ECT Q for those who DO believe in OSAS

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes He does--

Isa 50:1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

Dope

When God asks "where is the bill of divorcement" He is saying there is none

The reason you cannot understand scripture is because you insult the Author of it.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When God asks "where is the bill of divorcement" He is saying there is none

Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also. (Jeremiah 3:8 NKJV)​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also. (Jeremiah 3:8 NKJV)​

Jeremiah 3:14 Return o backsliding children for I am married unto thee

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes that is a clearer verse

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are ignorant. The believer is divinely, judicially reckoned as having died with Christ and to the principle of law righteousness, while the old man of flesh - who is not the believer, only with the believer - is still very much alive and kicking. In a word...grace.

Then why did Paul tell the Roman Christians they had to reckon themselves dead to sin, if it was impossible for them to sin.

You carry the lesson into the wrong teaching.

If you are IN Christ then your old man is dead.

That simply means that if you continue to sin then you have not reckoned with your high position IN Christ, NOT that you can not sin, as Nick M claims.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are ignorant. The believer is divinely, judicially reckoned as having died with Christ and to the principle of law righteousness, while the old man of flesh - who is not the believer, only with the believer - is still very much alive and kicking. In a word...grace.

LA is missing a large amount of grey matter. You'll have to excuse her.

musterion

Then why did Paul tell the Roman Christians they had to reckon themselves dead to sin, if it was impossible for them to sin.

You carry the lesson into the wrong teaching.

If you are IN Christ then your old man is dead.

That simply means that if you continue to sin then you have not reckoned with your high position IN Christ, NOT that you can not sin, as Nick M claims.

LA

I've answered this from you before, more than once. You can't understand what we're saying. Telling you again won't matter. Not our fault.