the Law of God and He did so. When we accept Christ the Perfect law of God is fulfilled in us through Christ and we are no longer under law but under grace. The Law of God brings death to man and under the law all men stand condemned but under grace we have received life. To be under law is to deny the life that Christ has brought to us. To use the law as an an excuse for the Christian not to fulfill his civic duty is to change the law to fit our own purposes just as our present government has changed the law of the the US government illegally so they can execute there plans in defiance of the law. We are commanded to obey the authorities that have been placed over us. Just as Christians obeyed Hitler so the Christians obey our government and seek to live peaceably and with honor.

i agree Jesus would have lived and died by hitlers law.

if hitler said "pick up a gun, and shoot my enemies" would Jesus have killed?

brother Willi

Why bring in a straw man? Man can only speculate. He has no way of knowing. That is a vain pursuit.
i think this "strawman" needs to be looked at.

can i be Christian and not first look at the life and Word of Jesus first?

hitler made law.
does Jesus want me to obay the law, if it dont agree with his Word?

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Originally posted by brother Willi

i think this "strawman" needs to be looked at.

can i be Christian and not first look at the life and Word of Jesus first?

hitler made law.
does Jesus want me to obay the law, if it dont agree with his Word?

Matthew 22
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Jabez

Matthew 22
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

do i kill for Caesar?

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Originally posted by brother Willi

do i kill for Caesar?

If you are a Guard for him,and were commanded to do so,i suppose you would.Now this getts touchy to me.We are told we must obey the law,at what point to we break that?

brother Willi

Originally posted by Jabez

If you are a Guard for him,and were commanded to do so,i suppose you would.Now this getts touchy to me.We are told we must obey the law,at what point to we break that?
thats a good question

i know you went to war, so i value your opinion here