User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021
Results 301 to 310 of 310

Thread: REPORT: The Death Penalty Debate - By Bob Enyart

  1. #301
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10846
    There is a part in this piece Link Removed that deals with practical problems to administering the death penalty. Basically, they are beside the point according to this article.
    Last edited by Sherman; March 30th, 2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Spamming the forum with this link
    From whence came hydrogen?

    "Not everyone who runs around in a red coat is a solider in King George’s army."

    Respect for God is the begining of wisdom and pride comes before a fall.

    "Let all the babies be born; then let us drown the ones we do not like" - G.K. Chesterton

  2. #302
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,833
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 9,967 Times in 6,976 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147815
    Quote Originally Posted by Husband&Father View Post
    There is a part in this piece Link Removed that deals with practical problems to administering the death penalty. Basically, they are beside the point according to this article.
    There can't possibly problems administering it. The only problem is those that bear false witness, like the liberals in law enforcement do. Of course, if America was just, they would not have attempted to stick it to those....fools who hired a stripper. Because that prosecutor and detective would be executed if America was just, and they know it.

    Administering it is easy. Cliff notes if you had something else in mind.
    Last edited by Sherman; March 30th, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  3. #303
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool trump committed treason-?

    Trump has committed “treason”
    Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the US, or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. Conviction requires two witnesses or a confession in open court.[2]
    Penalty: U.S. Code Title 18: Death,[8] or not less than 5 years' imprisonment and not more than life imprisonment without the possibility of parole (minimum fine of $10,000, if not sentenced to death). Any person convicted of treason against the United States will permanently lose the right to ever hold or run for public office anywhere in any capacity within the United States.[9][10]
    Constitutionally, citizens of the United States owe allegiance to at least two sovereigns. One is the United States, and the other is their state. They can therefore potentially commit treason against either, or against both.[4] At least fourteen people have been charged with treason against various states; at least six were convicted, five of whom were executed. Only one person has ever been executed for treason against the federal government: William Bruce Mumford, who was convicted of treason and hanged in 1862 for tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War.[5]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaso..._United_States

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesdyson For Your Post:

    Rusha (June 16th, 2019)

  5. #304
    TOL Subscriber Nang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    1,270
    Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,656 Posts

    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    279543
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdyson View Post
    Trump has committed “treason”
    Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the US, or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. Conviction requires two witnesses or a confession in open court.[2]
    Penalty: U.S. Code Title 18: Death,[8] or not less than 5 years' imprisonment and not more than life imprisonment without the possibility of parole (minimum fine of $10,000, if not sentenced to death). Any person convicted of treason against the United States will permanently lose the right to ever hold or run for public office anywhere in any capacity within the United States.[9][10]
    Constitutionally, citizens of the United States owe allegiance to at least two sovereigns. One is the United States, and the other is their state. They can therefore potentially commit treason against either, or against both.[4] At least fourteen people have been charged with treason against various states; at least six were convicted, five of whom were executed. Only one person has ever been executed for treason against the federal government: William Bruce Mumford, who was convicted of treason and hanged in 1862 for tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War.[5]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaso..._United_States
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

    " The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

    "If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

  6. #305
    TOL Subscriber Nang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    1,270
    Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,656 Posts

    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    279543
    Bah . . .
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

    " The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

    "If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

  7. #306
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    No one have rights to determine other people ‘s life,only evil country has death penalty

  8. #307
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    The death penalty has nothing to do with prevent crime,and can’t change the facts that have already happened,and can’t even punish people,of course they need money to survive,but they lose the most valuable thing freedom.

  9. #308
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,497
    Thanks
    35,489
    Thanked 8,918 Times in 5,739 Posts

    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147644
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefree View Post
    No one have rights to determine other people ‘s life,only evil country has death penalty
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefree View Post
    The death penalty has nothing to do with prevent crime,and can’t change the facts that have already happened,and can’t even punish people,of course they need money to survive,but they lose the most valuable thing freedom.
    Only evil countries?

    Doesn't deter crime?

    Wrong.

    Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. - Romans 13:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

    Now the man who acts presumptuously and will not heed the priest who stands to minister there before the Lord your God, or the judge, that man shall die. So you shall put away the evil from Israel.And all the people shall hear and fear, and no longer act presumptuously. - Deuteronomy 17:12-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3&version=NKJV
    So all Israel shall hear and fear, and not again do such wickedness as this among you. - Deuteronomy 13:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

    “You shall not murder.“You shall not commit adultery.“You shall not steal.“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Exodus 20:13-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV
    “He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death. - Exodus 21:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NKJV
    “He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death.“If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life,eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. - Exodus 21:12,22-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV (talking about the life of the baby, not the mother in this passage)

    Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

    A prison sentence cannot be executed speedily.
    The death penalty does deter crime.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Lighthouse (August 31st, 2019)

  11. #309
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,433
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 10,388 Times in 7,692 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147798
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefree View Post
    No one have rights to determine other people ‘s life,only evil country has death penalty
    If you try to kill me, I have the right to stop you, by killing you if necessary

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 18th, 2019),Lighthouse (August 31st, 2019)

  13. #310
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,433
    Thanks
    4,769
    Thanked 10,388 Times in 7,692 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147798
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefree View Post
    The death penalty has nothing to do with prevent crime...

    True or false: criminals who are executed will continue to commit crimes

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 18th, 2019),Lighthouse (August 31st, 2019),way 2 go (August 18th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us