ECT Christ suffered and died to atone for the sins of believers.

radind

Who are you calling a Rabbi?

Tell me who you are calling a Rabbi.

From my original post:
Each master rabbi had his own particular interpretation of the Torah (Tanakh) and that interpretation was called “his yoke.”

My point was about the term 'yoke'.
I really don't see the problem, but I am open to suggestions if you have an alternate way to present this without using the term 'rabbi'.

Danoh

Some thoughts, bro...

In fairness, I was going to point out something I have pointed out in the past on here about Interplanner - that he has always struck me as being clear on what the Cross of Christ accomplished.

He often attempted to point out the finished work of the Cross to Faither; to no avail.

He has tried to point it out to GT; to no avail.

In fact, he and I both met on another forum that later banned him for his having voiced his belief against "gay" marriage.

I have not forgotten his having spoken up like that on an issue too many believers are too passive about.

It cost him his being able to participate with many believers of all schools of thought on that other forum: who basically liked him; even many who strongly disagreed with him on Eschatology; and visa-versa.

Further; when asked, he has never skirted the issue of the Cross - that "It is finished."

This here...

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

While, when not asked, he is just as likely to volunteer his view that the work of the Cross is finished - as he has just done with you.

Eschatology not being Soteriology, we're likely to differ with some on the former of these, despite sameness in understanding on the latter.

Though I'm not sure why he posted to you on the Cross, as you have also always struck me as being clear on it.

Okay, enough of that; back to riding you Inter :chuckle:

Last edited:

God's Truth

From my original post:

My point was about the term 'yoke'.
I really don't see the problem, but I am open to suggestions if you have an alternate way to present this without using the term 'rabbi'.

Show me from the Holy Bible where someone is called Rabbi.

marhig

I have been careful to distinguish what words mean in the past days.

Grace is indeed no license to sin.

However, the Royal Priesthood is no License to condemn others in flesh.

Luke 18:

9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and looked down on everyone else: 10 “Two men went up to the temple complex to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee took his stand[e] and was praying like this: ‘God, I thank You that I’m not like other people[f] —greedy, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give a tenth[g] of everything I get.’

13 “But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even raise his eyes to heaven but kept striking his chest[h] and saying, ‘God, turn Your wrath from me—a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this one went down to his house justified rather than the other; because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

........................................................................................

Please expound on this Parable for me verse by verse, as it is Jesus's teaching.

0c9a68eb143efbcf8970e82d77ead641.jpg

Jesus is teaching about how you are not to condemn individual people, I'm not talking about individuals I'm not a judge and I don't know individual hearts, but I know that the teaching of once saved always saved is wrong, as is telling people that even if they sin and wilfully too, then they are still saved and going to heaven, that's not right. We must obey the living God and turn from sinning. I'm talking about the teaching not the people. I just hope that they see in the Bible that that's wrong, because it clearly shows that once we know God and belong to Christ that we shouldn't continue sinning.

What do you think that Jesus meant when he said deny yourself and take up your cross and follow him? He said those who do not take up their cross are not worthy of him!

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Christ suffered and died to atone for the sins of believers.

I am not going to find a post for you. Just answer the question. Do you have the Holy Spirit?

I claim the sacrifice of Jesus as the propitiation for my sins.

I admit my need for Jesus.

I pray for the Comforters guidance as I read Scripture, live my life and come across others.

I answer straight forward with:

The Holy Spirit dwells within me, and I am in the Holy Spirit.

Now please tell me, do you believe Jesus is YHWH?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is teaching about how you are not to condemn individual people, I'm not talking about individuals I'm not a judge and I don't know individual hearts, but I know that the teaching of once saved always saved is wrong, as is telling people that even if they sin and wilfully too, then they are still saved and going to heaven, that's not right. We must obey the living God and turn from sinning. I'm talking about the teaching not the people. I just hope that they see in the Bible that that's wrong, because it clearly shows that once we know God and being to Christ that we shouldn't continue sinning.

What do you think that Jesus meant when he said deny yourself and take up your cross and follow him? He said those who do not take up their cross are not worthy of him!

Everyone's cross is different, and to say we are without sin is to deny the Truth.

Is this not biblical?

Is it not His righteousness that sustains us?

1 John 4:8

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Christ suffered and died to atone for the sins of believers.

I thought you said it was wrong to judge people? You sound very self righteous!

Marhig,

It is an important question in light of GT condemning me and claiming to be as righteous as the Son of God.

It is deceitful to deny that He is God and demand perfection from the flesh of Gods children before they receive their full inheritance at the time they are changed per 1 Cor 15.

I have repeatedly told GT that I trust Gods ability to Love and save her as she is, but I will not tolerate being condemned because I speak honestly, nor tolerate the Grace of God being frustrated.

And Marhig,

I do not condemn my family of Arian theology. But I have to know If GT respects that we are not in the flesh as Christ was in the flesh.

Do you count Jesus the Son of God from the Father and a God?

marhig

Everyone's cross is different, and to say we are without sin is to deny the Truth.

Is this not biblical?

Is it not His righteousness that sustains us?

1 John 4:8

We are all in sinful flesh, but we shouldn't be wilfully sinning. When Jesus forgave the woman taken in adultery he told her to go sin no more.

We are not to wilfuly sin anyone

Do you believe Paul?

Hebrews 10

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
We are all in sinful flesh, but we shouldn't be wilfully sinning. When Jesus forgave the woman taken in adultery he told her to go sin no more.

Do you believe Paul?

Hebrews 10

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

This is true.

Paul teaches this with these verses...

Romans 7:

15 For I do not understand what I am doing, because I do not practice what I want to do, but I do what I hate. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 So now I am no longer the one doing it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For the desire to do what is good is with me, but there is no ability to do it. 19 For I do not do the good that I want to do, but I practice the evil that I do not want to do. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but it is the sin that lives in me.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Do you believe Paul?

Hebrews 10

Be ye perfect as Christ is perfect is not about the flesh and go and sin no more isn't a warning that we are initially saved by His forgiveness, but stripped of it if we fail again.

Peter denied Christ 3 times after He had met Him.

marhig

Yes.

I have before, and I'm certain I will again.

I acknowledge that this is utter failure and ruin, but my salvation doesn't depend on me, it depends on Him.

I am human, thus I fail.

Do you believe Jesus ever sinned?
I don't believe that Jesus ever sinned, and he came as an example for us to follow, and I certainly don't believe that it's ok to wilfully sin and think your going to heaven. The holy spirit should be stopping us from wilfully sinning. Our conscience should be in overdrive and we should be denying ourselves, Jesus taught us to deny ourselves we are to deny our flesh, Satan sins not Christ, so we should be denying Satan by stopping wilfully sinning.

Do you not believe Jesus when he said we must deny ourselves?

marhig

Be ye perfect as Christ is perfect is not about the flesh and go and sin no more isn't a warning that we are initially saved by His forgiveness, but stripped of it if we fail again.

Peter denied Christ 3 times after He had met Him.

Peter hadn't been given the power of the holy spirit when he denied Jesus, he certainly didn't deny him once Jesus strengthened him.

Peter wasn't converted when he denied Jesus. He was still weak because he didn't have the power of the holy spirit, if we've got the spirit in our hearts, we'll be turning from wilful sin.

Luke 23

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.