ECT Q for those who DO believe in OSAS

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are ignorant. The believer is divinely, judicially reckoned as having died with Christ and to the principle of law righteousness, while the old man of flesh - who is not the believer, only with the believer - is still very much alive and kicking. In a word...grace.

I've answered this from you before, more than once. You can't understand what we're saying. Telling you again won't matter. Not our fault.

Try explaining it better.

LA

revpete

Was there ever a time that you, as a religious person or as a saved person, did not believe you have been given unconditional eternal safety in Christ? If so, what was it that changed your mind? How did you come to believe it now?

For me, I never questioned the idea of UESIC; it made sense because of everything Paul says happens to the believer upon believing the Gospel, combined with the ultimate fact that God does not lie. Rather, my struggle - thanks to Reformed influences - was agonizing over whether I was elect or not, not whether God would ever unjustify someone he'd already justified. That idea struck me as blasphemously stupid, and still does.

Thanks in advance for any stories you care to share.

Hi,

When I was first saved I was an Armenian. That lasted for about ten years. Then a minister friend's wife asked me the question: do you believe that Jesus died for the sins of the world? I of course said I did and dutifully trotted out Jn. 3:16. All she replied was: "pray about it". That started me on a road that went on for roughly four years which resulted in my theology being turned on its head.

I have been a Calvinist for twenty years and through all the ups and downs of Christian life I remain totally blessed. However, I do understand completely those who do not subscribe to this teaching.

Pete 👤

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I thought LA was already the judge of all mankind, and a spiritual guru to all on TOL with ears to hear?

LA is here to predict the demise of fellow posters. She predicted
I would one day be "beheaded." She predicted, another poster
would be set ablaze by fire. Another would be impaled on some
arrows by an expert archer. That's the one's I've heard about.

SaulToPaul 2

And LA wonders why I believe he/she would like to lure saint john w the great up to an exceeding high mountain, and push him off.

glorydaz

A couple of bears were going to come get me. ;)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And LA wonders why I believe he/she would like to lure saint john w the great up to an exceeding high mountain, and push him off.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

musterion

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

You said God told you Gros would lose his head.

SaulToPaul 2

By the way, my statement was not a lie.
I do believe it. You need to distinguish between my opinion and a lie.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I was first saved I was an Armenian. That lasted for about ten years. Then a minister friend's wife asked me the question: do you believe that Jesus died for the sins of the world? I of course said I did and dutifully trotted out Jn. 3:16.

John 3 says nothing in regards to the gospel given to Paul by the Lord Jesus Christ. The distinction is important.