ECT Acts 13-The bible is a book of details

Danoh

Once again, she satanically asserts, on record, that her saint Judas preached the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Can you imagine GT trying to solve for how Judas was not able to saved under the gospel of the kingdom he had preached, and yet, his same kind of heretic, Saul/Paul, was able to be saved, but not by that gospel of the kingdom...

Lol - she'd probably wear out her carpet and step all over her cats, and then some, trying to solve for this - lol

God's Truth

Once again, she satanically asserts, on record, that her saint Judas preached the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Judas did preach the good news gospel.

Mark 6:7 And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits.

God's Truth

You are correct.. it was just presented to the Gentiles in a different manner so they could understand it.

I am glad that you can agree with me about something and so say.

I don't think though that it was presented to the Gentiles in a different manner.

How do you think it was explained differently?

God's Truth

Can you imagine GT trying to solve for how Judas was not able to saved under the gospel of the kingdom he had preached, and yet, his same kind of heretic, Saul/Paul, was able to be saved, but not by that gospel of the kingdom...

Lol - she'd probably wear out her carpet and step all over her cats, and then some, trying to solve for this - lol

We have to have faith that we are forgiven. Judas could not believe that he would ever be forgiven.

HisServant

I am glad that you can agree with me about something and so say.

I don't think though that it was presented to the Gentiles in a different manner.

How do you think it was explained differently?

To the Jews it was preached as the fulfillment of the Old Testament Covenant and that they were now free from it which is something that Gentiles would not understand.

To Gentiles who do not have the baggage associated with the Old Covenant it was preached simply as a forgiveness of sins through repentance and belief in Jesus.

God's Truth

To the Jews it was preached as the fulfillment of the Old Testament Covenant and that they were now free from it which is something that Gentiles would not understand.

To Gentiles who do not have the baggage associated with the Old Covenant it was preached simply as a forgiveness of sins through repentance and belief in Jesus.

I definitely see what you are saying; however, the scriptures tell us that the Gentiles knew what the Jews believed; and, the scriptures show Paul explaining the old law to the Gentiles many times, in different letters.

About the Gentiles...

Acts 15:20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21"For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

To the Gentiles...

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

HisServant

I definitely see what you are saying; however, the scriptures tell us that the Gentiles knew what the Jews believed; and, the scriptures show Paul explaining the old law to the Gentiles many times, in different letters.

About the Gentiles...

Acts 15:20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21"For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

To the Gentiles...

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

There is a big difference between knowing the customs of a people and knowing their beliefs.

john w

Hall of Fame
Judas did preach the good news gospel.

Mark 6:7 And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits.

You: one gospel....same gospel....they, the 12, Paul, all preached the same good news.................

Judas did preach the good news gospel.-you

The 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news

Death
Burial
Resurrection

You assert that your saint Judas preached this :"Christ is going to die for our sins...be buried....raised again for our justification....Believe this good news to be saved!!!!!!!"

Satanic-made up. The 12 had no clue re. the dbr, while they were preaching the good news of the kingdom. Your father the devil, and his minions/demons, did not even know.

Luke 18 KJV

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken

They, including Judas, weren't preaching the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and yet, for 3 years, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom."

You satanic poser.

God's Truth

You: one gospel....same gospel....they, the 12, Paul, all preached the same good news.................

Death
Burial
Resurrection

You assert that your saint Judas preached this :"Christ is going to die for our sins...be buried....raised again for our justification....Believe this good news to be saved!!!!!!!"

Satanic-made up. The 12 had no clue re. the dbr, while they were preaching the good news of the kingdom. Your father the devil, and his minions/demons, did not even know.

Luke 18 KJV

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken

They, including Judas, weren't preaching the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and yet, for 3 years, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom."

You satanic poser.

Jesus taught all the guidelines and rules for the new law, the new covenant. When Jesus died, he was the Sacrificial Lamb of God, and his blood shed on the cross was the blood of the new covenant.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus taught all the guidelines and rules for the new law, the new covenant. When Jesus died, he was the Sacrificial Lamb of God, and his blood shed on the cross was the blood of the new covenant.

The above is quite irrelevant to your "argument," poser.The 12 had no clue re. the dbr, while they were preaching the good news of the kingdom. Your father the devil, and his minions/demons, did not even know.

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Luke 18 KJV

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

You satanic poser.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Some observations on Acts 13-notice-Barnabas has preeminence, then Saul:

"Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul." Acts 11:30 KJV

"And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark." Acts 12:25 KJV

"Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them." Acts 13:1-2 KJV

"Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God." Acts 13:7 KJV

Now, notice the shift: Saul becomes Paul, and Paul is scripturally named before Barnabas hereafter most of the time(2 exceptions-Acts 15:12. 15:25): Acts 13:43 KJV, Acts 13:46 KJV, Acts 13:50 KJV,Acts 14:12 KJV("...Paul... he was the chief speaker..."), Acts 14:14 KJV, Acts 15:2 KJV, Acts 15:22 KJV, Acts 15:35 KJV, Acts 15:36 KJV.

Saul becomes Paul per Acts 13:9 KJV, and his name is changed at the time of his first miracle=his Hebrew name vanishes/Saul becoming/"changing to " Paul, was one of the greatest displays, one of the greatest "miracles," by the LORD God, i.e., a pattern of our salvation! Yes, Paul, a murderer, became a "miracle" of the LORD God's grace.

And notice the parallels/differences vs. Peter's first miracle:

Peter: "And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us." Acts 3:4 KJV

Paul: "Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him." Acts 13:9 KJV

Peter, "fastening his eyes" upon the lame man, a Jew, pronounced a blessing. Paul, "set his eyes" on a Jew, Barjesus("son of salvation"), and pronounced his doom! Peter's first miracle references the restoration of Israel, while Paul's first miracle references the rejection of Israel, and the reconciliation of the Gentiles, due to Israel's blindness:

"And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness(diminishing of the eyes-my note); and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand." Acts 13:11 KJV

"Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord." Acts 13:12 KJV

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." Romans 11:25 KJV

Thus, the "son of salvation" is blinded for a season-typical of the nation of Israel. Acts 13 marks the start of her blindness. And notice that the deputy in Acts 13:12 KJV, a Gentile, responds to the doctrine(reconciliation of Gentiles), and is shown mercy, while a Jew is blinded.

Also notice that in this same chapter, 13:28-30 KJV, Paul puts forth the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-the death, burial, and resurrection:

Verse 13:28:"And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain." = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:29: "And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre."=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:30: "But God raised him from the dead:..." =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

The bible-the greatest book, a book of details-pay attention to the details.

As usual, per Acts 17:11 KJV, don't rely on my often faulty,albeit quite humble,explanations. "Check it out", in the greatest book that will ever be written, to see "...whether those things were so..."

john w at his best here, despite any disagreement I have with him, and why the Tynedale/KJV are so vital in determining doctrine.

john w

Hall of Fame
john w at his best here, despite any disagreement I have with him, and why the Tynedale/KJV are so vital in determining doctrine.

That's why they also refer to me as John "House" W....Mean spirited, "hateful," intolerant, "lacking the sweet spirit of the lowly Galilean fisherman," often, and all that jazz..........But, just as often, TL, absolutely brilliant, all in humility...........

HisServant

What do Buddhists have to do with anything we are discussing?

Is Buddhism practiced and preached in every town for generations, as Moses was?

The gentiles knew about Judaism about the same as you know about Buddhism... and you live in an information age.

Think about that for a bit.

God's Truth

The above is quite irrelevant to your "argument," poser.The 12 had no clue re. the dbr, while they were preaching the good news of the kingdom. Your father the devil, and his minions/demons, did not even know.

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Luke 18 KJV

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

You satanic poser.

The apostle were taught by Jesus while Jesus was on earth.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Jesus said he told them while he was still with them. He said he told them THAT IT WAS WRITTEN that the MESSIAH will suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.