ECT NT words/terms must be defined by considering the whole NT

ZacharyB

The word studies have been in Koine Greek as well as Hebrew in the NT as well as the OT as well as of course in English. I have done a few years of Koine Greek study and own several copies of Koine Greeks Bibles.
BARF ... BARF ...

IMO, most Spirit-filled believers do NOT trust ...
man's Bible translations, man's lexicons, man's commentaries, etc.
Too many doctrines of men creep in.
And we don't want to talk about seminaries, and etc.
There wouldn't be enough space here for all of the BARFs.

They do trust the Holy Spirit to give them the true meaning of Scripture.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then, it will be no problem for you to explain why there are so many verses warning of what you say is impossible. We're waiting. Of course, I hope you are correct. Will you be going the rewards route?
You are waiting?

If that is how you want to take the discussion, so are others:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4494211#post4494211

Given your "ALL of the NT must be taken into account to understand what the words/terms mean" how about taking the full counsel of Holy Writ into account and make some good and necessary deductions? After all, we are waiting. :AMR:

Moreover, as providence would have it, see this freshly made post as relates to the warning verses, etc.:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4495390#post4495390

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BARF ... BARF ...

IMO, most Spirit-filled believers do NOT trust ...
man's Bible translations, man's lexicons, man's commentaries, etc.
Too many doctrines of men creep in.
And we don't want to talk about seminaries, and etc.
There wouldn't be enough space here for all of the BARFs.

They do trust the Holy Spirit to give them the true meaning of Scripture.
Your self-professed man-made doctrine so stated above, notwithstanding of course. :AMR:

Your chronological snobbery is showing here in that you think you are somehow more indwelled by the same Spirit that indwelled those believers that have come before you and yet there is nothing to learn from them.

Beware the "Just Me and My Bible" type. More often than not these will be the folks with the most odd and even heretical notions of what Holy Writ actually teaches. Just do a random sampling of such folks at this site to see this in evidence.

Do you actually attend a church where you have covenanted your membership to receive instruction, worship God, access the ordinary means of grace by Word and Sacrament, and subject yourself to discipline?

AMR

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your self-professed man-made doctrine so stated above, notwithstanding of course. :AMR:

Your chronological snobbery is showing here in that you think you are somehow more indwelled by the same Spirit that indwelled those believers that have come before you and yet there is nothing to learn from them.

Beware the "Just Me and My Bible" type. More often than not these will be the folks with the most odd and even heretical notions of what Holy Writ actually teaches. Just do a random sampling of such folks at this site to see this in evidence.

Do you actually attend a church where you have covenanted your membership to receive instruction, worship God, access the ordinary means of grace by Word and Sacrament, and subject yourself to discipline?

AMR
Excellent!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

AMR

I have found that people generally will not fellowship outside of an organized religion, and if they do speak of something then it is about the beliefs of their own religion, with which they like to examine you, to decide if they can either accept you, or change you, or condemn you. (Musterion is like that)

So I have best friendship with people who are not churched, and about what is really going on in the world, with which I find a lot of agreement, that most church people know little about, because they follow the beliefs of their churches, which are almost never in agreement.

Find the Lord and follow Him only.

Others may help you to get there but to preach church to them will not get them there, or you.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have found that people generally will not fellowship outside of an organized religion, and if they do speak of something then it is about the beliefs of their own religion, with which they like to examine you, to decide if they can either accept you, or change you, or condemn you. (Musterion is like that)

So I have best friendship with people who are not churched, and about what is really going on in the world, with which I find a lot of agreement, that most church people know little about, because they follow the beliefs of their churches, which are almost never in agreement.

Find the Lord and follow Him only.

Others may help you to get there but to preach church to them will not get them there, or you.

LA

Also AMR,

Churches often seem to think they own people, and act like mothers who in seeing the children growing up, want to place them back on the breast. (which by then offers only dry religion).

and many people love that because they are filled with fear by the mothers that if they ever leave home then they will not survive.

Such is the ministry of fear.

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Then, it will be no problem for you to explain why there are
so many verses warning of what you say is impossible.
We're waiting.
Of course, I hope you are correct.
Will you be going the rewards route?
ZacharyB,

What do you think this verse means?....

2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

ZacharyB

It will clear things up not to mix justification and transformation.
Are you choosing to ignore all of the NT Scriptures that teach:
those who actually practice righteousness are the righteous ones,
and only the righteous ones end up inheriting eternal life.
And etc.

ZacharyB

ZacharyB, What do you think this verse means?....
2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God,
a worker who does not need to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.
Rightly divide the word of God, and diligently work to follow its' precepts,
so you won't be ashamed of your Christian life, but will be approved by God.

Of course, this particular verse does not say
why it's important to be approved by God.
Do all verses have to include all spiritual truth?
IMO, our bibles are quite large enough already!

Interplanner

Are you choosing to ignore all of the NT Scriptures that teach:
those who actually practice righteousness are the righteous ones,
and only the righteous ones end up inheriting eternal life.
And etc.

No, not ignoring any of them. But justification and transformation do not mix any more than a horse and a cart.

Justification is God's work for us (about our debt of sin) in Christ. It took place in history.
Transformation is God's work in us (about the effects or power of sin) by the Spirit. It takes place in our lives.

When you read something like Gal 2's 'yet Christ lives in me' it is not necessarily about sanctification/transformation. The difference between Christian and Judaism view of justification was huge, so there was a sense of being alive or dead only in the area of justification, for Paul. "Through the law I died to the law" is not about transformation, either. It is about where Judaism's view of justification got him, ie, where it didn't get him.