God created evil..

republicanchick

God created evil..

This is a bizarre concept, that God created evil but that is actually a word for word quote from the Bible (aka Word of God)... wish I could remember where it is... Old Testament

Well, when you think about it, how can it be any other way? There is much evil in the world.. no Newsflash! there...

so WHY does God allow evil?

Well, He has his reasons..

the greatest evil was God dying on a cross... (Jesus is God... "If you have seen Me, you seen the Father") and yet look @ all the good that came from it...

:FrankiE::Brandon:

The Church He founded..

:FrankiE:

+

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Thanks. She claims the Bible is the 'Word of God' but clearly she doesn't read it. And in any case the Bible doesn't claim itself to be the 'Word of God'. It reserves that title for Jesus, the Lord. Which doubly proves she is just a joyrider.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
God created evil..

This is a bizarre concept, that God created evil but that is actually a word for word quote from the Bible (aka Word of God)... wish I could remember where it is... Old Testament

Well, when you think about it, how can it be any other way? There is much evil in the world.. no Newsflash! there...

the greatest evil was God dying on a cross... (Jesus is God... "If you have seen Me, you seen the Father") and yet look @ all the good that came from it...

The Church He founded..

+

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God created evil..

Calamity, not evil. God didn't create evil

Isaiah 45:7 - Isaiah 45:7 NIV-

OCTOBER23

REPUB GIRL,

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 I form <03335> (8802) the light <0216>, and create <01254> (8802) darkness <02822>: I make <06213> (8802) peace <07965>, and create <01254> (8802) evil <07451>: I the LORD <03068> do <06213> (8802) all these things.
-----------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD - ONLINE BIBLE FREE -

It has Strong's Concordance on it .

I use it every day.
---------------------------------------

Bradley D

God creates not moral evil. But allows bad things to come upon human kind, because of their turning away from God. Therefore all suffer.

"He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous" (Matthew 5:45).

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God created evil but He did not create man for evil or to know evil, He created man only for good...He placed him in the garden of great beauty and abundance.

...but man himself chose evil over good.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Calamity is good? Or bad? Or do you have your own special definition of evil? Or perhaps it depends on your particular favorite translation?

Yes, exactly. But this thread was a waste of everyone's time because there is another thread in progress on exactly the same subject if the thread initiator had bothered to spend 5 minutes looking.

chair

what does the Hebrew word mean?

In Hebrew the word used is "Ra", which generally means "evil".

One must be careful when comparing the use of a word to the use in modern Hebrew. But in this case, it is the same word as used in"the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", so I think it is pretty clear-cut.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Patrick Jane said,

Calamity, not evil. God didn't create evil

REPUB GIRL,

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 I form <03335> (8802) the light <0216>, and create <01254> (8802) darkness <02822>: I make <06213> (8802) peace <07965>, and create <01254> (8802) evil <07451>: I the LORD <03068> do <06213> (8802) all these things.
-----------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD - ONLINE BIBLE FREE -

It has Strong's Concordance on it .

I use it every day.
---------------------------------------

So do I...
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H7451&t=KJV
EVIL

bad, evil
bad, disagreeable, malignant
bad, unpleasant, evil (giving pain, unhappiness, misery)
evil, displeasing
bad (of its kind - land, water, etc)
bad (of value)
worse than, worst (comparison)
sad, unhappy
evil (hurtful)
bad, unkind (vicious in disposition)
bad, evil, wicked (ethically)
in general, of persons, of thoughts
deeds, actions
n m
evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity
evil, distress, adversity
evil, injury, wrong
evil (ethical)
n f
evil, misery, distress, injury
evil, misery, distress
evil, injury, wrong
evil (ethical)

Hawkins

God created evil..

The Church He founded..

+

Earth is a wilderness. It is a place where Satan is called god of this earth.

Here God's sheep are scattered. This is a place for the sheep to be shown as God's sheep and for the wolves to be shown as wolves such that God will destroy them once and for all.

Earth is no paradise. It is a place outside God's realm. Any place outside God's realm is supposed to be hell-like. Earth is a better place than hell because God still has a job to be done here.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Calamity is good? Or bad? Or do you have your own special definition of evil? Or perhaps it depends on your particular favorite translation?

You just like the idea that God offers harsh punishment in the OT, and you take it personal. You don't believe in God anyway, so evil came through evolution ?