ECT Christ suffered and died to atone for the sins of believers.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not so. The list also includes all who do not know they are lost...not just those who reject the knowledge of the truth after it is presented to them.

In this, yours is once more the same old recurring pattern I often find in your posts - your concluding on a thing a bit too soon. It is why you are so often in the dark about so many areas, all the while concluding from said darkness (unawareness), that you know what you are talking about.

Note what the Apostle said about one majority within the unbelieving, as he wrote the following:

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Verse 17 being a summary of what he has just relating...

So then, the opportunity to believe, comes by presenting the opportunity to hear of the Lord's resurection; by the Word of God preached unto them by preachers sent to them; who do just that: preach the Word of God unto them.

Case in point, of others that could also be just as easily cited...

Romans 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: 15:21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

Here; I'll throw in another one, Lazy...

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

In other words, while you are busily distracted by your conclusions, you look right past the obvious in your haste.

Try punching holes in your conclusions BEFORE allowing them to be conclusions.

In other words, ask yourself questions along the line of 'am I off on this that I am concluding on - am I off on this in some way that I have failed to consider - what would be a good example of my being off on this?'

It is a question many a "Bible" student apparantly consistently fails to ask.

Basic Childhood Commonsense 101: BFORE crossing the street Straight Ahead; STOP; Look BOTH Ways; LISTEN...

Being that rightly dividing between the things that differ is a vital aspect of all areas of life.

I withheld certain verses and you make it plain that you are ignorant of them, as you are of most things.

LA

God's Truth

This is what I found( interesting):

Matthew 23:7 (NASB)
7 and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men.
Matthew 23:8 (NASB)
8 "But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers.
Matthew 26:25 (NASB)
25 And Judas, who was betraying Him, said, "Surely it is not I, Rabbi?" Jesus *said to him, "You have said it yourself."
Matthew 26:49 (NASB)
49 Immediately Judas went to Jesus and said, "Hail, Rabbi!" and kissed Him.
Mark 9:5 (NASB)
5 Peter *said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; let us make three tabernacles, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah."
Mark 11:21 (NASB)
21 Being reminded, Peter *said to Him, "Rabbi, look, the fig tree which You cursed has withered."
Mark 14:45 (NASB)
45 After coming, Judas immediately went to Him, saying, "Rabbi!" and kissed Him.
John 1:38 (NASB)
38 And Jesus turned and saw them following, and *said to them, "What do you seek?" They said to Him, "Rabbi (which translated means Teacher), where are You staying?"
John 1:49 (NASB)
49 Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."
John 3:2 (NASB)
2 this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
John 3:26 (NASB)
26 And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified, behold, He is baptizing and all are coming to Him."
John 4:31 (NASB)
31 Meanwhile the disciples were urging Him, saying, "Rabbi, eat."
John 6:25 (NASB)
25 When they found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, "Rabbi, when did You get here?"
John 9:2 (NASB)
2 And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"
John 11:8 (NASB)
8 The disciples *said to Him, "Rabbi, the Jews were just now seeking to stone You, and are You going there again?"

Are you kidding? Only Jesus can be called Rabbi, and those scriptures PROVE it that you are NOT to call anyone but Jesus 'Rabbi'.

God's Truth

It would be better if you would just focus on my original post. This discussion is off track.

Actually, it is not off track to teach that OUR SINS must be confessed and stopped. It is a sin to call another man 'Rabbi'. If you sin and call others 'Rabbi', then you need to stop it, according to Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

Peter hadn't been given the power of the holy spirit when he denied Jesus, he certainly didn't deny him once Jesus strengthened him.

Peter wasn't converted when he denied Jesus. He was still weak because he didn't have the power of the holy spirit, if we've got the spirit in our hearts, we'll be turning from wilful sin.

Luke 23

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Well, not quite, for even after Peter had the Holy Spirit, he still acted OUT OF LINE WITH THE TRUTH, because like the time he denied Jesus three times, there was a time after receiving the Holy Spirit that he again acted out of fear of the Jews.

Do you know what time I am speaking about?

God's Truth

I don't believe that Jesus ever sinned, and he came as an example for us to follow, and I certainly don't believe that it's ok to wilfully sin and think your going to heaven. The holy spirit should be stopping us from wilfully sinning. Our conscience should be in overdrive and we should be denying ourselves, Jesus taught us to deny ourselves we are to deny our flesh, Satan sins not Christ, so we should be denying Satan by stopping wilfully sinning.

Do you not believe Jesus when he said we must deny ourselves?

God does not force us to obey. King David had the Holy Spirit but still committed adultery and planned a murder.

Saul had the Holy Spirit and did not obey God when God told him to kill some people. After Saul did not obey, God took His Holy Spirit from Saul and gave him a demon.

What is the difference between David and Saul's disobedience?

The difference is confessing to God and repenting of the sin or sins.

God's Truth

Marhig,

It is an important question in light of GT condemning me and claiming to be as righteous as the Son of God.

It is deceitful to deny that He is God and demand perfection from the flesh of Gods children before they receive their full inheritance at the time they are changed per 1 Cor 15.

I have repeatedly told GT that I trust Gods ability to Love and save her as she is, but I will not tolerate being condemned because I speak honestly, nor tolerate the Grace of God being frustrated.

And Marhig,

I do not condemn my family of Arian theology. But I have to know If GT respects that we are not in the flesh as Christ was in the flesh.

Do you count Jesus the Son of God from the Father and a God?

Marhig,

Please do not believe what the people here say about me. I have not condemned anyone. However, they condemn me for saying we have to obey Jesus.

God's Truth

I claim the sacrifice of Jesus as the propitiation for my sins.

I admit my need for Jesus.

I pray for the Comforters guidance as I read Scripture, live my life and come across others.

I answer straight forward with:

The Holy Spirit dwells within me, and I am in the Holy Spirit.

Now please tell me, do you believe Jesus is YHWH?

So then, you say you have the Holy Spirit living inside you. Will you now believe the scriptures that say that Jesus is the Spirit?

marhig

God does not force us to obey. King David had the Holy Spirit but still committed adultery and planned a murder.

Saul had the Holy Spirit and did not obey God when God told him to kill some people. After Saul did not obey, God took His Holy Spirit from Saul and gave him a demon.

What is the difference between David and Saul's disobedience?

The difference is confessing to God and repenting of the sin or sins.

Yes your right, I've worded that wrong, we have freewill as Joshua said choose you this day who you serve.

We can't be forced to do anything it's all freewill. Jesus said

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

He laid his life down for God, and he could take it up again, he had free will but chose not his will but to do Gods will and live to please him. We must be a willing sacrifice not a forced once.

But, if we disobey, we can lose the spirit, Saul ended up with an evil spirit in his heart. We can't think that a can do whatever and God will just be ok with that. And we can't keep saying sorry and still do the same thing again either. God is merciful but he won't be mocked. That goes for me to, I have to be careful what I do before the living God also.

But I believe that for myself it's a must do, I don't believe that we can only believe and that's it, I believe it's a doing gospel and if I love God, then I will live it out and walk the walk. Talk us cheap.

God's Truth

Yes your right, I've worded that wrong, we have freewill as Joshua said choose you this day who you serve.

We can't be forced to do anything it's all freewill. Jesus said

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

He laid his life down for God, and he could take it up again, he had free will but chose not his will but to do Gods will and live to please him. We must be a willing sacrifice not a forced once.

But, if we disobey, we can lose the spirit, Saul ended up with an evil spirit in his heart. We can't think that a can do whatever and God will just be ok with that. And we can't keep saying sorry and still do the same thing again either. God is merciful but he won't be mocked. That goes for me to, I have to be careful what I do before the living God also.

But I believe that for myself it's a must do, I don't believe that we can only believe and that's it, I believe it's a doing gospel and if I love God, then I will live it out and walk the walk. Talk us cheap.

I agree, however, I want to stress how merciful God is, and patient.

marhig

Well, not quite, for even after Peter had the Holy Spirit, he still acted OUT OF LINE WITH THE TRUTH, because like the time he denied Jesus three times, there was a time after receiving the Holy Spirit that he again acted out of fear of the Jews.

Do you know what time I am speaking about?

Are you talking about when Peter ate with the Jews?

God's Truth

Are you talking about when Peter ate with the Jews?

Galatians 2:14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

Peter again acted out of fear. However, I believe that Peter was remorseful and repent of what he did.

marhig

If he explains to you what his beliefs are, be prepared to hear a strange belief that many here believe in, and that is that NO MATTER what they do as far as sins are concerned---it is NOT counted to God as a sin. He and many others here believe that they do NOT even have to confess sins after they are saved.
I don't agree with that teaching at all. That's not right, the Bible doesn't teach us that and that's not the teaching of Jesus

marhig

Galatians 2:14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

Peter again acted out of fear. However, I believe that Peter was remorseful and repent of what he did.
Yes, but what I mean is the difference between Peter before he received the spirit to after, he was a different person and as he strengthened he became a power house in God 2nd Peter shows how strong Peter became. But yes, when we know we sin, repentance is the way to go to God, and be forgiving others ourselves also. But I still believe we can't just sin and then think we can say sorry later and then carry on. Its true repentance that God wants. We say sorry and mean it try not to do it again.

popsthebuilder

Yes, I must admit; it is relieving to come across others who speak the truth.

Asking for forgiveness, and the self sacrifice of sin go together and are not to be taken lightly or often repeated. Through the self sacrifice of the Christ we are shown the way. Not that we are to go about seeking martyrdom exactly. But through his teaching and example we are shown the way. His selfless submission to the Will of GOD is what allowed his teachings and example to spread the world over. It is baffling how so many actually believe nonsensical doctrine such as the eternal GOD beggot himself who is eternal, sacrificed himself to himself to appease himself and that is why all are saved and can continue sinning freely.

The gift of salvation is freely available to all, but few will accept it.

Peace

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Yes, I must admit; it is relieving to come across others who speak the truth.

Asking for forgiveness, and the self sacrifice of sin go together and are not to be taken lightly or often repeated. Through the self sacrifice of the Christ we are shown the way. Not that we are to go about seeking martyrdom exactly. But through his teaching and example we are shown the way. His selfless submission to the Will of GOD is what allowed his teachings and example to spread the world over. It is baffling how so many actually believe nonsensical doctrine such as the eternal GOD beggot himself who is eternal, sacrificed himself to himself to appease himself and that is why all are saved and can continue sinning freely.

The gift of salvation is freely available to all, but few will accept it.

Peace

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

It is good to hear others speak the truth about coming to Christ, asking for forgiveness with all intent to stop sinning, and being cleaned by his blood. However, I believe that the Almighty Father can do anything that He wants, and that He came as a Man in the flesh and died for us.

I can prove that easily with scriptures, except that it is not easily seen by those who have chose to believe a teaching from a choice denomination, for most who have done that have made up their mind and are too stubborn to hear the truth.