Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe in the right of a woman to raise her own kids rather than to be made to feel that she's less of a person if she doesn't let somebody else raise them for her.

I believe in the right of a woman to see past the lie that she should try for an impossible and unattainable goal of "having it all".

I believe in the right of all women to be born.

I believe in the right of a woman not to make a fool of herself on the T.V. show "Cops" when she's trying to take authority over a 6'5" brute of a man.

Ok gals, speak out and be heard! What other rights do you support for women?

C

cattyfan

I believe in the right of a woman to enjoy taking care of her husband, instead of being told if she does that she is a doormat.

I believe in the right of all women to be satisfied with their appearance instead of swallowing the notion that everything about them needs to be nipped, tucked, or changed in some way.

(fixed my spelling...Poly says I have the right to! :eek: )

Last edited:

erinmarie

I believe that I have the right to be frustrated with the grocery counter clerk (insert bad name referring to a ugly, old gross woman here), because she rang up all of my B.O.G.Os as regular price, and then refused to look at the reciept when I was showing her she was wrong!
But it seemed like everyone else was mad at me instead of her, even the manager (another old bat) who came over, saw the clerk was wrong and fixed it.
I think they were jealous, and angry and someone OUGHT to do something about people like that!
So anyways, my womens' right issue, all women should be able to punch random old bats in the face, if rightly angered.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by erinmarie

I believe that I have the right to be frustrated with the grocery counter clerk (insert bad name referring to a ugly, old gross woman here), because she rang up all of my B.O.G.Os as regular price, and then refused to look at the reciept when I was showing her she was wrong!
But it seemed like everyone else was mad at me instead of her, even the manager (another old bat) who came over, saw the clerk was wrong and fixed it.
I think they were jealous, and angry and someone OUGHT to do something about people like that!
So anyways, my womens' right issue, all women should be able to punch random old bats in the face, if rightly angered.
:eek: :chuckle:

wickwoman

I agree, except for the one political stance thrown in there at the beginning which I will just pretend I didn't see for the sake of solidarity.

But, many would be surprised to know that Mr. Wickwoman is actually pretty much in charge of finances, major decisions, etc., and that I let HIM have the remote control. But, it's not about who has the testosterone, it's more about the freedom I enjoy in letting him take responsibility for the things he wants to take care of. It gives me significant freedom and peace of mind. Also, the trust I place in him, elevates him to his rightful place as a Capricorn male. He is definitely a leader and I am a follower. And, I like it that way. For other relationships, it's different and, thats fine too. Everyone is different and everyone should work out their relationships in a a way that fits them best.

As for career women versus stay at home moms. The stay at home mom has the more important job, in my opinion, because the children really are the future, I know it sounds trite, but the way to change the world is one child at a time. However, I would add, that some women would prefer a career and I'm glad we all have that choice. Especially since I wasn't blessed with kids. I'd just be sitting around the house and getting fat. (For sure I wouldn't be doing a bunch of housecleaning. I didn't inherit that gene from my mom.)

And, when the kids are all grown up, it's wonderful that women have the opportunity, if they have the desire, to have a 2nd career that involves being out in the business world, or whatever they choose. That's the beauty of freedom and equal rights regardless of what's in your pants.

However, I would also like to add the following right:

Any woman has the right to kick any man in the "you know whats" if he ever speaks to her the way BillyBob spoke to me in the following post:

Originally posted by BillyBob
Look Dear, I realize this sort of thing is a bit over your head and beyond your comprehension. Perhaps you would be better suited cooking dinner for your man and cleaning his house, doing his laundry and such things. You clearly don't have the what it takes to be persuasive in a political debate.

Are you with me Sisters?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by erinmarie
I have an axe handle. Wanna borrow it?
As opposed to punching random old bats on general principle...? :chuckle:

Anne

Yes, Poly, the right of women (and men too) to be born IS the most fundamental of all rights. Obviously, if one doesn't have the right to not be murdered before birth then what is the point of any other rights.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by wickwoman

Any woman has the right to kick any man in the "you know whats" if he ever speaks to her the way BillyBob spoke to me in the following post:

:baby:

You deserved every word, you lying, vile, evil twister of words! I predicted this mornimng that you would accuse me of being a sexist instead of realizing that every word I wrote was directed exclusively at you not because you are a woman, but because you are an incompetent liar!

Now, get off the computer and get back in the kitchen where you belong, your man apparently knows his place, it's time you learned yours!!

Are you with me Sisters?

That is doubtful. You see, Poly [and presumably other women here] knows me pretty well by now. She knows that I adore and respect Mrs. BillyBob, I have said so numerous times and given examples. She knows I do not judge people based on their gender.

Nice try, though. Typical liberal, when all else fails, wrongly accuse someone of being a racist or sexist. Now I know how Trent Lott feels. :down:

firechyld

I agree, except for the one political stance thrown in there at the beginning which I will just pretend I didn't see for the sake of solidarity.

My sentiments exactly. :)

As for career women versus stay at home moms. The stay at home mom has the more important job, in my opinion, because the children really are the future, I know it sounds trite, but the way to change the world is one child at a time. However, I would add, that some women would prefer a career and I'm glad we all have that choice. Especially since I wasn't blessed with kids. I'd just be sitting around the house and getting fat. (For sure I wouldn't be doing a bunch of housecleaning. I didn't inherit that gene from my mom.)

I feel that every woman has (or should have) the right to make that decision for herself... whether she wants to be a stay-at-home mother, a career woman, or something in the middle... without being pushed towards one option by anyone other than herself.

Oh, and every woman has the right to, at any given time, declare that she doesn't give a damn about her appearance. Some of my happiest moments have been spent in torn pajama pants, no make up, and ugg boots. ;)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Let's talk women's rights!

Originally posted by Sisters

I believe in the right of a woman to raise her own kids rather than to be made to feel that she's less of a person if she doesn't let somebody else raise them for her.

I believe in the right of a woman to see past the lie that she should try for an impossible and unattainable goal of "having it all".

I believe in the right of a woman not to make a fool of herself on the T.V. show "Cops" when she's trying to take authority over a 6'5" brute of a man.

I delieve in the right of a woman to enjoy taking care of her husband, instead of being told if she does that she is a doormat.

I believe in the right of all women to be satisfied with their appearance instead of swallowing the notion that everything about them needs to be niiped, tucked, or changed in some way.

and adds...
I believe women have the right not to be sexually exploited.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh

Originally posted by Sisters

I believe in the right of a woman to enjoy taking care of her husband, instead of being told if she does that she is a doormat.

I believe in the right of all women to be satisfied with their appearance instead of swallowing the notion that everything about them needs to be niiped, tucked, or changed in some way.

and adds...
I believe women have the right not to be sexually exploited.

We should get these on a T-shirt.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cattyfan

if we do, could we please correct my lousy typing? :)
I believe women should have the right to do this. :D

C

cattyfan

Oh, and every woman has the right to, at any given time, declare that she doesn't give a damn about her appearance. Some of my happiest moments have been spent in torn pajama pants, no make up, and ugg boots.

I'm not sure what ugg boots are...but, YEAH! What she said!