The Wedding of Jesus

Ben Masada

It's a moot point, death terminates a marriage.

Yes, it does Jamie but, literal marriage, not metaphorical. So, Paul was at fault to have written that allegory in Romans 7:1-6 that, as a widow is free of her obligations to her former husband with his death, the Law was over with the death of Jesus. Paul was totally wrong here for mixing apples with oranges.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
No, that's all right! I just would like to test "The stubborn Goy in you with some Physics about the Shema. As you know, the Shema asserts to the absolute Oneness of God which is against the Trinity:

The Absolute Oneness of God

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

I fully understand what you say.

I may explain later how I have reckoned the two ideas.

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
There is no biblical evidence to support Paul being married.

Actually, there is evidence Paul was not married.

1 Corinthians 7:8New King James Version (NKJV)

8 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Ben Masada

Some teachers might be married and some might not be married.
It doesn't have to be either / or.

I still see nowhere in scripture that one must be married in order to be a teacher.

Was David married when he was anointed king?

No, he was not, but he was not king. When his anointing to be king took effect, he married 6 wives and, when he became king in Jerusalem, he married some more wives. (II Sam.3:2-5; 5:14-16)

Ben Masada

Actually, there is evidence Paul was not married.

1 Corinthians 7:8New King James Version (NKJV)

8 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;

Thanks Nameless, I had not my NT with me when I was asked that question.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Can you provide a scripture stating that Jesus was not married? No, you can't. Let me tell you something. To get married was a commandment to a Jew. So, no need of scripture to confirm that one had fulfilled that commandment. Rather that he was not married, if he was not, would surely be down on the paper. Then, it is only obvious that the Fathers of the Church would not allow such a quote that Jesus had been a married man.

Luke 17:21Amplified Bible (AMP)

21 nor will people say, ‘Look! Here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For the kingdom of God is among you [because of My presence].”

Matthew 22:

29 But Jesus replied to them, “You are all wrong because you know neither the Scriptures [which teach the resurrection] nor the power of God [for He is able to raise the dead]. 30 For in the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but they are like angels in heaven [who do not marry nor produce children]. 31 But as to the resurrection of the dead—have you not read [in the Scripture] what God said to you: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.

You may declare a foul because I used the amplified bible. Best translation to understand the gospel followers of The Way.

If you believe that Jesus is who many believe Him to be, and believe He died and rose from the dead, you can see that He recognized Himself as the first revealed stone of the heavenly temple made of ALL God's children.

Matthew 21:42Amplified Bible (AMP)

42 Jesus asked them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘The [very] [a]Stone which the builders rejected and threw away,
Has become the chief Cornerstone;
This is the Lord’s doing,
And it is marvelous and wonderful in our eyes’?

In this light, He would not have taken a wife, because He held to heavenly standards, as He counts Himself of the Kingdom, though He is speaking as the Son Of Man/God.

Ben Masada

That's all fine and dandy. And totally worthless. The question to you is to show where GOD required in when He handed down The Law. Men have many strange and worthless traditions they have added to what God said. I just want to know where God said you had to be married to be a teacher.

Okay, so you wanna go that way, please show me where in the gospel of Jesus God said that he was the Messiah? In the gospel of Jesus please, not the gospel of Paul.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Okay, so you wanna go that way, please show me where in the gospel of Jesus God said that he was the Messiah? In the gospel of Jesus please, not the gospel of Paul.

Are you sure you want me to throw this base ball your way?

Ben Masada

Luke 17:21Amplified Bible (AMP)

21 nor will people say, ‘Look! Here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For the kingdom of God is among you [because of My presence].”

Matthew 22:

29 But Jesus replied to them, “You are all wrong because you know neither the Scriptures [which teach the resurrection] nor the power of God [for He is able to raise the dead]. 30 For in the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but they are like angels in heaven [who do not marry nor produce children]. 31 But as to the resurrection of the dead—have you not read [in the Scripture] what God said to you: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.

You may declare a foul because I used the amplified bible. Best translation to understand the gospel followers of The Way.

If you believe that Jesus is who many believe Him to be, and believe He died and rose from the dead, you can see that He recognized Himself as the first revealed stone of the heavenly temple made of ALL God's children.

Matthew 21:42Amplified Bible (AMP)

42 Jesus asked them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘The [very] [a]Stone which the builders rejected and threw away,
Has become the chief Cornerstone;
This is the Lord’s doing,
And it is marvelous and wonderful in our eyes’?

In this light, He would not have taken a wife, because He held to heavenly standards, as He counts Himself of the Kingdom, though He is speaking as the Son Of Man/God.

Nameless, please tell me something: Was Jesus a Jew or a Christian? A Jew, I believe is your reply. So, based on that answer, I can't believe in a Christian testimony given by a Jew. Therefore, every thing said above about Jesus is part of the 80% of anti-Jewish interpolations in the NT with the intent to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Nameless, please tell me something: Was Jesus a Jew or a Christian? A Jew, I believe is your reply. So, based on that answer, I can't believe in a Christian testimony giving by a Jew. Therefore, every thing said above about Jesus is part of the 80% of anti-Jewish interpolations in the NT with the intent to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

He came through our people. Blessed are we above all peoples, because He sanctified the World from the chosen Land.

Anti-Semitism is the result of Rott teachings that reject God did and does have a special purpose for the Jews.

There will come a time when there will be mourning for the One we pierced. And yet, it is part of Gods plan.

God hasn't revealed the full Spiritual plan yet, but He has laid the foundation of the Kingdom.

There is great work abroad by the Satans.

Anti-Semitism is a severe indication of it.

Now there is a growing lack of Love in this world

I know you see it Ben.

Luke 22:

66*When day came, the Council of the elders of the people (Sanhedrin, Jewish High Court) assembled, both chief priests and scribes; and they led Jesus away to the council chamber, saying, 67*“If You are the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), tell us.” But He said to them, “If I tell you, you will not believe [what I say], 68*and if I ask a question, you will not answer. 69*But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God.” 70*And they all said, “Are You the Son of God, then?” He replied, “It is just as you say.” 71*Then they asked, “What further need of testimony do we have? For we ourselves have heard it from His own mouth.”

John 4:

25*The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ—the Anointed); when that One comes, He will tell us everything [we need to know].” 26*Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you, am He (the Messiah).”

Isaiah 6:10New King James Version (NKJV)
10*
“Make the heart of this people dull,
And their ears heavy,
And shut their eyes;
Lest they see with their eyes,
And hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart,
And return and be healed.”

Please link to this, it is a biblical cross reference that explains what I mean by suggesting that the rejection of the Messiah by our people was for told.

https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=Mark+8:18

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Wedding of Jesus

No, Nameless. It will take us only into a game of time loss.

I regret posting those scriptures.

I was inclined to respectfully answer with hesitation.

I meant no disrespect.

Forgive me.

Also, Gentile followers of Jesus that speak anti Jew rhetoric missed Jesus's teachings from your and my understanding.

Do we agree on this point?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Matthew 16:
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[b] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Ben Masada

Matthew 16:
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[b] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

That's not the gospel of Jesus. The gospel of Jesus was the Tanach. Show me in the Tanach where I can read that Jesus was the Messiah.

Ben Masada

I regret posting those scriptures.

I was inclined to respectfully answer with hesitation.

I meant no disrespect.

Forgive me.

Also, Gentile followers of Jesus that speak anti Jew rhetoric missed Jesus's teachings from your and my understanding.

Do we agree on this point?

Nameless, you are a wonderful person with a heart full of love. It was all my fault, honey. I started with the ping pong.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Wedding of Jesus

Nameless, you are a wonderful person with a heart full of love. It was all my fault, honey. I started with the ping pong.

Lol!!! Well I'm always up for it so consider the compliment returned. [emoji106][emoji3]