ARCHIVE: The Apostle Pauls affirms that a Christian can sin.

Newman

Sozo said:
Did you read my commentary I linked on Galatians 5?

It is true that the things that the Law proved as sin, are the same deeds that Paul instructs us not to participate in throughtout the NT. There is no more sacrifice for sin. Not shed blood, and not confession.
yes, i did. and i liked it

my favorite part was the "The flesh, under the demands of the Law, can only produce sin and death!"

no wait, i like "The flesh wants to be justified by the Law, and the Spirit through the promise by faith.
They are opposed to each other. You cannot walk in the Spirit and yet try and be justified through keeping the Law. (Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?)."

that was good stuff

Newman

Sozo said:
It is true that the things that the Law proved as sin, are the same deeds that Paul instructs us not to participate in throughtout the NT. There is no more sacrifice for sin. Not shed blood, and not confession.

This is why I despise just about everything Pat Robertson says. God punishing people on earth for their sins? :bang: IT FRIGGIN' NEGATES JESUS' DEATH AND RESURRECTION!

elected4ever

jrnewma1 said:
And what of blasphemy?

And what of the people that lived and died before Christ took away our sin?

Nicely put.
Blasphemy is the sin of unbelief. In other words you do not believe Jesus is who he is. That is the sin unto death. If you do not believe that Jesus is who God said He was and if you believe that the things that He did was just a hoax, and He was lying in all He said. That is not blasphemy against the children of God. That is blasphemy against God and of Christ. That is the sin of unbelief. The witness of the Holy Spirit is of Christ Jesus. The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the rejection of Christ Jesus and for that there is no forgiveness.

Jesus died for all sin from the time of Adam to the present day and also for all who come after us.

One last thought. If a person does not believe in Christ and repents and believes before his physical death. He will receive new life in Christ. The Apostle Paul killed Christians but he repented and was used mightily by the Lord. Today is the day and now is the time to come to repentance for you know not what the morrow may bring.

Sozo

jrnewma1 said:
This is why I despise just about everything Pat Robertson says. God punishing people on earth for their sins? :bang: IT FRIGGIN' NEGATES JESUS' DEATH AND RESURRECTION!

Exactly!

Hey Pat...

If God is going to punish people for their behavior, then what do you expect will be your punishment.

Newman

elected4ever said:
Blasphemy is the sin of unbelief. In other words you do not believe Jesus is who he is. That is the sin unto death. If you do not believe that Jesus is who God said He was and if you believe that the things that He did was just a hoax, and He was lying in all He said. That is not blasphemy against the children of God. That is blasphemy against God and of Christ. That is the sin of unbelief. The witness of the Holy Spirit is of Christ Jesus. The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the rejection of Christ Jesus and for that there is no forgiveness.

Jesus died for all sin from the time of Adam to the present day and also for all who come after us.

One last thought. If a person does not believe in Christ and repents and believes before his physical death. He will receive new life in Christ. The Apostle Paul killed Christians but he repented and was used mightily by the Lord. Today is the day and now is the time to come to repentance for you know not what the morrow may bring.
Beautiful, except, how could someone before Christ believe in him? You said before that that was the only way to be saved. (Believing in the resurrected Christ).

Yay! my 100th post

elected4ever

jrnewma1 said:
I would like to ask him, "What sin does God remember to punish you for?" God says, "I will remember them no more".

Last edited:

Newman

elected4ever said:
I would like to ask him , "What sin does God remember to punish you for? God says, "I will remember them no more".
wait, what? im confused because of your punctuation... who says what in what you just said?

Newman

:help: im still confused

how is that an excellent point?

do you need a cough drop, Knight?

what doesn't say that, Sozo?

:cry:

elected4ever

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Why do I get the feeling that someone is fixing to tell us how they know more about how to translate the New Testament than the KJV boys did?

Sozo

It's about the new covenant.

I am really amazed how little people know about the bible, and how much they know about their theological affiliations.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Sozo said:
It's about the new covenant.

I am really amazed how little people know about the bible, and how much they know about their theological affiliations.
Are you saying that the passage is referring to the sins of the nation of Israel and not the sins of individual believers?

You might actually be able to make an argument for that and I'm not sure that I would disagree with it.

I'm just happy that I was wrong about the mistranslation argument that I was certain was coming. :thumb:

Resting in Him,
Clete

Sozo

Clete said:
I'm just happy that I was wrong about the mistranslation argument that I was certain was coming. :thumb:
Are you saying that none of the current translations are in error? The NIV for example?

elected4ever

Hebrews 10:1 ¶For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 ¶Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
Hebrews 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19 ¶Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Newman

Sozo said:
Are you saying that none of the current translations are in error? The NIV for example?
i don't understand what this has anything to do with the different translations or versions of the bible...

:doh: i feel kind of stupid right now... :confused: