BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77

PastorKevin said:
And to be fair to Red, it is the positions that he holds that has him so befuddled. Universalism cannot be defended Biblically with any intellectual honesty. It's just sad that so many are trapped in its mazes of confusing doctrines.

Befuddled? Oh please pastor..... :rolleyes: This is beneath you, there's no confusion in universal salvation, God accomplishes all that he sets out to do, what is "intellectually dishonest" is to claim on the one hand that you do believe that God can accomplish his will and still believe in eternal suffering - its a total paradox, God works things all things out within the counsel of his will - yes or no? God wills all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth - is that possible or not? For ET to be a reality God's will is thwarted......its straightforward simple logic.....!

logos_x

red77 said:
Befuddled? Oh please pastor..... :rolleyes: This is beneath you, there's no confusion in universal salvation, God accomplishes all that he sets out to do, what is "intellectually dishonest" is to claim on the one hand that you do believe that God can accomplish his will and still believe in eternal suffering - its a total paradox, God works things all things out within the counsel of his will - yes or no? God wills all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth - is that possible or not? For ET to be a reality God's will is thwarted......its straightforward simple logic.....!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to red77 again.

:thumb:

red77

Lighthouse said:
It's called the Lake of Fire. Of course it's fire. And I said it was possible that death was a living entity, not that i believed it for certain. You really are a moron, if you can't pay attention to little details like that.

Right.....I mean there's no symbolism in Revelation is there? It doesnt sound as though you're particularly certain about anything....

What do I supposedly think he's wrong about? Huh? What's more just? If that's the issue, then I'll repeat myself [since you don't seem to have gotten it]: I could be wrong. There. Is that clear enough for you?

It was a simple question, merely asking you why you think your position is more just than ET,

OK

I was thinking about this last night, and I finally realized what the answer is. They may admit He exists when faced with the truth of it, but that doesn't mean a thing. They won't be sorry about their rejection of Him. Not truly anyway. In other words, they will still be unrepentant. And they will not be willing to accept Christ, not in any real sense. They may say they will, just because they see that it's true, but it won't be for any other reason. Just like Satan and the angels who fell with him, they will believe, and tremble. But nothing more.

You dont know that they wont be sorry or repentant, this is just your own supposition

Well, maybe you should read your Bible more closely. I told you where to find it. I accidentally quoted the NIV, because the website I used changed back to it, and I hadn't realized until after I submitted my post.

"Jesus said to him, [Jesus]'Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'[/Jesus]" [NKJV]

Er......all I said was that Thomas wasnt told to depart, he wasnt kicked out of the discipleship for needing proof so my point still stands,

What about it? Just because they cry out to Him doesn't mean they are saved. At that point it's too late.

Does it sound like they're "crying out"? It sounds more like praise to me!

red77

stipe said:
I concur. Do the word count test. Ask everyone a simple questions and see how wordy the response is. The more words - the less convincing. Red is about as convincing as a mosquito net made from chicken wire.

Stipe- I tried to answer your questions as honestly as I could, some questions just cant be answered with a single sentence and I made a point of trying to put effort into my replies and address your points, i know that to be the truth no matter what you may think of me.....

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shut up Red ... you've lost. It's been 26 pages and you haven't got a straight answer for anything. Just shut the hell up.

Or better yet, repent.

red77

stipe said:
Shut up Red ... you've lost. It's been 26 pages and you haven't got a straight answer for anything. Just shut the hell up.

Or better yet, repent.

I repent ongoingly........I answered you straight Stipe - you just dont like the answers, believe as you will.....

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stop doing stupid things and thus you can stop repenting. How many times did Jesus die for you? Every day? Snap out of it son, then perhaps you can help save a few others from the hell you don't want to exist because you're headed there...

Kimberlyann

Every ones Fruit is showing......

The tree is known by its fruit.

Ga 5:22 -
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Evee

stipe said:

Or better yet, repent.
I think you may loose your credibility talking to a brother as such.
Just because he may not believe in an everlasting hell does this make him any less?
He is still your brother in Christ.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evee said:
I think you may loose your credibility talking to a brother as such.
Just because he may not believe in an everlasting hell does this make him any less?
He is still your brother in Christ.
No, it makes those who tell him off less and those who might be otherwise blessed less. Why do we have to waste our time on someone who claims to be one of us while millions are on the outside without anyone telling them the door is open...

PKevman

Stipe does bring up a good point in that there are people all around us who are dying and headed to hell and don't know Christ as Savior.

That is the main reason I wanted to do the Battle Royale in the first place. This thread was really intended to be about discussing the Battle Royale and has gotten off track. We all know the topic of the Lake of Fire is a very important one, and it is also one that brings up emotional responses on all sides.
I will only say again that we cannot allow emotions to dictate doctrine, we must allow the Word of God to be the final authority and not what WE think or FEEL.

God bless everyone who has read this Battle Royale!

logos_x

PastorKevin said:
Stipe does bring up a good point in that there are people all around us who are dying and headed to hell and don't know Christ as Savior.

That is the main reason I wanted to do the Battle Royale in the first place. This thread was really intended to be about discussing the Battle Royale and has gotten off track. We all know the topic of the Lake of Fire is a very important one, and it is also one that brings up emotional responses on all sides.
I will only say again that we cannot allow emotions to dictate doctrine, we must allow the Word of God to be the final authority and not what WE think or FEEL.

Kevin and I are in complete agreement here.

Ecumenicist

2 Cor 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

PKevman

Dave Miller said:
2 Cor 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

The message of reconiliation is that man can be made right with God through a relationship with Jesus Christ. Only those who are in Christ are reconciled.

logos_x

PastorKevin said:
The message of reconiliation is that man can be made right with God through a relationship with Jesus Christ. Only those who are in Christ are reconciled.

We are also in complete agreement here.

:thumb:

red77

stipe said:
No, it makes those who tell him off less and those who might be otherwise blessed less. Why do we have to waste our time on someone who claims to be one of us while millions are on the outside without anyone telling them the door is open...

Hey Stipe, I'm going to be honest with you, I'm sick of your garbage, you said one of the most unchristian things that you could have said to anybody in regards to the rape of my sister - you know what that was.....since then I've still tried to be civil with you and have TWICE asked that we could have had some sort of truce, when you started asking me questions here I have tried to be as honest and as genuine as I could with you - but enoughs enough, you talk to me about repentance? You didnt even have the decency to apologise for that gutless remark you made about my sister and did YOU repent for that? I hope so.........unless you can act like a grown up - which i actually thought you WERE doing initially on this thread - then do us both a favour and put me back on your ignore list......

red77

PastorKevin said:

Fine - its obviously going to bring up emotional responses, but I'm going to say this to you again pastor, how can you claim that God can achieve his own will - COMPLETELY - and still believe in eternal sufering?
God works all things out within the counsel of his will - yes or no? God wills all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth - possible or not for God? With man this is impossible - with God ALL kinds of things are possible - in direct context to the disciples shocked question regarding who could be saved......... Your doctrine says that God cannot achieve his will......

Status
Not open for further replies.