ECT Sacrifices during the Kingdom?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Been some chatter, accusations and wrong assumptions tossed around lately so here's my very amateur thoughts, just to start a proper discussion. My thinking on this...

The dispensation of grace will have ended. Christ will be reigning in His glorified Person. Never to bleed or die again. Not meek but weilding the rod of iron. OMNIPOTENCE INCARNATE.

The Gospel of grace will be obsolete and unpreached. Salvation once more be of the Jews. Gentile will once again be clearly distinguished from Jew, who now will be head rather than tail.

Yet there will still be sin in the world, as the final rebellion will be yet to happen.

So something will have to be put in place for those who come to repent. The spilled blood would still point to Christ -- only instead of looking forward to what was not yet known, it now clearly looks back upon the Cross of the King as a memorial to Him, just as Tam has emphasized elsewhere.

So hypothetically, there would be a place for animal sacrifices which does not deny the DBR of Christ, as preterists insist it must but in fact emphasizes it, just as the sacrifices of the past did in type and shadow. The millennial sacrifices will be largely on behalf of the gentile nations, performed by Christ's redeemed nation of priests -- finally fulfilling their role (Ex 19:6 and 1 Pet 2:5, 9) by offering up the "spiritual [but real!] sacrifices" Israel was created to perform.

My hypothesis. Analysis welcome. Feel free to post your own as well.

Preterists...why don't you just sit this out for awhile. Let the dispies hash it out before jumping in. Observe how we're able to correct each other.

Where does the Bible say there will be future animal sacrifices ? I'm not buying it

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where does the Bible say there will be future animal sacrifices ? I'm not buying it

It doesn't.

Darby followers take OT prophecies that have been fulfilled in Christ Jesus, and claim they are future events despite the fact that the NT proves them wrong.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Of all the chapters of the bible I draw a complete blank from Ezekiel ch.40.

I have aksed for light but not received it.

I DO know that there is an age to come in which the Jews will be a kingdom of priests and that nations of the world will flock to Jerusalem to the temple to learn the ways of the God of Jacob. And I know that worldwide righteousness, peace and prosperity will flow from Jerusalem....setting the creation FREE from it's bondage to decay.

And the glory of the knowledge of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters covers the sea.

I have encountered other believers in the coming kingdom who do not understand Ezekiel. 40.

Interplanner

Of all the chapters of the bible I draw a complete blank from Ezekiel ch.40.

I have aksed for light but not received it.

I DO know that there is an age to come in which the Jews will be a kingdom of priests and that nations of the world will flock to Jerusalem to the temple to learn the ways of the God of Jacob. And I know that worldwide righteousness, peace and prosperity will flow from Jerusalem....setting the creation FREE from it's bondage to decay.

And the glory of the knowledge of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters covers the sea.

I have encountered other believers in the coming kingdom who do not understand Ezekiel. 40.

Why don't you use the expressions the way the apostles did? Do you actually not know where they used 'kingdom of priests' and 'the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea'?

Given the scope and features of the mission of the Gospel, what need is there for any of the things you mentioned to happen? Is this why the NT never mentions them in chapters on the 2nd coming--I Cor 15, Rom 2, 8, 2 Tim 4, Heb 9, 2 Pet 3, etc.? How did a theology system come to 'major' on things never stated?

By 2P2P, that's how.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(1 Peter 10:12) 10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

The truths the prophets wrote, were not revealed to those prophets, they were revealed to the Disciples of Christ in the first century.

Ezekiel teaches us what the sacrifice of Christ accomplished.

The NT teaches us that it is believers (the church) that is the temple of God.

The various sacrifices Ezekiel spoke of were symbolic of what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.

Christ Jesus not only died for All sins, He died for atonement.

Interplanner

The prophets at least INTRODUCE the idea that something other than the worship system as they knew it would be coming. From Dan 9 and Is 53, they could say 'the thing that's coming is a one-timer; after that, there won't be any point to the sacrificial system.'

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
(1 Peter 10:12) 10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

The truths the prophets wrote, were not revealed to those prophets, they were revealed to the Disciples of Christ in the first century.

The various sacrifices Ezekiel spoke of were symbolic of what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.

:thumb:

I've told them that before.

They wont embrace it, as it demolishes their wall daubed with untempered mortar.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I read Isaiah and have great light from the Lord on Isaiah, Jeremiah, the minor prophets 39 chapters of Ezekiel.

But Ezekiel 40 onwards I do not understand...I think it best to honest up and say I don't understand it.

But you say Isaiah speaks to the church? all of it? really? that nations should flock to Jerusalem, that they will beat their swords into ploughshares and study war no more?

This is a different picture to the one given us by the Lord of wars and famines and people's hearts failing them for fear.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
:thumb:

I've told them that before.

They wont embrace it, as it demolishes their wall built from untempered mortar.

Yes we had to wait for the new dispensation to unfold before anyone knew anything about it.....so I believe it will be in the age to come....we do have glimpses

Interplanner

I read Isaiah and have great light from the Lord on Isaiah, Jeremiah, the minor prophets 39 chapters of Ezekiel.

But Ezekiel 40 onwards I do not understand...I think it best to honest up and say I don't understand it.

But you say Isaiah speaks to the church? all of it? really? that nations should flock to Jerusalem, that they will beat their swords into ploughshares and study war no more?

This is a different picture to the one given us by the Lord of wars and famines and people's hearts failing them for fear.

That other picture, as you say, is Mt24A which is about 1st century Judea, as you can see from the details.

The prophets picture is that something strong enough to unify people as such is coming, but I don't get the sense that it displaces evil entirely. It depicts an overlap. Which it is. One error is to say it has not come; the other error is to say that evil is completely gone.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes we had to wait for the new dispensation to unfold before anyone knew anything about it.....so I believe it will be in the age to come....we do have glimpses

When the apostles asked the Lord about the restoration He said it was not for them to know matters which the Father keeps in His own hands but their job was to witness......the position has not changed.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Who do you think Peter was talking to in all those tongues?

And do you think they went off preaching war and revolt?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That other picture, as you say, is Mt24A which is about 1st century Judea, as you can see from the details.

The prophets picture is that something strong enough to unify people as such is coming, but I don't get the sense that it displaces evil entirely. It depicts an overlap. Which it is. One error is to say it has not come; the other error is to say that evil is completely gone.

It is a new dispensation

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Who do you think Peter was talking to in all those tongues?

And do you think they went off preaching war and revolt?

You missed the point Jesus said there will be wars, nations will rise against nations

And Jesus told us to go into all the world....but Isaiah says all the world will come to Jerusalem.

Interplanner

But it has not gone off in a new direction, or departure, from what was expected. The original promise always was that all nations would be blessed upon something in common. That thing was the Gospel of forgiveness in Christ.