Obeying God

marhig

I haven't been here long, and I've noticed that there have been debates about obedience. I've never really known anything different other than that we should obey God if we are his. He has given us freewill, but I believe that if we love God and have faith and trust in Jesus we will obey.

So I thought about it, and i thought that without obedience, many in the Bible wouldn't have been healed or they wouldn't have seen the miracle if hadn't have obeyed.

The blind man whom upon Jesus laid clay on his eyes wouldn't have been healed if he didn't obey and go and wash it off.

The man in waiting by the pool, who Jesus told to rise up and walk, wouldn't have had the healing if he didn't obey and stand up, this happened also to the man who was let down through the roof

The water into wine wouldn't have happened if the men didn't obey and fill the pots to the brim.

They wouldn't have seen Lazarus rise if they didn't take away the stone.

If the boy with the five loaves and the 2 fish hadn't have handed them over. They wouldn't have seen the miracle of the increase and they wouldn't have fed the five thousand

All the above happened because they obeyed.

We can know the living God, and we can read our Bibles. But if we don't obey him, then we won't see the resurrection and we won't receive the healing in our hearts, we won't have a mouth to speak, eyes to see, ears to hear, we won't be able to walk the walk, we won't see the change and we won't see the increase.

I believe that we must obey the living God, he didn't give his commandments for us to disobey him, and if we truly follow Jesus, we will obey God, as he did.

What do you think regarding obedience towards God? Thanks

Last edited:

Bard_the_Bowman

I haven't been here long, and I've noticed that there have been debates about obedience. I've never really known anything different other than that we should obey God if we are his. He has given us freewill, but I believe that if we love God and have faith and trust in Jesus we will obey.

So I thought about it, and i thought that without obedience, many in the Bible wouldn't have been healed or they wouldn't have seen the miracle of hadn't have obeyed.

The blind man whom upon Jesus laid clay on his eyes wouldn't have been healed if he didn't obey and go and wash it off.

The man in waiting by the pool, who Jesus told to rise up and walk, wouldn't have had the healing if he didn't obey and stand up, this happened also to the man who was let down through the roof

The water into wine wouldn't have happened if the men didn't obey and fill the pots to the brim.

If the boy with the five loaves and the 2 fish hadn't have handed them over. They wouldn't have seen the miracle of the increase and they wouldn't have fed the five thousand

We can know the living God, and we can read our Bibles. But if we don't obey him, then we won't see the resurrection and we won't receive the healing in our hearts, we won't have a mouth to speak, eyes to see, ears to hear, we won't be able to walk the walk, we won't see the change and we won't see the increase.

I believe that we must obey the living God, he didn't give his commandments for us to disobey him, and if we truly follow Jesus, we will obey God, as he did.

Hey marhig,

I absolutely agree with you. Here are a few Scripture verses that sortof convince me as well:

Hebrews 5:9: "And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

Romans 1:5: "By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:"

Hebrews 13:17: "Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you."

1 Peter 4:17: "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

Peace.

marhig

Hey marhig,

I absolutely agree with you. Here are a few Scripture verses that sortof convince me as well:

Hebrews 5:9: "And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

Romans 1:5: "By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:"

Hebrews 13:17: "Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you."

1 Peter 4:17: "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

Peace.

That's great :) thank you for the verses.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It is about theology, who obeys what? The Hebrew laws are not the same as the New Testament Gospel message. This is one area in dialogue. The nature of God, and His existence, or co-existence with Christ is another debate.

Epoisses

I wonder why there's so much debating about it then? There seems to be a lot of talk as to whether we obey God or not. I can't quite get my head around why we wouldn't.

Self-righteous obedience thru law keeping is far different than Spirit filled obedience out of love. Hence the debate that never ends. The church of today is steadily moving away from the Spirit filled obedience and back to the law driven obedience of Moses. You have the feast keepers and those who wear tzitzit and eat kosher foods and some who even observe the Sabbath days. All these are signs of a dying faith and a gospel that has been perverted by dispensationalists. If the Jews are required to keep the law then it won't be long until the Gentiles have to observe it as well.

marhig

Self-righteous obedience thru law keeping is far different than Spirit filled obedience out of love. Hence the debate that never ends. The church of today is steadily moving away from the Spirit filled obedience and back to the law driven obedience of Moses. You have the feast keepers and those who wear tzitzit and eat kosher foods and some who even observe the Sabbath days. All these are signs of a dying faith and a gospel that has been perverted by dispensationalists. If the Jews are required to keep the law then it won't be long until the Gentiles have to observe it as well.
I believe in spirit filled obedience also, but by that I believe that we should listen to our conscience and if we know it's wrong to do something, then we shouldn't do it. I believe that this is also obeying God. What do you see spirit filled obedience as being? Thanks

Last edited:

Epoisses

I believe in spirit filled obedience also, but by that I believe that we should listen to our conscience and if we know it's wrong to do something, then we shouldn't do it. I believe that this is also obeying God. What do you see spirit filled obedience as being? Thanks

The Holy Spirit teaches us right from wrong about a million times better than the law. This is why the law was replaced and is obsolete.

Elia

The Holy Spirit teaches us right from wrong about a million times better than the law. This is why the law was replaced and is obsolete.

Bs'd

The law stands for ever. That is what God said:

“So you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this same day I will have brought your armies out of the land of Egypt. Therefore you shall observe this day throughout your generations as an everlasting ordinance."
Ex 12:17

"In the tabernacle of meeting, outside the veil which is before the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it from evening until morning before the Lord. It shall be a statute forever to their generations on behalf of the children of Israel."
Ex 27:21]

"This shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood.’”
Leviticus 3:17

"You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings."
Leviticus 23:14

“‘Now if you as a community unintentionally fail to keep any of these commands the Lord gave Moses— 23 any of the Lord’s commands to you through him, from the day the Lord gave them and continuing through the generations to come" Numbers 15:23

There is much, much more like this, saying the law stands forever, for all generations.

There is no such a thing as: "The messiah will come and abolish the law". It just doesn't exist.

And, of course, JC himself also said the exact opposite of what the Christians say:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Matt 5

So also JC agrees: The law stands forever.

It is only Paul who comes up with the idea that the law is abolished, but who is Paul that he thinks he can abolish the law??

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Ecc 12:12-14, New American Standard Bible

Elia

Bs"d

Epoissses teaches not only that one of the least of all God's commandments has been abolished, but he teaches that ALL of 'm have been abolished.

About that it is said: "Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven,"

Epoisses will be called "least" in the kingdom of heaven, according to his "messiah".

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

theophilus

So I thought about it, and i thought that without obedience, many in the Bible wouldn't have been healed or they wouldn't have seen the miracle if hadn't have obeyed.

John 14:15 - If you love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:10 - If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:14 - You are my friend if you keep my commandments.

Luke 11:28 - Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it.

1 John 2: - 3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected.

1 John 3: - 23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. 24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 5: - 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

2 John - 6 And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

We do not obey perfectly but we endeavor to obey with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength.

daqq

Amen, and I think people tend to overlook the fact that even Paul says when we enter into Yeshua faithfulness we are no more "our own" but have been purchased with a price, (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). :)

It is only Paul who comes up with the idea that the law is abolished, but who is Paul that he thinks he can abolish the law??

That is only your interpretation of Paul and in that you side with mainstream Christianity. :crackup:

Epoisses

Epoisses will be called "least" in the kingdom of heaven, according to his "messiah".

Those who are called least are still in the kingdom!! LOL

But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. Matt. 23:11

keypurr

I think most here will agree with obedience to God. There is not much more to add?

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Love Christ, keep commandments and he will love you

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Follow his example

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The seventh day was a shadow of resting in the finished work of Christ.

Yes, from the beginning the weekly Sabbath foreshadows the millennial Sabbath. With the Lord a day is as a thousand years, etc.