ECT Countdown to Battle Royale XIV

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
king-james-only-debate.png

* Announcing Upcoming King James Only Debate: Bob Enyart and Will Duffy, of Denver Bible Church, will be debating a leader in the King James Only movement, Colorado's Will Kinney. The five-round written debate will take place on TheologyOnline beginning Monday Nov. 2 and is titled: "Is the King James Bible the Only Inspired Scripture on Earth Today? Battle Royale XIV". We'll use kgov.com/kjo to keep you updated, and you can click here for KJO Debate Countdown Clock!

Interplanner

It already sounds meaningless because the originals were not in English, and the title forgot to specify which language.

OCTOBER23

If it is good enough for the Mormons ,

then it is good enough for the Catholics.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
king-james-only-debate.png

* Announcing Upcoming King James Only Debate: Bob Enyart and Will Duffy, of Denver Bible Church, will be debating a leader in the King James Only movement, Colorado's Will Kinney. The five-round written debate will take place on TheologyOnline beginning Monday Nov. 2 and is titled: "Is the King James Bible the Only Inspired Scripture on Earth Today? Battle Royale XIV". We'll use kgov.com/kjo to keep you updated, and you can click here for KJO Debate Countdown Clock!

Is it live on the internet ?

Danoh

I look forward to the debate.

Should be interesting; I've heard and or read the best on both sides, more or less, and have yet to find anyone on either side who does not end up at holes on one thing or another.

I have to wonder if the answer to both, as clear as it appears to be, is not the answer.

At the same time, appearances at times only appear to be.

As a result, round and round this issue goes.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Should be interesting; I've heard and or read the best on both sides, more or less, and have yet to find anyone on either side who does not end up at holes on one thing or another.

I have to wonder if the answer to both, as clear as it appears to be, is not the answer.

At the same time, appearances at times only appear to be.

As a result, round and round this issue goes.
Yeah. About the time you think you have heard it all, you learn you haven't.

andyc

I think the use of the word "inspired" needs explaining. The translation did not simply flow to them by the Spirit. These people drew on their knowledge of Greek as well as their personal interpretation of scripture, and then the work was subject to critical review and subsequently underwent revision.

The result is a very fine translation, but not perfect.

Danoh

I think the use of the word "inspired" needs explaining. The translation did not simply flow to them by the Spirit. These people drew on their knowledge of Greek as well as their personal interpretation of scripture, and then the work was subject to critical review and subsequently underwent revision.

The result is a very fine translation, but not perfect.

Not all KJV Onlyists hold that the translation was "inspired."

At least, not those within MAD who are KJVO.

MAD KJVO's tend to hold that only the Originals were inspired.

At the same time they will hold that a translation of a passage that results in its communicating the same information carries the same weight and authority as the originally inspired one.

They do not view the translators as having been inspired - that is more the assertion of the huge number of those Baptists who are KJVO.