ECT Q for those who DO believe in OSAS

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Exactly. When you put it like that it shows how ludicrous it is to believe salvation can be lost due to something we do. God can do anything. cancelling any part of The Son's Work on the Cross isn't one of them.

Your salvation is sure if--

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Here described are those who failed to make their salvation sure----

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment do you suppose will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:26-29 NKJV)​

All sin is wilful, YOU have sinned....kiss your butte goodbye

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Your salvation is sure if--

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF YOUR MISTAKE, YOU DON'T HAVE FAITH SO HOW CAN YOU ADD TO IT.? virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
3 Then [Jesus] told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.
4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.
5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.
6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.
7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.
8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop – a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
9 He who has ears, let him hear.”
Matthew 13:3-9

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:
19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path.
20 The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy.
21 But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.
22 The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.
23 But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” [NIV]
Matthew 13:18-23

Check your soil.

Rather check which kind of soil ye be....LA is the kind of soil who receives the word until temptation came

If she had been good soil she would have understood it

...same with all those who fall away....the question they should ask is "are they saved in the first place"? it is not WE who question their salvation but THEY themselves question it

heir

TOL Subscriber
Was there ever a time that you, as a religious person or as a saved person, did not believe you have been given unconditional eternal safety in Christ? If so, what was it that changed your mind? How did you come to believe it now?

For me, I never questioned the idea of UESIC; it made sense because of everything Paul says happens to the believer upon believing the Gospel, combined with the ultimate fact that God does not lie. Rather, my struggle - thanks to Reformed influences - was agonizing over whether I was elect or not, not whether God would ever unjustify someone he'd already justified. That idea struck me as blasphemously stupid, and still does.

Thanks in advance for any stories you care to share.
I meant to respond to this the other day and never got back to it.

I was taught that Romans 10:9-10 was the gospel. So I believed that I had to confess with my mouth the WHO of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead, but I never trusted the Lord believing that Christ died for my sins as that was never presented as the gospel of Christ, the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes. I was also taught that we were the "Gentiles grafted in". With that loomed the threat of being cut off. I can read and believed that continuing "in His goodness" meant if I didn't do certain things, I could be cut off.

It wasn't until I heard the gospel of Christ preached in it's simplicity by Brother SaulToPaul that I trusted the Lord believing IT and was saved! I've learned a lot since then, kicked out a lot of bad doctrine and endevour to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. Eternal security is one of the first things one need to be taught by the form of sound words of the apostle Paul in Romans trhough Philemon when they get saved. To know Whom we have believed and to believe that He is able to keep that which we have committed unto Him against that day is paramount to the faith.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All sin is wilful, YOU have sinned....kiss your butte goodbye

I have sinned because I was not born with God's Spirit.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:2 NKJV)

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Romans 8:9 NKJV)​

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He did no such thing He died under the banner "The King of the Jews"

God does not recognise divorce.

Yes He does--

Isa 50:1 Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But my butt is not a butte.

We see how people fight against the words of the Bible by speaking badly of the messengers, if perhaps their message can be destroyed.

How blind they must be to not know that the rejecters of Christ's message did the same thing in His time.--

Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

LA

ZacharyB

We see how people fight against the words of the Bible
by speaking badly of the messengers,
if perhaps their message can be destroyed.
How blind they must be to not know that
the rejecters of Christ's message did the same thing in His time.
Satan has his henchmen standing at the door of all Christian forums,
trying to discredit the spiritual Truth which is coming forth.

This what the Qur'an does ... it discredit the Holy Bible!
E.G. The Qur'an alters some of the major stories in the Torah.
This causes confusion as to what really is the Truth.

Satan >> false angel "Gabriel" >> false god "Allah" >> Mohammed >> Qur'an

History teaches everyone that Mohammed was an adulterer, murderer, etc.
But, do Muslims care? NO
A fine example of many people being spiritually deceived.
Kinda like we see here on this forum.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
A believer does not lose his salvation but he can lose his assurance of it because of sin. He does lose his testimony as well as rewards in the kingdom. Scripture teaches that some believers will spend the thousand years in the kingdom in a state of regret that they should have lived for the Lord in this life.

When a believer fails to mature and continues to sin he has to relearn the milk of the word which includes the doctrine of eternal security. That is why when I was a backslidden Christian I was stuck on osas and offended by those against that truth. Until this issue was settled in my mind I could not move forward in my walk with Him who gave Himself for me.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Rather check which kind of soil ye be....LA is the kind of soil who receives the word until temptation came

If she had been good soil she would have understood it

...same with all those who fall away....the question they should ask is "are they saved in the first place"? it is not WE who question their salvation but THEY themselves question it

All the soils represent saved people except for the wayside.
Think about it.

ZacharyB

A believer does not lose his salvation but ...
Only God's special elect have OSAS.
Many are called, but few are chosen.

These special elect:
-- heed God's warnings
-- co-operate with God's Spirit
-- agree to be sanctified unto holiness
-- work at maintaining their righteousness
-- are spoken of in many of the Holy Scriptures
-- were elected before the foundation of the world,
by a God who sees everything (the end from the beginning)