The LAW was our schoolmaster

beameup

Speaking of absurd: if anybody created a new God, it was not the Jews. The most we did was develop some additional traditions and customes. Christians developed a new man-god.

The Jews totally failed at being a "light unto the Gentiles" with their endless Talmudic "traditions of men". They made it so difficult for any Gentile that it reached a point of ridiculousness to even consider "the God of Israel". Whether you believe that God had to "intervene" to clear his name from derision (profaned) among the Gentiles, and reveal His true self, is your choice. I can show you the verses in the Tanakh that clearly show this.

chair

The Jews totally failed at being a "light unto the Gentiles" with their endless Talmudic "traditions of men". They made it so difficult for any Gentile that it reached a point of ridiculousness to even consider "the God of Israel". Whether you believe that God had to "intervene" to clear his name from derision (profaned) among the Gentiles, and reveal His true self, is your choice. I can show you the verses in the Tanakh that clearly show this.

The Tanakh doesn't have a trinity or a man-god. God did not reveal his "true self" as a trinity or man-god.
Now you will find some obscure verses in the Tanakh that you will interpret to "prove" your claims.

Don't bother.

beameup

The Tanakh doesn't have a trinity or a man-god. God did not reveal his "true self" as a trinity or man-god.
Now you will find some obscure verses in the Tanakh that you will interpret to "prove" your claims.

Don't bother.

I'm pointing out that you were/are a total failure to be a "light unto the Gentiles", and the scriptures showing that you have made your God a laughing-stock among the Gentiles.
I won't bother to point-out the many passages showing the "patriarchs" and "fathers" and others worshipping a being that, for all intents and purposes, is a man.
The "god" of the ultra orthodox appears to "outsiders" as a "prankster" and very distant, aloof, and unapproachable, with TONS of rules.
But, if it makes you feel better to think that as long as one Jew is alive, the world will continue to exist, then so be it.

Epoisses

Paul had to deal with the "Law Question" because most early Christians were Jews. It was never relevant to Gentiles, and I do not understand why people here keep going on about it.

Because the Judaizers of Paul's day were telling the Gentiles they had to believe in Jesus and keep the law just like the Judaizers of our day say the same thing. Law and Grace are non-compatible.

chair

Because the Judaizers of Paul's day were telling the Gentiles they had to believe in Jesus and keep the law just like the Judaizers of our day say the same thing. Law and Grace are non-compatible.

If this is an internal Christian thing- then leave us out of it.