Rapture verses found in the Old Testament

beameup

"Hints" at the New Testament doctrine of the Rapture of the Body of Believers in Christ, prior to the Tribulation:

Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain. - Isaiah 26:19-21 KJV

beameup

For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;
In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock.

Psalm 27:5

Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me,
For my soul takes refuge in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge
Until destruction passes by.

Psalm 57:1b

A Song, a Psalm of Asaph.
O God, do not remain quiet;
Do not be silent and, O God, do not be still.
For behold, Your enemies make an uproar,
And those who hate You have exalted themselves.
They make shrewd plans against Your people,
And conspire together against Your treasured ones.

Psalm 83:1-3

Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger. - Zephaniah 2:3

O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! - Job 14:13

The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. - Isaiah 57:1

Last edited:

daqq

"Rapture verses found in the Old Testament"

Don't let the original languages and definitions distract from the outcome of the passage. I only quote all of this to show where Paul likely gets his reference, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye", (1 Cor 15:52a KJV), and the likely context from which he speaks in that passage; and it is not what most "rapture" believers imagine it to be, though the outcome is indeed for the good and expected end for the people of Elohim who overcome, each in his or her own appointed times.

Exodus 33:5-6 KJV
5 For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment,
[H7281] and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments [H5716] from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.
6 And the children of Israel stripped themselves of their ornaments
[H5716] by [mem] the mount Horeb.

H7281 רֶגַע rega` (reh'-gah) adv.
a wink (of the eye), i.e. a very short space of time.
[from H7280]
KJV: instant, moment, space, suddenly.

Ref. #H5716 עֶ֫דִי (ad-ee') n.
From adah in the sense of trappings:
finery; generally an outfit; specifically, a headstall --

Shemot-Exodus 33:6 Hebrew OT: WLC (Consonants Only)
ויתנצלו בני־ישראל את־עדים מהר חורב׃
http://biblehub.com/text/exodus/33-6.htm

Exodus 33:6 Transliterated Hebrew
6 way·yiṯ·naṣ·ṣə·lū ḇə·nê- yiś·rā·’êl ’eṯ- ‘eḏ·yām
·har ḥō·w·rêḇ.
http://biblehub.com/interlinear/transliterated/exodus/33.htm

Exodus 33:6 Text Analysis
5337 [e] way-yiṯ-naṣ-ṣə-lū וַיִּֽתְנַצְּל֧וּ And stripped themselves
1121 [e] ḇə-nך- בְנֵֽי־ the children
3478 [e] yiœ-rā-’ךl יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל of Israel
0853 [e] ’eṯ- אֶת־ -
5716 [e] ‘eḏ-yām עֶדְיָ֖ם of their ornaments
2022 [e] mך-har מֵהַ֥ר from Mount
2722 [e] ḥō-w-rךḇ. חוֹרֵֽב׃ Horeb

Exodus 33:5-6 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
5 For the Lord said to the children of Israel, Ye are a stiff-necked people; take heed lest I bring on you another plague, and destroy you: now then put off your glorious apparel, and your ornaments, and I will shew thee what I will do to thee.
6 So the sons of Israel took off their ornaments and their array at the mount of Choreb.

Exodus 33:5-6 LXX-Septuagint
5 και ειπεν κυριος τοις υιοις ισραηλ υμεις λαος σκληροτραχηλος ορατε μη πληγην αλλην επαξω εγω εφ υμας και εξαναλωσω υμας νυν ουν αφελεσθε τας στολας των δοξων
[G1391] υμων και τον κοσμον [G2889] και δειξω σοι α ποιησω σοι
6 και περιειλαντο οι υιοι ισραηλ τον κοσμον
[G2889] αυτων και την περιστολην απο [G575] του ορους του χωρηβ

Ref. # G1391 δόξα doxa (do'-xa) n.
glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literal or figurative, objective or subjective).
[from the base of G1380]
KJV: dignity, glory(-ious), honour, praise, worship

Ref. # G2889 κόσμος kosmos (koz'-mos) n.
1. orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration.
2. (by implication) the world including its inhabitants.
{literally or figuratively (morally), by implication "world" in a wide or narrow sense}
[probably from the base of G2865]
KJV: adorning, world

Ref. # G575 ἀπό apo (a-po') prep.
1. off (from something else, in various senses of place, time, or relation).
2. from
3. (as a prefix) away (from something near).
4. by.

Exodus 33:5-6
5 For YHWH said unto Moshe, Say unto bnei Yisrael; You are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of you
in the wink of an eye and consume you! Now therefore put off the glorious world of your headgear from off you: For I know what I will do with you!
6 And bnei Yisrael stripped off their headgear from mount Horeb.

Mount Horeb = The Mountain of Elohim = Torah of Elohim = Torah of the Mind (Romans 7:25).

And now, O ye kings of the world, the Most High will remove the worldly covering roundabout your heads in that Great Day, from your own Mount Horeb of the mind; and He will lop off the bough of the Assyrian fig with terror, and the white heart mount Levanon shall fall by a Mighty One; and YHWH Elohim shall come, and all the holy ones with Him: for YHWH your Elohim is a consuming fire! YHWH Qanna! And who shall live when El does this, O ye kings? :chuckle:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Don't let the original languages and definitions distract from the outcome of the passage. I only quote all of this to show where Paul likely gets his reference, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye", (1 Cor 15:52a KJV), and the likely context from which he speaks in that passage; and it is not what most "rapture" believers imagine it to be, though the outcome is indeed for the good and expected end for the people of Elohim who overcome, each in his or her own appointed times.

5 For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment,
[H7281] and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments [H5716] from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

[from H7280]

Shemot-Exodus 33:6 Hebrew OT: WLC (Consonants Only)
ויתנצלו בני־ישראל את־עדים מהר חורב׃

Exodus 33:6 Transliterated Hebrew
6 way·yiṯ·naṣ·ṣə·lū ḇə·nê- yiś·rā·’êl ’eṯ- ‘eḏ·yām
·har ḥō·w·rêḇ.
http://biblehub.com/interlinear/transliterated/exodus/33.htm

Exodus 33:6 Text Analysis
5337 [e] way-yiṯ-naṣ-ṣə-lū וַיִּֽתְנַצְּל֧וּ And stripped themselves
1121 [e] ḇə-nך- בְנֵֽי־ the children
3478 [e] yiœ-rā-’ךl יִשְׂרָאֵ֛ל of Israel
0853 [e] ’eṯ- אֶת־ -
5716 [e] ‘eḏ-yām עֶדְיָ֖ם of their ornaments
2022 [e] mך-har מֵהַ֥ר from Mount
2722 [e] ḥō-w-rךḇ. חוֹרֵֽב׃ Horeb

Exodus 33:5-6 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
5 For the Lord said to the children of Israel, Ye are a stiff-necked people; take heed lest I bring on you another plague, and destroy you: now then put off your glorious apparel, and your ornaments, and I will shew thee what I will do to thee.
6 So the sons of Israel took off their ornaments and their array at the mount of Choreb.

Exodus 33:5-6 LXX-Septuagint
5 και ειπεν κυριος τοις υιοις ισραηλ υμεις λαος σκληροτραχηλος ορατε μη πληγην αλλην επαξω εγω εφ υμας και εξαναλωσω υμας νυν ουν αφελεσθε τας στολας των δοξων
[G1391] υμων και τον κοσμον [G2889] και δειξω σοι α ποιησω σοι
6 και περιειλαντο οι υιοι ισραηλ τον κοσμον
[G2889] αυτων και την περιστολην απο [G575] του ορους του χωρηβ

Ref. # G1391 δόξα doxa (do'-xa) n.
glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literal or figurative, objective or subjective).
[from the base of G1380]
KJV: dignity, glory(-ious), honour, praise, worship

Ref. # G2889 κόσμος kosmos (koz'-mos) n.
1. orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration.
2. (by implication) the world including its inhabitants.
{literally or figuratively (morally), by implication "world" in a wide or narrow sense}
[probably from the base of G2865]
KJV: adorning, world

Ref. # G575 ἀπό apo (a-po') prep.
1. off (from something else, in various senses of place, time, or relation).
2. from
3. (as a prefix) away (from something near).
4. by.

Exodus 33:5-6
5 For YHWH said unto Moshe, Say unto bnei Yisrael; You are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of you
in the wink of an eye and consume you! Now therefore put off the glorious world of your headgear from off you: For I know what I will do with you!
6 And bnei Yisrael stripped off their headgear from mount Horeb.

Mount Horeb = The Mountain of Elohim = Torah of Elohim = Torah of the Mind (Romans 7:25).

And now, O ye kings of the world, the Most High will remove the worldly covering roundabout your heads in that Great Day, from your own Mount Horeb of the mind; and He will lop off the bough of the Assyrian fig with terror, and the white heart mount Levanon shall fall by a Mighty One; and YHWH Elohim shall come, and all the holy ones with Him: for YHWH your Elohim is a consuming fire! YHWH Qanna! And who shall live when El does this, O ye kings? :chuckle:

Definitely not pre trib. :salute:

daqq

Definitely not pre trib. :salute:

LOL, Amen, definitely not pre-trib!

Acts 14:21-22 KJV
21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
LOL, Amen, definitely not pre-trib!

Acts 14:21-22 KJV
21 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

There was a time I thought I had climbed out of the pit.

But was still digging it, so to speak.

Sittin' up here on this rock I know better than to say I climbed up here myself.

Isaiah 24:18
Then it will be that he who flees the report of disaster will fall into the pit, And he who climbs out of the pit will be caught in the snare; For the windows above are opened, and the foundations of the earth shake.

daqq

There was a time I thought I had climbed out of the pit.

But was still digging it, so to speak.

Sittin' up here on this rock I know better than to say I climbed up here myself.

Isaiah 24:18
Then it will be that he who flees the report of disaster will fall into the pit, And he who climbs out of the pit will be caught in the snare; For the windows above are opened, and the foundations of the earth shake.

Amen again! No one will keep alive his own soul in that hour; he that seeks to save his own soul will lose it, (because he will end up bowing the knee to his own twin Baal to save his skin, [these are ancient things]).

Judges 5:12-21
12 Awake, awake, Deborah: awake, awake, utter a song: arise, Barak, and lead thy captivity captive, thou son of Abinoam.
13 Then he made him that remained have dominion over the nobles among the people: YHWH made me have dominion over the mighty.
14 Out of Ephraim there was a root of Amalek; after you, O Benjamin, among your people; out of Machir came down governors, and out of Zebulun they that handle the pen of the writer.
15 And the princes of Issachar were with Deborah; even Issachar, and also Barak: he was sent on foot into the valley. For the divisions of Reuben there were great thoughts of heart.
16 Why abode you among the sheepfolds, to hear the bleatings of the flocks? For the divisions of Reuben there were great searchings of heart.
17 Gilead abode beyond Yarden: and why did Dan remain in ships? Asher continued on the sea shore, and abode in his breaches.
18 Zebulun and Naphtali were a people that jeoparded their lives unto the death in the high places of the field
[Rev 12:11].
19 The kings came and fought, then fought the kings of Canaan in Taanach by the waters of Megiddo: they took no gain of money.
20 They fought from the heavens; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.
21 The river of Kishon swept them away, that ancient river, the river Kishon: O my soul, you have trodden down
`Oz [the fierce countenance, `Az paniym, Deut 28:50, Daniel 8:23, 2 Cor 12:1-4].

way 2 go

[from H7280]

:chuckle:

that is lot for "In a moment" explanation

yes The End will come "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye"

1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

beameup

Don't let the original languages and definitions distract from the outcome of the passage. I only quote all of this to show where Paul likely gets his reference, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye", (1 Cor 15:52a KJV)

Paul got all his revelations directly from the Risen Christ. No need to look farther.

K.I.S.S.

daqq

Paul got all his revelations directly from the Risen Christ. No need to look farther.

K.I.S.S.

You speak for Paul? I take Paul at his word, not your words exalted over what he actually writes:

Galatians 1:12 - αποκαλυψεως ιησου χριστου - αποκαλυψις ιησου χριστου - Revelation 1:1

Therefore according to Paul you are anathema because you preach something else.
And since you subvert Paul he will likewise be your accuser in the End. :)

beameup

You speak for Paul? I take Paul at his word, not your words exalted over what he actually writes:

Galatians 1:12 - αποκαλυψεως ιησου χριστου - αποκαλυψις ιησου χριστου - Revelation 1:1

Therefore according to Paul you are anathema because you preach something else.
And since you subvert Paul he will likewise be your accuser in the End. :)

How many times have you died and come back to life??? I forgot. :kookoo:

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he [Jesus] made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)- Ephesians 3:2-4 - Paul's word

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. - Galatians 1:12
You subvert the Holy Spirit inspired Scriptures penned by the Apostle Paul

Last edited: