republicanchick

If you don't vote for these pro-life candidates, u r not a Christian

true story...

• Cruz
  • Jindal
  • Rubio
  • Huckabee
  • Paul

the other ones say abortion is OK in some situations. Yeh, murder is OK depending on the circumstances.

Right... as long as you don't murder THEM, eh??

I like what Reagan said about abortion

[slight paraphrase]

The reason some people are not against abortion, not terribly upset about it being legal

is because

they are already born

++

Bradley D

I do not know if they will change the abortion laws. Also there will be wars upon wars according to Jesus. I do not see any of them as being peace activists. I had a granddaughter's high school teacher tell be she believed in abortion. I told her I believe in responsibility for one's actions.

republicanchick

I do not know if they will change the abortion laws. Also there will be wars upon wars according to Jesus. I do not see any of them as being peace activists. I had a granddaughter's high school teacher tell be she believed in abortion. I told her I believe in responsibility for one's actions.

responsibility for one's actions could involve just about any petty issue... cleaning up after yourself... etc.. I mean that just doesn't say it..

we are talkng about MURDER...

Still, I agree w/ u... legalized abortion tells society Don't bother being careful whom you sleep with... you can always get rid of the "problem"

as to war...

the only way to avoid war is with war... (sometimes) b/c you have to kill the few in order to save the many.. and to avoid having to kill many in the future...

Peace through strength.. If people feared the US, they would not mess w/ us... but now they are messing w/ our allies.. and we are next

although 'we' are already being attacked... to attack our allies.. well, it is supposed to be seen as an attack on us... and some of us still c it that way... but times.. they are a changing

__

lukecash12

If you don't vote for these pro-life candidates, u r not a Christian

true story...

• Cruz
  • Jindal
  • Rubio
  • Huckabee
  • Paul

the other ones say abortion is OK in some situations. Yeh, murder is OK depending on the circumstances.

Right... as long as you don't murder THEM, eh??

I like what Reagan said about abortion

[slight paraphrase]

The reason some people are not against abortion, not terribly upset about it being legal

is because

they are already born

++

Yeah, as if a president could succeed in changing something SCOTUS has already ruled on... Maybe if we cared enough about abortion congress as a whole would reflect it?

yes I do

"You will know them by their fruits"

++

What fruits, rpchick? What is Christian fruit? Maybe if you can adequately describe that, then you can give statements about it that we can take seriously. There is every indication aside from it being plainly spelled out, that the Apostle Paul himself was a mass murderer. He also didn't condemn slavery because he know he wouldn't accomplish anything doing that.

It's perfectly possible for a politician to have sentiments against abortion, but know that if he militates against it in his platform, it will only cut short his chances of being elected. With the way our government works, anyways, the real place to take a stand on this issue is in the Senate, and the people we've elected for the Senate have not been representative of a godly view on this issue for some time, hence them either voting nay against anti-abortion House initiatives or not even giving it any time on the floor.

Presidential candidates have always had to say certain things to get elected, and they have always known that in spite of their wanted position, what they say about issues that are legislative and judicial has more to do with marketing themselves than really telling us what they're going to accomplish at the capitol. A president has some clout in congress but not nearly as much as people think. It is the vice president who does most of the legislative legwork for the president, by participating in Senate committees, and helping to present bills.

A president can push for something, but they don't personally write any piece of legislation, or determine what exactly that legislation means as SCOTUS does. What the president can do aside from approving or vetoing a bill, is he can exercise jurisprudence in carrying out the law.

So, to reiterate: what these candidates are saying about abortion may not be indicative at all of their personal feelings on the issue. They would not be in a position to actually present a bill on it in the first place, so they are merely marketing themselves to voters when they discuss such things. It is the vice president that tries to work in accordance with the president's legislative inclinations, and through what the VP does you can often discern how that person really felt about such issues as a candidate.

republicanchick

Yeah, as if a president could succeed in changing something SCOTUS has already ruled on... Maybe if we cared enough about abortion congress as a whole would reflect it?

we the people don't care much about abortion b/c as Reagan said

we are already born..

People are just totally selfish... I know.. Newsflash and all...

Anyway, SCOTUS has changed rulings b4. it can do so again

you notice we don't have Dred Scott anymore

+

lukecash12

we the people don't care much about abortion b/c as Reagan said

we are already born..

People are just totally selfish... I know.. Newsflash and all...

Anyway, SCOTUS has changed rulings b4. it can do so again

you notice we don't have Dred Scott anymore

+

Again: what does the president have to do with SCOTUS or Congress on this issue? Presidents have a limited role in both of those areas of government. So the way they campaign won't exactly reflect what they think about what's happening in SCOTUS or Congress.

OCTOBER23

REPUBLIC CHICK IS NOT A CHRISTIAN AND YET SHE IS VOTING.

Let us vote for Republic Chick as a Pagan Catholic Non-christian.