Christian preachers attacked with cleansing agent while police 'protected' assailant

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Christian preachers attacked with cleansing agent while police 'protected' assailant

Christian preachers were attacked outside a Planned Parenthood clinic in Oregon with a cleansing agent on Wednesday, while a police officer protected the assailant.

Around 20 Christians were preaching the Gospel outside the Planned Parenthood clinic in Portland when a man began shouting and sprinkling them with dousing powder. An officer from the Portland Police Department, who was on duty at that time, did not do anything to stop the man, according to Christian Today (CT).

The assailant, who had reportedly brought a woman to the clinic, disrupted the group of Christians in the middle of their activity by dousing them with a large canister of Comet scouring powder.

Pastor Chuck O'Neal recounted how the man first doused a woman from head to foot with the scouring powder while telling her that she was a "scum." O'Neal tried to reason with the attacker, but he got doused with the Comet powder, too.

"I approached the man, and he proceeded to douse me with the Comet as well, getting it in my eyes and on my clothes," CT quotes Pastor O'Neal. "I was warning him that this was assault ... and calling upon him to stop and to repent and turn to Christ."

Police officer Gene Gillock was on duty at that time. Former Los Angeles county deputy sheriff Tony Miano asked Gillock for help in arresting the attacker, but the cop told them to stay back and let him be. Miano also said the officer did not even stop to check if any of the victims needed help, the Christian News Network reports.

A total of six Christians were assaulted and some of them complained of burning pain in their eyes. The group had to call 911 themselves to give their statements to the police, the report relays.

The former sheriff, who accused the officer of improper conduct, said the victims were "peacefully exercising" their religious beliefs and right to free speech. The cop should have prevented the assailant from attacking more people and investigated the matter thoroughly, Miano added.

Meanwhile, the Portland Police Department said no charges will be pressed against the man since the incident was considered a "private criminal complaint."

Wow, if this happened in reverse (say one calling themselves a christian, throwing cleaning agents (comet) on women and calling them scum to be cleaned up -entering the abortion clinic, it would be on the news 24/7 and people would be demanding they be jailed and held accountable.

As over 20 Christians stood on the public sidewalk to proclaim the word of God and the gospel of Jesus Christ through preaching and the holding of signs, a man who is believed to have brought a woman to the facility began yelling at the Christians and then blanketed half of dozen of them with scouring powder.

“Somewhere he got ahold of a very large canister of Comet and then he came around the building and went to one of our ladies and pronounced her ‘scum’ and doused her with this can of Comet head to toe,” O’Neal told Christian News Network. “He continued down the line … and he said, ‘And you, and you, and you ,’ pronouncing them all scum and shaking out Comet on each one.”
- See more at: http://christiannews.net/2015/08/13...egon-planned-parenthood/#sthash.RkUMnLY3.dpuf

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Wow, if this happened in reverse (say one calling themselves a christian, throwing cleaning agents (comet) on women and calling them scum to be cleaned up -entering the abortion clinic, it would be on the news 24/7 and people would be demanding they be jailed and held accountable.

- See more at: http://christiannews.net/2015/08/13...egon-planned-parenthood/#sthash.RkUMnLY3.dpuf

that is assault by throwing or putting a substance on someone physically
it makes no sense if they were only preaching

but i have used 409 and Fantastik, Pine Sol too, as cologne/deodorant

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yeah, especially in a liberal state like Oregon. Sadly, this kind of persecution will continue as the day of the Lord draws near.

Yes, Oregon, the "kill me' state. They once were against people from California moving there, and now they are made up of many old liberal Californians :doh: What a place, cold and dreary, and chuck full of old California hippies. :kookoo:

glorydaz

Yes, Oregon, the "kill me' state. They once were against people from California moving there, and now they are made up of many old liberal Californians :doh: What a place, cold and dreary, and chuck full of old California hippies. :kookoo:

Haha...well I'll agree about the liberals, but I love the rain...I love the trees and the lakes and the rivers. I just stay away from the cities (Portland and Eugene) as much as I can. I have lived here most of my life, and we have ocean, mountains, forests and high desert. I love it. Now, if you can stand the liberal tree huggers you should come for a visit. ;)

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This is because police are hired to protect the status quo. The powers have reversed.

A while ago, TomO mentioned that a lot of things originally meant to keep people down started being applied equally to everyone, and conservatives don't like it. Too late, I suppose, but it's wrong no matter who's being abused.

Christian Liberty

A while ago, TomO mentioned that a lot of things originally meant to keep people down started being applied equally to everyone, and conservatives don't like it. Too late, I suppose, but it's wrong no matter who's being abused.

Time for conservatives to wake up and realize police aren't their friends. The police represent whoever is in power. Until the "religious right" gains enough basic intelligence to figure it out they don't have a chance.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I'm very doubtful of the veracity of this story . Pro-choicers are NOT violent people, and violence by pthyem is extremely rare and in no way typical of them as a whole.
On the other hand, violence by anti-choicers at clinics is VERY common . They routinely harass, spit on, scream at and physically assault women entering clinics, even ones NOT seeking an abortion, just going for medical care , getting medicine etc .
Doctors who perform abortion are routinely attacked, harassed and threatened, and even murdered . Pro-choicers NEVER do things like this . No pro-choicer has ever tried to bomb an anti-choice organization or murder those who work for them .
Yet anti-choicers are determined to allow NECESSARY limits of space for anti-choice protesters to be removed by the governmkent .
People have the right to protest at women's health care clinics, but NO RIGHT to harass or interfere with anyoen who goes into them . Many have tried to physically block women from enterign them, which is not only immoral but illegal. NO ONE has the right to block another person from entering a public building .
Protesters must keep their distance , be quiet and not cause a public disturbance or be a public nuisance . If they do, they desevred to be arrested , criminally prosecuted and put in jail .
Anti-choice protesters should spend their time doing smething constructive instead of tormenting women doing something which is RIGHTLY legal . These women have a right to defend themselves .

PureX

I'm very doubtful of the veracity of this story . Pro-choicers are NOT violent people, and violence by pthyem is extremely rare and in no way typical of them as a whole.
On the other hand, violence by anti-choicers at clinics is VERY common . They routinely harass, spit on, scream at and physically assault women entering clinics, even ones NOT seeking an abortion, just going for medical care , getting medicine etc .
Doctors who perform abortion are routinely attacked, harassed and threatened, and even murdered . Pro-choicers NEVER do things like this . No pro-choicer has ever tried to bomb an anti-choice organization or murder those who work for them .
Yet anti-choicers are determined to allow NECESSARY limits of space for anti-choice protesters to be removed by the governmkent .
People have the right to protest at women's health care clinics, but NO RIGHT to harass or interfere with anyoen who goes into them . Many have tried to physically block women from enterign them, which is not only immoral but illegal. NO ONE has the right to block another person from entering a public building .
Protesters must keep their distance , be quiet and not cause a public disturbance or be a public nuisance . If they do, they desevred to be arrested , criminally prosecuted and put in jail .
Anti-choice protesters should spend their time doing smething constructive instead of tormenting women doing something which is RIGHTLY legal . These women have a right to defend themselves .
As usual, it's a very biased and incomplete story from a biased source.

The man supposedly dropped a woman off. I wonder how she was treated by the protestors, and how that may have effected the man's behavior toward them.

And where did this can of cleanser comes from? No one just walks around with cleanser in their pocket. So, something must have happened to cause this man to bring it with him (if he did bring it with him), or to take it from the clinic, if that's where it came from.

And why would the cop ignore this "assault"?

As usual, this isn't a news report, it's just more hyperbolic misreporting intended to stir up bias on both sides, just to get attention. And once again, it shows up on TOL accompanied by lots of trumped-up 'outrage'.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

You must realize that Oregon's Governor is a bisexual by the name of Kate Brown who is protecting the baby murderers and sodomites who put her in public office.

0.jpg

PureX

You must realize that Oregon's Governor is a bisexual by the name of Kate Brown who is protecting the baby murderers and sodomites who put her in public office.
I predict every politician in America will be bisexual within the new three election cycles. :chuckle: That's politics for ya.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I predict every politician in America will be bisexual within the new three election cycles. :chuckle: That's politics for ya.

I guess you didn't get the memo PureX: We're voting out the baby murdering/sodomite regime in the next Presidential election and your movement is going to be flushed down the proverbial toilet where it belongs.

PureX

I guess you didn't get the memo PureX: We're voting out the baby murdering/sodomite regime in the next Presidential election and your movement is going to be flushed down the proverbial toilet where it belongs.
Good luck with that plan. I don't think Trump is gonna do it for you.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Anti-abortion extremists have murdered a number of doctors who perform abortions over the years . Tell me, how many prominent anti-abortion leaders have been murdered by pro-choicers ?
NONE . How many pro-choicers have bombed the offices of anti-abortion organizations or those phony "crisis pregnancy centers "? NONE .

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Anti-abortion extremists have murdered a number of doctors who perform abortions over the years . Tell me, how many prominent anti-abortion leaders have been murdered by pro-choicers ?
NONE . How many pro-choicers have bombed the offices of anti-abortion organizations or those phony "crisis pregnancy centers "? NONE .

Was it a crime? yes, is whats described in the op a crime, yes, since you are comparing them, should the one who murdered a doctor be ignored by the police?