Do you want prostitution legalized?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[World's biggest human rights group wants to legalize prostitution by Corinne Purtill GlobalPost London] "The world’s biggest human rights organization voted Tuesday to support the decriminalization of prostitution worldwide.

Amnesty International now joins the United Nations, Human Rights Watch, the World Health Organization and other global groups that argue the best way to protect the safety of people who sell sex is to legalize the industry..." Full text: World's biggest human rights group wants to legalize prostitution Lev 19:29, 21:9

Daniel1611

The prostitution law boggles the mind. If the girl has sex with 100 guys a day for free, it's perfectly legal. If she charges, they all go to jail. There is no way to make sense of this.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
protect the safety of people who sell sex
What the hell has gotten into folks?

Let's just let everything be legal so no one will feel any shame at all for their immorality.
I mean, you know, we certainly don't want to offend anyone by saying their actions are shameful.
Give everybody a blue ribbon and tell them they are all winners just the way they are.
highfive.gif

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The British police has always argued against legalizing prostitution...they do not aggressively pursue prostitution but while it is illegal they know where it is, who they are and what they are doing. In other words it is under control.

If it is legalized it is all over the place...next door to YOU. Schoolgirls will be selling themselves outside the school gates.

C'mon prostitution is the most controlled profession there is, controlled by vice rings. Haven't you ever asked prostitutes about the people who control them.

Daniel1611

What the hell has gotten into folks?

Let's just let everything be legal so no one will feel any shame at all for their immorality.
I mean, you know, we certainly don't want to offend anyone by saying their actions are shameful.
Give everybody a blue ribbon and tell them they are all winners just the way they are.
highfive.gif

Let's either have a Biblical government or an extremely limited one. The satan worshippers, adulterers and homos running the country and voting don't want a biblical government. If we dont have a biblical government, their power should be extremely limited.

I LOL at the government having any moral ground to stand on. They murder babies, murder people in other countries, promote sodomy, steel, kidnap and worship the devil. They have no right to dictate morality to anyone.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, if it is legalized and taxed, it can also be regulated, safer.

While it would be something I would advise against, I have to agree, as long as there was an age restriction for anyone under the age of 18.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No, why legalize immorality? It's encouraging it.
I don't think legalization necessarily means encouragement. Sometimes you just let people make their own decisions. :idunno:

On topic, the health of the 'worker' isn't a very convincing argument to me. It reminds me of the argument some pro-choice people make about back-alley abortions. That's really not the primary issue. A secondary one, ok, but not primary.

I go back and forth on this issue but no I don't think I'd legalize prostitution. However, I can certainly see the point in what Daniel said about taking someone who is probably in a bad situation and potentially making it worse. The penalties against those who buy sex should probably be worse than for those who are selling it. A prostitute might be doing it to feed her kids. You can't say anything like that for the guy buying it. She can't make money herself, the guy on the other hand....:plain:

Mocking You

The prostitution law boggles the mind. If the girl has sex with 100 guys a day for free, it's perfectly legal. If she charges, they all go to jail. There is no way to make sense of this.

It has to do with exploitation, violence, and domination of women, not the sex act.

Mocking You

The penalties against those who buy sex should probably be worse than for those who are selling it. A prostitute might be doing it to feed her kids. You can't say anything like that for the guy buying it. She can't make money herself, the guy on the other hand....:plain:

Prosecuting and/or publishing the names of the johns is something I could endorse as a means to control the problem.

PureX

Prostitution is both dangerous and abusive. I do not believe it should be legalized.