Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh Michael... Do you really not recognise when you are getting your intelligence insulted?

I almost feel bad for pointing this out, but Pat was essentially saying you were so mentally challenged that we should treat you like someone with a significant intellectual disability. I.e he's calling you someone with "special-needs"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_needs

Dear Tyrathca,

I don't believe he thinks I am special needs. He might mean I'm different, but I would suppose that if Knight thought I was special needs, he would not allow me to post here any longer. You do have special needs... like you need Sunday School to learn what is REALLY going on in This World. You are the one in need, trust me.

Best Of Wishes!!

Michael

Tyrathca

Dear Tyrathca,

I don't believe he thinks I am special needs. He might mean I'm different, but I would suppose that if Knight thought I was special needs, he would not allow me to post here any longer.
Tell yourself whatever you want Michael. I only said what I think Pat was saying, I doubt Knight cares what you are if he even has an opinion. I doubt he ban you for it either even if he agreed.

For the record I don't care and aren't calling you special. I don't think any intellectual limitations you've shown here are a valid excuse for anything nor oblige me to treat you differently.
You do have special needs... like you need Sunday School to learn what is REALLY going on in This World. You are the one in need, trust me.
You assume I'm ignorant of Christian teachings rather than just disagree. On the contrary I spent 6 years at a Christian high school and even got A's in religious education sometimes (which always amused me as even then I was an Atheist). That and I've been fairly well exposed to teachings via sites like this. I'm not sure what Sunday school would add really.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tell yourself whatever you want Michael. I only said what I think Pat was saying, I doubt Knight cares what you are if he even has an opinion. I doubt he ban you for it either even if he agreed.

For the record I don't care and aren't calling you special. I don't think any intellectual limitations you've shown here are a valid excuse for anything nor oblige me to treat you differently. You assume I'm ignorant of Christian teachings rather than just disagree. On the contrary I spent 6 years at a Christian high school and even got A's in religious education sometimes (which always amused me as even then I was an Atheist). That and I've been fairly well exposed to teachings via sites like this. I'm not sure what Sunday school would add really.

Dear Tyrathca,

Well that's a horse of a different color!! Okay, Amigo, did you ever go to Sunday School at Church to learn about Jesus and His story? How can you be atheist after being exposed to Christian Schools for so long. Oh well, I can empathize with you more now. Sorry I had you pegged wrong. I apologize wholeheartedly. You shouldn't wait so long to tell others about your background.

Okay, I've got to get to bed. It is 3 a.m., so I'm ready to crash!! Good Night!

Much Love, In Jesus' Name,

Michael

Tyrathca

Dear Tyrathca,

Well that's a horse of a different color!!
I have no idea what that phrase means :chuckle:
Okay, Amigo, did you ever go to Sunday School at Church to learn about Jesus and His story?
Well it wasn't on Sunday but I did have religion classes, own a bible and have to go to mass weekly.
How can you be atheist after being exposed to Christian Schools for so long.
Quite easily actually. The more I learnt the more ridiculous it sounded.
Oh well, I can empathize with you more now. Sorry I had you pegged wrong. I apologize wholeheartedly. You shouldn't wait so long to tell others about your background.
I didn't realise that background was so special or unique. :|

I think you'll find most atheists on sites like this have a pretty heavy exposure to Christian teachings.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh Michael... Do you really not recognise when you are getting your intelligence insulted?

I almost feel bad for pointing this out, but Pat was essentially saying you were so mentally challenged that we should treat you like someone with a significant intellectual disability. I.e he's calling you someone with "special-needs"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_needs

No, mike is special because he is sensitive. He is in tune with other people's feelings and he cares. He wants to be friends with everyone and he wants the best for all involved. Michael has the biggest heart of anyone on TOL and he loves Jesus Christ as much as anybody else. So, Mike is "special"

Last edited:

Tyrathca

No, mike is special because he is sensitive. He is in tune with other people's feelings and he cares. He wants to be friends with everyone and he wants the best for all involved. Michael has the biggest heart of anyone on TOL and he loves Jesus Christ as much as anybody else. So, Mike is "special'

Well how about that, guess I was wrong.

I disagree with your description of him though.

Hedshaker

Originally Posted by Hedshaker View Post
Maybe, but I care about what is true. It is more important to me than what I wish to believe. How about you?
John 15:1-3 KJV -

Obviously not then. See where I told Michael about the futility of using the Bible to prove the Bible. It's a useless circular argument but if it helps you believe what you want instead of searching for what is true then have it. I don't buy it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Obviously not then. See where I told Michael about the futility of using the Bible to prove the Bible. It's a useless circular argument but if it helps you believe what you want instead of searching for what is true then have it. I don't buy it.
So you think everything just happened this way ? Conditions across the board are absolutely perfect for abundant life, from the distance and size of sun and moon, the atmosphere, magnetic field, the temperature and on and on. You believe you are seeking evidence of no God ? have at it

Hedshaker

So you think everything just happened this way ? Conditions across the board are absolutely perfect for abundant life, from the distance and size of sun and moon, the atmosphere, magnetic field, the temperature and on and on. You believe you are seeking evidence of no God ? have at it

That's another logical fallacy. It's called the argument from ignorance. You don't why things are the way they are so God must have done it.

Logical fallacies are not evidence.

Argument from ignorance

edit: Also, things look perfect for us because we evolved into this environment.

Hedshaker

You have illogical fallacies and science still doesn't know why things are the way they are. WE have a creator, there is no doubt.

Hebrews 11:3 KJV -

You don't have a creator. What you have is a belief. Big, big difference...

Edit: you didn't even watch the video, did you? That tells me a lot

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well it wasn't on Sunday but I did have religion classes, own a bible and have to go to mass weekly.

I think you'll find most atheists on sites like this have a pretty heavy exposure to Christian teachings.

Dear Tyrathca,

Horse of a different color means 'that's a whole lot of difference,' or 'that changes things drastically.' Something to that effect. The phrase is from The Wizard of Oz movie here in America. It is on TV once a year. It's a wonderful show. You just didn't grow up with it because you're in Australia.

You went to Mass regularly? Well, no wonder you hate religion. You grew up in the wrong denomination. Catholic Mass is not the answer. They do not worship Jesus as much. They worship His mother Mary more than Jesus, it seems. And you get a rosary and all of that mumbo jumbo. I know a lot of Catholics who don't like religion. I don't blame them whatsoever. Did you have to get on your knees at Church all of the time. What an uncomfortable thing to put people through. Those padded knee rests!! I went to Catholic Church enough to know that I didn't like it One Bit!! It's not for me!! I'm raised as a Christ-loving, God-loving, Holy Ghost-loving, person. My life is based upon LOVE!! I love people very much. Some I don't, like Hitler, Mussolini, Ayatollah, etc. But Catholics are still Christians, so I do love them just as much. They just have a different view of things.

Yes, the fact that you were offered Christianity and Jesus and God, makes a lot of difference. That means you're still a brother. You know of Jesus. You just don't know Jesus. There's a lot of difference. You are easier to love knowing you have known of Jesus, even if you don't believe in Him now, it's because you were misled, that's all. I'm proud of you and I grieve at the childhood you had. Mine was full of love from my family and the Churches, etc. Anyway, you're still a brother. You just took a different path because you were misled by the Church/religion you went to. I'll bet Hedshaker went through the same thing in England! Will have to check!

Okay, Buddy, you have a really nice day and make it count!!

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Tyrathca,

Horse of a different color means 'that's a whole lot of difference,' or 'that changes things drastically.' Something to that effect. The phrase is from The Wizard of Oz movie here in America. It is on TV once a year. It's a wonderful show. You just didn't grow up with it because you're in Australia.

You went to Mass regularly? Well, no wonder you hate religion. You grew up in the wrong denomination. Catholic Mass is not the answer. They do not worship Jesus as much. They worship His mother Mary more than Jesus, it seems. And you get a rosary and all of that mumbo jumbo. I know a lot of Catholics who don't like religion. I don't blame them whatsoever. Did you have to get on your knees at Church all of the time. What an uncomfortable thing to put people through. Those padded knee rests!! I went to Catholic Church enough to know that I didn't like it One Bit!! It's not for me!! I'm raised as a Christ-loving, God-loving, Holy Ghost-loving, person. My life is based upon LOVE!! I love people very much. Some I don't, like Hitler, Mussolini, Ayatollah, etc. But Catholics are still Christians, so I do love them just as much. They just have a different view of things.

Yes, the fact that you were offered Christianity and Jesus and God, makes a lot of difference. That means you're still a brother. You know of Jesus. You just don't know Jesus. There's a lot of difference. You are easier to love knowing you have known of Jesus, even if you don't believe in Him now, it's because you were misled, that's all. I'm proud of you and I grieve at the childhood you had. Mine was full of love from my family and the Churches, etc. Anyway, you're still a brother. You just took a different path because you were misled by the Church/religion you went to.

Okay, Buddy, you have a really nice day and make it count!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.