The Terrible God of Calvinism

nikolai_42

The reason that I did not respond to Christ for a number of years is because I loved being a sinner.

I did not get saved until I was 34.

So the very thing you rejected ultimately ended up saving you? And the only reason it did was because you chose it? Okay...but if you loved being a sinner, what changed?

Robert Pate

Banned
So God is impotent in that He is unable to save everyone?

God has done all that he can do to provide salvation for all.

He now offers salvation to all who do nothing more than call upon his name, Romans 10:13.

God imposes salvation on no one. To do so would make him unjust.

NickCharles

God has done all that he can do to provide salvation for all.

He now offers salvation to all who do nothing more than call upon his name, Romans 10:13.

God imposes salvation on no one. To do so would make him unjust.

That does not go against Calvinism. I'm not sure why you'd think so.

Robert Pate

Banned
So the very thing you rejected ultimately ended up saving you? And the only reason it did was because you chose it? Okay...but if you loved being a sinner, what changed?

I heard the Gospel and the Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ.

I accepted Christ as my savior and repented of my sins.

nikolai_42

I heard the Gospel and the Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ.

I accepted Christ as my savior and repented of my sins.

What would you say about someone in that position who still rejected Christ? Wouldn't you say he still loved his sins (at least more than Christ - certainly not enough to give them up even though he knew what his end would be)?

Robert Pate

Banned
Please post anything from any Calvinist writing that supports this. Otherwise, it must be retracted if you have any integrity.

Thats an easy one. Cannons of Dort, First Head: Article #6.

"That some receive the gift of faith from God and others do not proceeds from God's eternal decree".

NickCharles

Thats an easy one. Cannons of Dort, First Head: Article #6.

"That some receive the gift of faith from God and others do not proceeds from God's eternal decree".

Yep. Where does that state that not everyone CAN believe? We are talking about ability, not willingness.

Robert Pate

Banned
You use scripture. You just don't seem to understand them, nor do you use them consistently.

I understand them completely.

My doctrine is true because it is based upon the Bible, the Gospel and justification by faith, and is confirmed by the Holy Spirit.

What you need to do is get all of your man conceived writings together and throw them in the trash.

NickCharles

I understand them completely.

My doctrine is true because it is based upon the Bible, the Gospel and justification by faith, and is confirmed by the Holy Spirit.

What you need to do is get all of your man conceived writings together and throw them in the trash.

So should I follow what you say, if I want to be correct?