The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

There are none.

There are none? I gave you scripture where Jesus says he will be our Father.

Show me the scripture where it says Jesus is love.

Show me the scripture where it says Jesus is God.

We know Jesus is God, and we know Jesus is love, but you know there is no scripture that says it that plainly, so stop saying no scripture says Jesus is God the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Modalists do not hold to my beliefs. I believe that there are three and the three exist all at the same time.

You are a modalist. Thanks for saying so. Check out the definition.

Modalism
Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons. According to Modalism, during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode. Thus, God does not exist as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time. Rather, He is one person and has merely manifested himself in these three modes at various times. Modalism thus denies the basic distinctiveness and coexistence of the three persons of the Trinity.

Modalism was condemned by Tertullian (c. 213, Tertullian Against Praxeas 1, in Ante Nicene Fathers, vol. 3). Also known as Sabellianism, it was condemned as heresy by Dionysius, bishop of Rome (c. 262).

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God (i.e., who God is). "Present day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus... modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." [1]

God's Truth

You are a modalist. Thanks for saying so. Check out the definition.

Modalism
Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons. According to Modalism, during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode. Thus, God does not exist as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time. Rather, He is one person and has merely manifested himself in these three modes at various times. Modalism thus denies the basic distinctiveness and coexistence of the three persons of the Trinity.

Modalism was condemned by Tertullian (c. 213, Tertullian Against Praxeas 1, in Ante Nicene Fathers, vol. 3). Also known as Sabellianism, it was condemned as heresy by Dionysius, bishop of Rome (c. 262).

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God (i.e., who God is). "Present day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus... modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." [1]

Modalists do not hold to my beliefs. I believe that there are three and the three exist all at the same time.

Apple7

BR and you have come across a real modalist in Rosenritter.

You both are afraid of the original languages.

No wonder you two are so confused...

btw....don't put too much effort into your studies...just keep recycling the same tired old arguments...

Apple7

Three modes at the same time?

How can each mode be exactly the same as the other (like you keep claiming) if there are three modes?!:crackup:

marhig

What is he?

He's not human, humans are not invisible. He's not an angel, he's above the angels, so what is he?
He's the son of the living God. As he said himself.

The apostles still called him the son of God and said that God was the God of Jesus even after the resurrection.

He's only above the angels because God exhalted him. God wouldn't have needed to exalt Jesus if Jesus was God himself. And God is the head of Christ. So he is above him as Christ is the head of us and is above us.

marhig

Jesus is love because Jesus is God.

We have the Spirit of God in us, but that does not make us love, it makes us having love in us.

Jesus is God in the flesh. Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God. Our blood does not take away the sins of the world, Jesus' blood does that.
God was manifest in the flesh through Jesus, that's totally different. Jesus isn't God but he had the spirit of God at full strength, because he never lived after his own will and was dead to the lusts of the flesh. He obeyed God completely and suffered to deny the temptations of this world and the persecutions of it, and he overcame it and Satan. And because he lived after the will of God denying himself, he was in the express image of God, and in the fullness of his spirit he poured out Gods love to all.

Apple7

God was manifest in the flesh through Jesus, that's totally different. Jesus isn't God but he had the spirit of God at full strength, because he never lived after his own will and was dead to the lusts of the flesh. He obeyed God completely and suffered to deny the temptations of this world and the persecutions of it, and he overcame it and Satan. And because he lived after the will of God denying himself, he was in the express image of God, and in the fullness of his spirit he poured out Gods love to all.

Scripture contradicts your interpretation of it...

προσδεχομενοι την μακαριαν ελπιδα και επιφανειαν της δοξης του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων χριστου ιησου

marhig

Scripture contradicts your interpretation of it...

προσδεχομενοι την μακαριαν ελπιδα και επιφανειαν της δοξης του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων χριστου ιησου

Well, you know I don't understand that, so can you write it in English please. Thank you

God's Truth

You haven't proved me wrong.

God's Truth

Three modes at the same time?

How can each mode be exactly the same as the other (like you keep claiming) if there are three modes?!:crackup:

God the Father lives in unapproachable light; God the Father made Himself a body, then gave up that body and came as a Man named Jesus.

God's Truth

You both are afraid of the original languages.

No wonder you two are so confused...

btw....don't put too much effort into your studies...just keep recycling the same tired old arguments...

You have too much pride in your study of Greek.

God does not tell anyone ever to learn Greek to know His Truth.

God always brought the message in the people's language.