ECT Who are called, who are chosen, and who are in Christ?

ZacharyB

It has always seemed to me that all born-again believers were “called” to be such.
But the NT warns of believers losing eternal life, gaining eternal death, being shut
out of entering the kingdom of heaven, etc.
So obviously, the following passage has been a thorn in my side of understanding …

Romans 8:28-30 • “And we know that all things work together for good to those
who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom
He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son,
that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.”

However, IMO, many born-again believers who were called were later NOT chosen …
because they proved to NOT be obedient believers, and thus NOT worthy believers!
Matthew 22:14 • “For many are called, but few are chosen.”
“The gospel of Christ is preached to all men, and many hear Christ’s call. They come at first.
They say Christ’s gospel is pleasing. They may agree with it. But in their hearts they do not
fully give their lives to Christ … they are not prepared to be servants of Christ.
They are not chosen. Christ’s servants must be chosen (John 15:16).”
(The Applied New Testament Commentary -- Thomas Hale, 1996, ChariotVictor Publishing)

IMO, there is a special subset group of those whom God has called.
These special called ones actually love Jesus enough to be obedient to Him.
They are ”those who love God … those who are the called according to His purpose”.

Jesus says those who love Him will keep (obey) His commandments …
John 14:15-17 • “If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father,
and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever —
the Spirit of truth … for He dwells with you and will be in you.”
John 14:21-24 • “He who has My commandments & keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and
manifest Myself to him ... If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word;
and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
He who does not love Me does not keep My words …”

Questions:
1 -- Does anyone get to heaven who does not love Jesus?
2 -- Does anyone get to heaven who does not keep His commandments?
3 -- Does the believer who is a “non-keeper” continue to have the indwelling Holy Spirit?

1 John 2:3-5 • “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His command-ments. He who says, “I know Him”, and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.”

1 John 3:24 • “Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.”
John 15:6 “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”

Questions:
4 -- Should believers who are “non-keepers” be considered to be “in Christ”?
5 -- Do “non-keeper” believers, who do not abide in Jesus, lose their salvation?

More NT Scriptures about the necessity of obedience
Matthew 19:17 • “But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
Luke 8:21 • “My mother & My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”
Romans 6:16-19 • “… (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness”
Hebrews 3:18 • “… they would not enter His rest … those who did not obey”
Hebrews 5:9 • “… He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.”
James 1:21-22 • “be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”
1 Peter 1:22 • “… you have purified your souls in obeying the truth …”

Question:
6 -- When believers who habitually sin finally return to God by sincerely repenting of their sins,
and beginning (again perhaps) a life of obedience, does the Holy Spirit return to them?
Are they back abiding “in Christ” again?

DAN P

ZacharyB;44921 5 -- Do “non-keeper” believers said:
Hi and Gal 3:28 says that all believers who " ARE / ESTE " is a verb in the CONTINUOUS PRESENT and means all who are " in CHRIST " are always " in Christ " forever !!

Paul is the ONLY one who writes about believers that " ARE / ESTE " in Christ , check and see !!

That means all who are " in Christ " means OSAS !!:chuckle::chuckle:

If you do not know what the Verb , the PRESENT TENSE means , just look at any Greek book OR google and see !!

DAN P

DAN P

Sure, Dan, it's all about who is "in Christ" ...
... and when they are, and when they ain't.
Now please tell us what the Greek word is for "ain't".

Hi and since you think it is a joke , O WELL , and some will check and LEARN , BUT NOT YOU !!:mock::mock:

DAN P

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Zachary, unbelievers will be resurrected and have an opportunity for salvation by grace.

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5 NKJV)​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We've seen that Zb has zero respect for God's word...he adds to it to make it say more than it does, and now he is taking away from it to make it conform to his rotten doctrines.

The scriptures say

WHO He foreknew He also predestinated
WHO He predestinated THEM He also called
WHO He called THEM He also justified
WHO He justified THEM He also glorified

You don't love or keep God's word at all

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and I gave never seen this verse , so where is it ??

He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. (John 12:48 NKJV)​

ZacharyB

A reply to another thread topic ... from someone elsewhere ...

There's a difference between eternal security and eternal salvation as (someone is) not thinking the same thing. God gives new life only to those who are obedient in His word,
He does not bless the unrighteous.
Those that have rested their hopes of salvation
in the saving works of Christ are those that accept His words to be true and in obedience practice His commandments in faith, trusting His teachings to be the only way to salvation.
Ask yourself this, what did John mean when he said "For this is the love of God,
that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome." 1 John 5:3.
So answer this, will Christians go to heaven if they accept Christ's gift of salvation
and take the mark of the beast?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A reply to another thread topic ... from someone elsewhere ...

There's a difference between eternal security and eternal salvation as (someone is) not thinking the same thing. God gives new life only to those who are obedient in His word,
He does not bless the unrighteous.
Those that have rested their hopes of salvation
in the saving works of Christ are those that accept His words to be true and in obedience practice His commandments in faith, trusting His teachings to be the only way to salvation.
Ask yourself this, what did John mean when he said "For this is the love of God,
that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome." 1 John 5:3.
So answer this, will Christians go to heaven if they accept Christ's gift of salvation
and take the mark of the beast?

You're what they call a, "Worker." You see, there are "workers" and
there are "Faithers." Faithers gain entrance to eternal life. Whereas,
"workers" are judged by their works.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Zakree B likes to judge and work. He wants everyone to obey the law, but then he'll be judged by his works.

Romans 2:6 KJV - Romans 2:12 KJV - Revelation 20:13 KJV -

but grace believers are - Romans 2:7 KJV -

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
all are in Christ
all are called
few are chosen to be leaders
and
has nothing to do with salvation

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
all are in Christ
all are called
and

Only those who have heard the Grace Gospel, placed
their faith in Christ and not themselves, been indwelt,
sealed and baptized (not by water) into the Body of
Christ by the Holy Spirit, are saved.

ZacharyB

A reply to me re: salvation is a life-long process ... from someone elsewhere ...

You are correct. I also had that (opposite) false teaching inside me till the holy spirit
opened my eyes to the other scriptures and helped me understand other things.
People around here will be so shocked when they find out Paul's real teaching about works.
It's a huge error taught by Martin Luther that has plagued the thinkings of so many Christians.
And it is a life long process as we're being saved. No one is truly saved till the end
as long as satan is alive and ruler of this world, anyone can fall away.

ZacharyB

all are in Christ
all are called
and
I heard that once from a pastor of pastors.
Meanwhile, it seems you believe obedience
to Jesus' commandments is not necessary.
But, is that because you don't do them?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A reply to me re: salvation is a life-long process ... from someone elsewhere ...

You are correct. I also had that (opposite) false teaching inside me till the holy spirit
opened my eyes to the other scriptures and helped me understand other things.
People around here will be so shocked when they find out Paul's real teaching about works.
It's a huge error taught by Martin Luther that has plagued the thinkings of so many Christians.
And it is a life long process as we're being saved. No one is truly saved till the end
as long as satan is alive and ruler of this world, anyone can fall away.

If one is in the Body of Christ they cannot lose that position, because, they have been "sealed" by the Holy Spirit

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God can do anything He wants to, such as:
unsealing someone, retracting a gift, removing His grace, etc.

God's grace means His unmerited favor.
Just another reason why He wouldn't mind removing it.

God promised He wouldn't. We are saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise. A promise from God. God does not break His promises, you are claiming He does.

Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

ZacharyB

God promised He wouldn't. We are saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise.
A promise from God. God does not break His promises, you are claiming He does.
Ephesians 1:13 KJV -
Finally, some kind of decent response from you.

Again, I remind you that Ephesians was written only to "faithful" saints.
Ditto for Colossians.

Some NT statements are to believers ... assuming they will
continue to believe, have faith, trust, obey unto salvation.

Count the number of "IF"s in the NT.
It's all conditional ... as are all covenants.