Importance of Obedience - Law vs Faith

JonahofAkron

Anyone who has ever made a honest effort at keeping the law knows that it is a giant burden on one's back just like the story of faithful pilgrim. The burden didn't fall away until he came to the cross as is so with every Christian today.
That's asinine. Why would someone that doesn't know God unburden themselves of His commands if they don't know Him to begin with? Every honest relationship begins at the feet of the Rabbi. What you choose to do from there is on you, but God would be a liar if we believed like you did. Deuteronomy 30:11

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Epoisses

That's asinine. Why would someone that doesn't know God unburden themselves of His commands if they don't know Him to begin with? Every honest relationship begins at the feet of the Rabbi. What you choose to do from there is on you, but God would be a liar if we believed like you did. Deuteronomy 30:11

Are you even Christian? Why don't you find yourself a good Messianic forum.

JonahofAkron

Are you even Christian? Why don't you find yourself a good Messianic forum.
I like this one. If I am in relationship with the Messiah, why would I not be a Christian? Show me where that's written? I am not judaizing. I have not told anyone that they need to keep anything in order to be saved. I don't believe that you need to be circumcised.

Why wouldn't the Spirit eventually lead you to follow the commands of Torah?

Epoisses

I like this one. If I am in relationship with the Messiah, why would I not be a Christian? Show me where that's written? I am not judaizing. I have not told anyone that they need to keep anything in order to be saved. I don't believe that you need to be circumcised.

Why wouldn't the Spirit eventually lead you to follow the commands of Torah?

You're a Judaizer and enemy of the gospel. I can sniff your kind out with the greatest of ease.

JonahofAkron

It's really not funny because you are on the highway to hell.
Oh, really? Interesting. Do they have mileage signs? I'm assuming that I'm running... I don't have a car at present.

I'll tell you what is funny... Your insistence on something about me without seeing or knowing me. That's funny. I'd gladly discuss it over the phone with you if you'd like....hopefully you don't think my 'unbelief' (sarcasm) isn't contagious through the phone lines.

Epoisses

Oh, really? Interesting. Do they have mileage signs? I'm assuming that I'm running... I don't have a car at present.

I'll tell you what is funny... Your insistence on something about me without seeing or knowing me. That's funny. I'd gladly discuss it over the phone with you if you'd like....hopefully you don't think my 'unbelief' (sarcasm) isn't contagious through the phone lines.

It's so sad to see sinners self-implode! They just want to justify themselves so bad.

God's Truth

I don't need your forgiveness. I've already been forgiven by one higher than you.

We all need to forgive to be forgiven.

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Jesus showed us this truth when he died on the cross and said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Does that mean they are forgiven by God? No. Because we each have to forgive others to be forgiven.

themuzicman

Is that why it was Paul's custom to keep the Sabbath? (Acts 17:2-3)

It was his custom to go teach on the Sabbath, because that was his opportunity to teach the Jews.

However, Paul became all things to all people so that by all means, he might save some, including being under the law (even though he isn't under the law) to save those under the law.

There might even be a Scripture verse to this effect.

themuzicman

What is the law that transgression of it would be considered sin?

23 And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. 24 Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.

Rejecting belief in God would be a sin. So would acting in an unloving way towards another.

themuzicman

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Heb 4:1 Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. 2 For good news came to us just as to them, but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened. 3 For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said,

“As I swore in my wrath,
‘They shall not enter my rest,’”
although his works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” 5 And again in this passage he said,

“They shall not enter my rest.”
6 Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, 7 again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted,

“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.”
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. 9 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

11 Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.

The Sabbath rest of the Old Covenant was fulfilled in Christ, when he fulfilled the requirements of the law in us (Rom 8:1-4), and Christ then became our Sabbath rest, which we enter into, not by observing a day, but rather by placing our faith in Him, because we are no longer under the Old Covenant law.