The Terrible God of Calvinism

musterion

So you think you can act contradictory to your nature?

Focus.

If God -- Who does not lie -- wanted me to believe the Gospel and would have left me in sin if I didn't, then the ability to choose or not choose to obey Him by believing the Gospel IS part of my nature. Else He'd never expect it from me.

Either that or...as I said before...He is a liar, claiming to expect something from me He knows full well I cannot provide.

Seeing your problem yet?

NickCharles

Focus.

If God -- Who does not lie -- wanted me to believe the Gospel and would leave me in my sin if I didn't, then the ability to choose or not choose to obey Him by believing the Gospel IS part of my nature.

Else...as I said before...He is a liar.

Seeing your problem yet?

Yes. I see that you do not agree with scripture when it makes differentiations between being in the flesh and being in the spirit.

musterion

Yes. I see that you do not agree with scripture when it makes differentiations between being in the flesh and being in the spirit.

Stop being an evasive weasel and answer my last post. Why would God offer to ALL the lost something which He knows they "by nature" (according to you) cannot respond to?

musterion

If you ask me a question without the insults, I'll be more than happy to respond.

You're just like all Calvinists -- you get pinned down on the contradiction between the un-lying nature of God and the lying nature of your misconception of "God" and you turn petulant because you can't answer it.

NickCharles

You're just like all Calvinists -- you get pinned down on the contradiction between the un-lying nature of God and the lying nature of your misconception of "God" and you turn petulant because you can't answer it.

Like I said, ask the question without the insult and I will answer.

NickCharles

I actually don't need your answer because you've already shown you don't have one. You can't answer it. None of you can.

You're a fraud.

Since, as a Christian, you seem unwilling to ask me the question without being abrasive, I guess we will never know if you are correct.

musterion

Oh, and I took this as an insult, as well as a lie:

So you insulted me first.

And I know I'm correct. You cannot reconcile God not lying in the Bible with the "God" of Calvinism lying about whom "He" intends to save.

glorydaz

Unwilling. What is meant by that is that they hear the truth. We know it's the truth. But they reject it.

Why would they do that? Because they loved darkness more than the light, perhaps?

So something must occur in order for someone to believe in something that they don't believe in.

They have to hear....which is why we preach the gospel. It's the power of God unto salvation for all who hear and believe. There is power in God's word that we were created to hear.

If scripture is correct that the gospel is spiritually discerned, then there can not be any way the natural man can believe it's true. And since we cannot please God in the flesh, there's no way the natural man can believe in his natural state. Something must change.

When you slip in something that isn't true, it nullifies your conclusion. God created us to know Him. You already agreed to that..

Hear Paul tells us there are Gentiles who "do by nature" the things contained in the law.....their God given (conscience) bears witness. Our conscience is awakened by the word of God...which is why the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. How can they believe unless they hear? How can they hear without a preacher? You seem to think that they can't hear with or without a preacher. :think:

Romans 2:14-15
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing​

So when the light of the glorious gospel shines, and we hear the word of God, we remember God's goodness, longsuffering, and forbearance in our lives which causes us to turn to Him and trust Him. That's what happened to me. :)

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?​

NickCharles

Oh, and I took this as an insult, as well as a lie:

So you insulted me first.

And I know I'm correct. You cannot reconcile God not lying in the Bible with the "God" of Calvinism lying about whom "He" wants to save.

It was an observation about your view. If you see it as an insult, I apologize and ask for your forgiveness.

musterion

Aaaaaaand...he's gone.

Oh, there he is after all.

I forgive you but I do not forgive your doctrine. You need to repent of it -- it is slander against God and His Christ.

NickCharles

Why would they do that? Because they loved darkness more than the light, perhaps?

They have to hear....which is why we preach the gospel. It's the power of God unto salvation for all who hear and believe. There is power in God's word that we were created to hear.

When you slip in something that isn't true, it nullifies your conclusion. God created us to know Him. You already agreed to that..

Hear Paul tells us there are Gentiles who "do by nature" the things contained in the law.....their God given (conscience) bears witness. Our conscience is awakened by the word of God...which is why the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. How can they believe unless they hear? How can they hear without a preacher? You seem to think that they can't hear with or without a preacher. :think:

Romans 2:14-15

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing​

So when the light of the glorious gospel shines, and we hear the word of God, we remember God's goodness, longsuffering, and forbearance in our lives which causes us to turn to Him and trust Him. That's what happened to me. :)

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?​

Okay. Since faith comes by hearing, and you state that everyone hears, then you'd have to conclude that all that hear are justified since justification is by faith.

glorydaz

Actually, you seem to think being in the flesh means a person is dead. A person is "dead in trespasses and sins" because they are sitting on death row....not because they are zombies.

glorydaz

Okay. Since faith comes by hearing, and you state that everyone hears, then you'd have to conclude that all that hear are justified since justification is by faith.

No, all are capable of hearing, but they have selective hearing...like many a man. :chuckle:

NickCharles

Actually, you seem to think being in the flesh means a person is dead. A person is "dead in trespasses and sins" because they are sitting on death row....not because they are zombies.

But scripture says that you cannot please God in the flesh. So however you want to portray it, something still must change.