I am the LORD, and there is none else... I make peace, and create evil [calamity]

beameup

I AM YHWH, and there is no other,
The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing peace and creating evil
[calamity];
I AM YHWH who does all these.
- Isaiah 45:6b-7

daqq

I AM YHWH, and there is no other,
The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing peace and creating evil
[calamity];
I AM YHWH who does all these.
- Isaiah 45:6b-7

Another thought another thread, eh? If only you had listened to and believed the testimony of Yhoshua bin Nun, haKohen haGadol, which is written in the Torah of Elohim, you would have known that your translation is erroneous. :)

beameup

Another thought another thread, eh? If only you had listened to and believed the testimony of Yhoshua bin Nun, haKohen haGadol, which is written in the Torah of Elohim, you would have known that your translation is erroneous. :)

dog-sniffing-butt.jpg

daqq

Joshua 17:15-18 KJV
15 And Joshua answered them, If thou be a great people, then get thee up to the wood country, and cut down
[bara'] for thyself there in the land of the Perizzites and of the giants, [ha-Rephaim] if mount Ephraim be too narrow for thee.
16 And the children of Joseph said, The hill is not enough for us: and all the Canaanites that dwell in the land of the valley have chariots of iron, both they who are of Bethshean and her towns, and they who are of the valley of Jezreel.
17 And Joshua spake unto the house of Joseph, even to Ephraim and to Manasseh, saying, Thou art a great people, and hast great power: thou shalt not have one lot only:
18 But the mountain shall be thine; for it is a wood, and thou shalt cut it down:
[bara'] and the outgoings of it shall be thine: for thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong.

In the beginning Elohim cut down the shamayim and the 'erets: And the 'erets was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the abyss: and Ruach Elohim brooded over the face of the waters.

daqq

Isaiah 45:1-13
45:1 Thus says YHWH to His Mashiach-Anointed one, to Koresh,
[Fiery Furnace] whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut:
45:2 I go before you and make the crooked places straight: I break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron.
45:3 And I will give you the treasures of darkness and the hidden riches of secret places,
[things kept hidden from the foundation of the world] that you may know that I am YHWH who calls you by your name: Elohey Yisrael.
45:4 For the sake of Yaakob My servant and Yisrael mine elect, I have even called you by your name: I have surnamed you,
[Elohey Yisrael] though you have not known Me!
45:5 I am YHWH, and there is none else, there is no Elohim beside me: I gird you,
though you have not known Me:
45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me: I am YHWH, and there is none else!
45:7 I form the light, and
cut down darkness: I make peace, and cut down evil: I YHWH do all these things.
45:8
Drop down, O heavens from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open up, and let it bring forth yesha-salvation, and let righteousness sprout up together; I YHWH have cut-down-created it.
45:9 Woe unto him that strives with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth: shall the clay say to him that fashioned it, What have you made? or Your workmanship has no hands?
45:10 Woe unto him that says unto his father, What did you beget? or to the woman, What have you brought forth?
45:11 Thus says YHWH, the Holy One of Yisrael and his Maker, Ask you Me of things to come concerning My sons? and concerning the work of My hands do you command Me?
45:12 I have made the earth, and
cut down man upon it: I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens; and all their host have I commanded.
45:13
I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build My city, and he shall let go My captives, not for price nor reward, says YHWH Tsabaoth.

chair

You wouldn't understand.

No, I do not understand your twisted "understanding" of the Hebrew Bible.
The verse is a very monotheistic one. It even eliminates any idea that "Satan" is responsible for evil in this world.

beameup

No, I do not understand your twisted "understanding" of the Hebrew Bible.
The verse is a very monotheistic one. It even eliminates any idea that "Satan" is responsible for evil in this world.

It's a rather key verse among Orthodox Jews. Orthodox types seem to not believe in a literal, rather independent, "Satan".

chair

It's a rather key verse among Orthodox Jews. Orthodox types seem to not believe in a literal, rather independent, "Satan".

Since your "independent" Satan doesn't appear in the Hebrew Bible, and since it doesn't fit in with a monotheistic view- what would you expect?

beameup

Since your "independent" Satan doesn't appear in the Hebrew Bible, and since it doesn't fit in with a monotheistic view- what would you expect?

Right, "evil" doesn't exist... it's only imaginary. :devil:
BTW, I am a monotheist.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. - Job 1:7

beameup

Evil exists- an independent Satan doesn't. As the text from Job shows, if you bother reading it in context.

You mean like this:
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan [THE adversary] also came among them. - Job 1:6

Or this:
The LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? - Job 1:8a

How about this:
Then Satan answered the LORD and said: “Does Job fear God for nothing?" - Job 1:9

Or have you considered this:
Then YHWH said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of YHWH. - Job 1:12

Or this from Zechariah:
Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. - Zech 3:1

There's a lot more going on "up there" [in other dimensions] than a constrained and limited "earth-bound" "self-focused" understanding can "grasp". :)

chair

You mean like this:
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan [THE adversary] also came among them. - Job 1:6

Or this:
The LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? - Job 1:8a

How about this:
Then Satan answered the LORD and said: “Does Job fear God for nothing?" - Job 1:9

Or have you considered this:
Then YHWH said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of YHWH. - Job 1:12

Or this from Zechariah:
Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. - Zech 3:1

There's a lot more going on "up there" [in other dimensions] than a constrained and limited "earth-bound" "self-focused" understanding can "grasp". :)

Have you noticed that Satan asks God for permission before doing anything?

beameup

Have you noticed that Satan asks God for permission before doing anything?

So?
BTW, Job is considered to predate the Torah.
Different times, different amount "revealed" to mankind, different set of circumstances.

Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. - Daniel 10:12-13

chair

so I was pointing out that Job doesn't contradict the usual view among Orthodox Jews. Quite the opposite.

BTW, Job is considered to predate the Torah.
Different times, different amount "revealed" to mankind, different set of circumstances.

What I see is another opportunity for you to show off your "great knowledge", and to imply that you know something that the rest of us don't know, but you will only hint at it.

How's your ego today?

beameup

How's your ego today?

You are mistakenly confusing confidence in ruach 'elohim
with Satan's EGO-CENTRIC SIN in defiance of the Almighty.

“How you have fallen from heaven,
O Shining One of the morning, son of the dawn!
You have been cut down to the earth,
You who have weakened the nations!

“But you said in your heart,
I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne above the stars of God,
And I will sit on the mount of assembly
In the recesses of the north.

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’

“Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol,
To the recesses of the pit."