I have proved Jesus was God in this and challenge any to scripturally disprove me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, my question remains as which you believe as saying the Truth. You quote the NT as speaking about Jesus as the only begotten son of God. I quote the Tanach as HaShem Himself referring to Israel as His Son.
"Israel is My Son; so let My Son go that he may serve Me." (Exodus 4:22,23) Nu!
Both are true. I accept all of scripture. The entire Bible.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
That would be an interesting study or thread.

[emoji846]

I've set up for it. If you want to lay the foundation for the two upcoming threads that I created, but haven't got to yet, I would deeply appreciate it. No pressure.

I'm still at 1 of 5.

I'll link you to the 2 threads, and I may add a 6th because of your excellent feedback.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118731-4-of-5-for-GT-to-Debate-(The-Character-of-God)

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118732-5-of-5-for-GT-to-Debate-(Biblical-verses-on-Satan)

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Well, my question remains about which Testament is telling the Truth; if the NT or the Tanach. You have quoted the NT stating that Jesus is the only begotten son of God and I quoted the Tanach stating that Israel is the Son of God. "Israel is My Son; so let My Son go that he may serve Me." (Exodus 4:22,23) If both are right, you must erase the word "only" in your quote because Jesus was not the only begotten son of God. Nu!

Israel is the biological mechanism for the Son of God. The scripture you quoted backs this.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Ben Masada

Both are true. I accept all of scripture. The entire Bible.

Are you sure! The Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Matthew quoted Jesus as the son of God with an earthly woman. (Matthew 1:18) This is totally wrong as the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach is concerned. Why? Because the doctrine is Greek and totally anti-Jewish for teaching about the Greek demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. But since you accept all scripture no matter what, does it mean you accept this anti-Jewish doctrine? If you find too hard to get out of this one, I have a way out for you. Just replace Jesus with Paul and I'll have nothing to contend with you further.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are you sure! The Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Matthew quoted Jesus as the son of God with an earthly woman. (Matthew 1:18) This is totally wrong as the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach is concerned. Why? Because the doctrine is Greek and totally anti-Jewish for teaching about the Greek demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. But since you accept all scripture no matter what, does it mean you accept this anti-Jewish doctrine? If you find too hard to get out of this one, I have a way out for you. Just replace Jesus with Paul and I'll have nothing to contend with you further.

Jesus is not a demigod. I see no reason to replace Jesus with Paul.

I must be honest I think of this.

Proverbs 30:4 NASB - Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Biological mechanism! I don't get it. Perhaps you mean spiritual adoption because, there is nothing biological about God.

The lineage in Matthew and Luke.

They are complete when studying all manuscripts.

They indeed are both to David and beyond.

Ben Masada

The lineage in Matthew and Luke.

They are complete when studying all manuscripts.

They indeed are both to David and beyond.

Nameless, the lineage of a Jew according to Judaism comes through the father, not the mother. The mother gives only the Jewish identity to her child. Therefore, for Jesus to have come from the David lineage, he would have to be a biological son of Joseph who was the one from the Tribe of Judah. If you read Matthew 1:18, he was not. You must choose for Jesus either his messianic anointing or his filial relation with God. Sorry but, you can't bake your cake and eat it too. Jesus was either the Messiah or the son of God. (Acts 9:20) He could not be both at the same time.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I have proved Jesus was God in this and challenge any to scripturally disprov...

I have proved Jesus was God in this and challenge any to scripturally disprov...

Nameless, the lineage of a Jew according to Judaism comes through the father, not the mother. The mother gives only the Jewish identity to her child. Therefore, for Jesus to have come from the David lineage, he would have to be a biological son of Joseph who was the one from the Tribe of Judah. If you read Matthew 1:18, he was not. You must choose for Jesus either his messianic anointing or his filial relation with God. Sorry but, you can't bake your cake and eat it too. Jesus was either the Messiah or the son of God. (Acts 9:20) He could not be both at the same time.

Think about what you just said Ben.

The FATHER.

Isaiah 43:11

I, I am Yahweh, and there is no other Savior but Me

Ben Masada

Jesus is not a demigod. I see no reason to replace Jesus with Paul.

I must be honest I think of this.

Proverbs 30:4 NASB - Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know!

Of course I agree with you that Jesus is not a demigod! He is dead. Once dead, one is nothing else. Now, let me answer your question about Proverbs 30:4. His name is HaShem, the Lord Almighty Creator of the Universe; and for His son's name, it is Israel. Evidence? Read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son; let My Son god that he may serve Me", says the Lord.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Only Y-H-W-H can be the Son of God and Messiah.

Isaiah 43:11

I, I am Yahweh, and there is no other Savior but Me

Ben Masada

Think about what you just said Ben. The FATHER. Isaiah 43:11. I, I am Yahweh, and there is no other Savior but Me

Yes, Nameless, I did think about what I said. The Father of us all, including of Jesus. "Israel is My Son..." (Exodus 4:22,23) The Lord Almighty, our Savior and Redeemer. (Isa. 43:1,3)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course I agree with you that Jesus is not a demigod! He is dead. Once dead, one is nothing else. Now, let me answer your question about Proverbs 30:4. His name is HaShem, the Lord Almighty Creator of the Universe; and for His son's name, it is Israel. Evidence? Read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son; let My Son god that he may serve Me", says the Lord.

I believe Jesus is the Son of God.

Ben Masada

I believe Jesus is the Son of God.

And so do I but... as part of the People of Israel, not on an individual basis. "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me," said the Almighty. (Exodus 4:22,23) BTW, he was; he is no longer because he is dead. One once dead, he can't be any thing else but dead. That's from II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And so do I but... as part of the People of Israel, not on an individual basis. "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me," said the Almighty. (Exodus 4:22,23) BTW, he was; he is no longer because he is dead. One once dead, he can't be any thing else but dead. That's from II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9.

Jesus is the Son of God. It does not make sense to say Jesus was the Son of God in a way that says or as if He is no longer, though He most definitely is the person who is the Son of God. That is, yes He was the Son of God, the very Son of God. He is the Son of God. And He rose from the dead. He is never to die again.

Romans 6:9 NASB - 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.

Ben Masada

Jesus is the Son of God. It does not make sense to say Jesus was the Son of God in a way that says or as if He is no longer, though He most definitely is the person who is the Son of God. That is, yes He was the Son of God, the very Son of God. He is the Son of God. And He rose from the dead. He is never to die again.

Romans 6:9 NASB - 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.

Listen Jacob, how about adding the word "faith"? If you declare that every thing you have said in this post is by faith; that you believe by faith in all that you have said above, I might agree with you. Paul himself said that he believed by faith in the resurrection of Jesus. That, if his faith proved a failure, and Jesus did not resurrect, he said, "let's eat and drink because tomorrow we die." (I Cor. 15:32) By saying that, he was only standing by his own word that Jesus had resurrected. If fact, he revealed that secret to his disciple Timothy that Jesus' resurrection was according to his own gospel. (II Tim. 2:8) Paul either did not know any thing in the Tanach or he would not give a damn to what the Tanach said. In fact, the Tanach says that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave."
(II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Listen Jacob, how about adding the word "faith"? If you declare that every thing you have said in this post is by faith; that you believe by faith in all that you have said above, I might agree with you. Paul himself said that he believed by faith in the resurrection of Jesus. That, if his faith proved a failure, and Jesus did not resurrect, he said, "let's eat and drink because tomorrow we die." (I Cor. 15:32) By saying that, he was only standing by his own word that Jesus had resurrected. If fact, he revealed that secret to his disciple Timothy that Jesus' resurrection was according to his own gospel. (II Tim. 2:8) Paul either did not know any thing in the Tanach or he would not give a damn to what the Tanach said. In fact, the Tanach says that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave."

Ben,

The very effort of the Talmud to undermine the absence of Jesus's body from the tomb, testifies of His resurrection.

That alone shows the effort to discredit the event.

There is much beyond Paul to prove Jesus's resurrection.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is good for you to mention faith. Do you have faith in God and in Jesus Christ? It is possible to not have faith but then to have faith. If anyone does not have faith in God that does not mean they will die without faith, but they may.

See Faith in God, Faith in Jesus

Are you asking about faith in the resurrection? Faith that it happened?