If the Book of Leviticus has no relationship to believers why does Paul keep forbiddi

Drake Shelton

If the Book of Leviticus has no relationship to believers why does Paul keep forbidding uncleanness?

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G167&t=KJV

2 Cor 12:21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness G167 and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, G167 lasciviousness,

Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness G167 with greediness.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, G167 or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, G167 inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

1 Thess 2:3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, G167 nor in guile:

1 Thess 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, G167 but unto holiness.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If the Book of Leviticus has no relationship to believers why does Paul keep forbidding uncleanness?

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G167&t=KJV

2 Cor 12:21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness G167 and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, G167 lasciviousness,

Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness G167 with greediness.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, G167 or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, G167 inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

1 Thess 2:3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, G167 nor in guile:

1 Thess 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, G167 but unto holiness.

Spiritual discernment - Paul never says they are requirements to salvation; simply clean and righteous living -

Job 6:30 KJV - Hosea 14:9 KJV - Leviticus 10:10 KJV - :D

Drake Shelton

Spiritual discernment - Paul never says they are requirements to salvation; simply clean and righteous living -

Job 6:30 KJV - Hosea 14:9 KJV - Leviticus 10:10 KJV - :D

Hold on, so you are saying that the Torah is the rule of right living, but not of atonement for sin?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul wrote letters to various congregations but in his day there was no NT. Paul taught from the Hebrew scriptures.

So when they had appointed him a day, many came to him at his lodging to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening.
(Acts 28:23 NKJV)​

RBBI

A better question might be if the Torah has no relationship to believers why do the curses listed in Deut. 28 land on the gentiles proclaiming they're not under the law?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hold on, so you are saying that the Torah is the rule of right living, but not of atonement for sin?

the blood of Christ is the atonement. atonement for Israel has nothing to do with me -

Colossians 1:12-13 KJV and 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 KJV -

Colossians 1:20-21 KJV and 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 KJV -

1 John 2:2 NIV - 1 John 2:2 KJV - Romans 3:25 NIV - Romans 3:25 KJV

Drake Shelton

the blood of Christ is the atonement. atonement for Israel has nothing to do with me -

Colossians 1:12-13 KJV and 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 KJV -

Colossians 1:20-21 KJV and 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 KJV -

1 John 2:2 NIV - 1 John 2:2 KJV - Romans 3:25 NIV - Romans 3:25 KJV

You didn't answer either question I asked.

themuzicman

1 Cor 12:21 I fear that when I come again my God may humble me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and sensuality that they have practiced.

Gal 5: 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy,[d] drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 4: 18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. 19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity.

Eph 5:3 But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.

Col 3:5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

1 Thess 2:3 For our appeal does not spring from error or impurity or any attempt to deceive, 4 but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

1 Thess 4:3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each one of you know how to control his own body[c] in holiness and honor, 5 not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. 7 For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. 8 Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.

Almost all of these refer to sexual impurity. They are not associated with Leviticus.