More liberal censorship

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Pro-Life Student Sues Las Vegas High School for Denying Right to Form Pro-Life Group

Today Thomas More Society attorneys filed a lawsuit against West Career and Technical Academy and the Clark County School District on behalf of a student who was denied the right to start a pro-life club. The lawsuit asserts that school administrators violated student Angelique Clark’s free speech rights by denying her application to form a Students for Life group at the Las Vegas high school.

“When I first applied to form a pro-life club, I never imagined I would have to sue my school to be able to exercise my free speech rights,” said Angelique Clark, a junior at the academy.

To read the rest of the article click HERE.

Jose Fly

First of all, how do you know this is a case of "liberals" doing anything? According to the news articles, the school has a student-run Christian club, so apparently it's not the religious aspect that is the problem. The vice-principal said the proposed club would be "too controversial" when he denied the request.

So the real question is, does the school have to grant every single request for a student club? Or does the school have the right to use their discretion and decide what sort of clubs they do and don't want?

From what I can tell, there is no pro-choice club at the school, or anything like it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
First of all, how do you know this is a case of "liberals" doing anything? According to the news articles, the school has a student-run Christian club, so apparently it's not the religious aspect that is the problem. The vice-principal said the proposed club would be "too controversial" when he denied the request.

So the real question is, does the school have to grant every single request for a student club? Or does the school have the right to use their discretion and decide what sort of clubs they do and don't want?

From what I can tell, there is no pro-choice club at the school, or anything like it.
The VP is a government employee. Of course he's liberal.