What will they come up with next?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
News of the day from the Irish Examiner - I did not make this up folks!

"Climate change helped in the design of dogs, forging man’s best friend from a creature that was more like a cat, scientists have learned.
Ancestors of dogs living in north America 40 million years ago resembled small mongooses and, like cats, were ambush predators.
A few million years later the thick forests that once covered the continent began to give way to grassland as conditions became cooler and drier.
The change led to a transformation in dogs, turning them into animals that no longer surprised their prey but chased them down.

Their evolutionary transition was tracked by scientists who examined the elbows and teeth of 32 species of dog that lived from 40 million to two million years ago."

So.... If you infer a condition from an assumption you can then use guesswork to confirm your supposition.

Yep - that sounds like modern science to me. It must be true, after all, the Irish examined it.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

"Climate change helped in the design of dogs, forging man’s best friend from a creature that was more like a cat, scientists have learned.
Ancestors of dogs living in north America 40 million years ago resembled small mongooses and, like cats, were ambush predators.
A few million years later the thick forests that once covered the continent began to give way to grassland as conditions became cooler and drier.
The change led to a transformation in dogs, turning them into animals that no longer surprised their prey but chased them down.

Their evolutionary transition was tracked by scientists who examined the elbows and teeth of 32 species of dog that lived from 40 million to two million years ago."

Yep - that sounds like modern science to me. It must be true, after all, the Irish examined it.

There is literally nothing wrong with what they said. Not....a.....thing

So.... If you infer a condition from an assumption you can then use guesswork to confirm your supposition.[/B]
Our entire religion relies upon assumptions without much concrete evidence for support. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

TracerBullet

So.... If you infer a condition from an assumption you can then use guesswork to confirm your supposition.

sounds more like sloppy journalism to me.

I can tell that you didn't bother to go read the actual study.

The paper doesn't mention dogs at all mostly because dogs evolved from an Asiatic wolf species not a north american wolf species.