2004 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey Doc, what's the chance of you allowing up to 4 Running Backs, same as the Wide Receivers? That would give us all more options.

drbrumley

Originally posted by BillyBob

Care to elaborate, please?

Well, we all have 16 players. If you place 2 on the practise squad, thereby making them open game for any owner, you will be careful who you would put there.
Hey Doc, what's the chance of you allowing up to 4 Running Backs, same as the Wide Receivers? That would give us all more options.

Don't think that will work. There is already a shortage on runningbacks and allowing another runningback per team would in my opinion make it worse.

drbrumley

Also, the Practise Squad incorporates jefferson's idea at the beginning of the year when he suggested we each pick our team week to week. Remember that? This way, you place two players on a Practise squad and if an another owner decides your practise squad player will do better than what he currently has, your player is open to pickup. Then that owner would have to drop a player to make room for the practise squad player he just picked up. Of course, you plainly just lose the player and then forced to find a replacement.

drbrumley

Also, once he picks up your practise squad player, the other owner who picked him up is then forced by rule to start that player the week he picked him up off your practise squad.

Get it?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by drbrumley

Well, we all have 16 players. If you place 2 on the practise squad, thereby making them open game for any owner, you will be careful who you would put there.

OK, can it be any position?

Don't think that will work. There is already a shortage on runningbacks and allowing another runningback per team would in my opinion make it worse.

I'm not suggesting we enlarge the teams, I'm just saying that we could allow each coach to play 4 RB's and 2 WR's if we choose. It would make things more fair for the guys who have no WR's but decent RB's.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Let me say it another way. Currently, we have 6 positions which are to be filled with Running Backs and Wide Receivers. I'm suggesting that we can use up to 4 of either RB's or WR's to fill those 6 positions, our choice.

Better?

This will be handy if there are injuries or bye weeks.

drbrumley

OK, can it be any position?

All positions are subject to the practise squad. If you decide to put a runningback and a quarterback, thats ok. 2 runningbacks, ok. Simply, any 2 players you have except those who are injured.

I'm not suggesting we enlarge the teams, I'm just saying that we could allow each coach to play 4 RB's and 2 WR's if we choose. It would make things more fair for the guys who have no WR's but decent RB's.

Thats what we do now. It's called a flex position. Right now, you can have 2 RB's and 4WR's and 1 TE.

You can also have, 3WR's, 3RB's 1 TE or
2RB, 3WR 2TE.

Other than that, are you suggesting 3 RB, 3WR normal plus then a flex?

Put it up to a vote of the team owners and see if they like the idea. I'll leave that in your hands.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by drbrumley
Other than that, are you suggesting 3 RB, 3WR normal plus then a flex?

No, I'm suggesting 6 positions being filled by any combination of Wide Receivers and/or Running backs, instead of limiting the Running Backs to 3. The Wide Receivers are limited to 4, at least let the coaches have the option of using 4 Running backs and 2 Wide Receivers if they chose.

Put it up to a vote of the team owners and see if they like the idea. I'll leave that in your hands.

OK, I talked to everybody, they think it's a great idea!

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by cattyfan

where was I during this discussion?

It was a joke, I haven't talked to anybody, yet.

How do you feel about the change, it gives coaches more options. In a league this size, it certainly is needed.

Z Man

What do you have in mind, ZMan? :troy:
I don't care. I just need an RB. Davis, Westbrook, or Brown for anything on my team.

I need to get rid of some of my Carolina WR's...

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey ZMan, I'll trade you Domanick Davis for Keyshaun Johnson. :troy:

You gotta trade me Tight Ends, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.