ECT The Mystery: What and Why

heir

TOL Subscriber
Seems to me you are back pedaling.

The issue was over your two assertions against other MADs.
I'm not. The link is found on a so called MAD's website and is said to be "gospel". Did you click on the link? A perverted gospel is preached on it. If someone calling themselves or associated with "MAD" is holding up a perverted gospel, what should I think of them or say about them? What did Paul say?

Galatians 1:8-9 KJV! That's what!

Danoh

I'm not. The link is found on a so called MAD's website and is said to be "gospel". Did you click on the link? A perverted gospel is preached on it. If someone calling themselves or associated with "MAD" is holding up a perverted gospel, what should I think of them or say about them? What did Paul say?

That is one heck of a back pedal you have going there :chuckle:

musterion

There are still plenty of Calvinistic MADs around, that might explain it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That is one heck of a back pedal you have going there :chuckle:
The gospel preached on that link is a different gospel than that which Paul preached. I'm not afraid to call it like it is. I have to wonder why are you? Let them be as Paul writes!

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There are still plenty of Calvinistic MADs around, that might explain it.
The non-"Calvinistic" MADs who have this on their website as gospel truth are the ones that should explain it, but that's not going to happen. Now, is it? Let it be, then! Galatians 1:8-9 KJV!

I am set for the defence of the gospel!

heir

TOL Subscriber
How do you 'preach the cross as the power of God' but not uphold the Gospel?
They don't. That is the point. Ho about you? Are you preaching the cross as the power of God or do you put requirements in front of it as a stumbling block perverting it? What do you preach as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth?

Last edited:

Interplanner

They don't. That is the point. Ho about you? Are you preaching the cross as the power of God or do you put requirements in front of it as a stumbling block perverting it? What do you preach as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth?

Must you ask? My bad. When we do this, it means that "power" in this context is its portability, or transcultural-ness. Which I have been preaching about 40 years.

musterion

Must you ask? My bad. When we do this, it means that "power" in this context is its portability, or transcultural-ness. Which I have been preaching about 40 years.

You didn't answer her question.

What is the exact gospel you preach?

Someone asks you, "What must I do to be saved?"

What will you tell them?

Danoh

The non-"Calvinistic" MADs who have this on their website as gospel truth are the ones that should explain it, but that's not going to happen. Now, is it? Let it be, then! Galatians 1:8-9 KJV!

I am set for the defence of the gospel!

What "MADs" are those?

Have you contacted them about their error?

And as you and some MADs on TOL consistently prove; not all MADs are open to exploring the different understanding held by another MAD.

And I am well aware that...

There are "MADs" who believe in conditional blessing of one sort or another.

There are "MADs" who believe in healings, in one gift or another, in divine intervention in one form or another, and so on...

There are "MADs" who believe in a "sinner's prayer."

There are "MADs" who support the killing of human beings over what we are called to do - share the gospel of our salvation with them followed by our moving on to the Father's business this side of HIS Grace...

And on and on*

SOME within all those are intolerant of any conclusion but their own; as intolerant as you and some of yours are.

You just don't like hearing this fact.

You and yours sure like pointing fingers; though.
_________

* In one way or another, such are ALL ADDING TO the Cross by ANY of that.

And that is just one side of the coin you are ever in an uproar about.

An uproar I completely agree with as to that side of said coin.

In this such "MADs" are indeed "a mess."

Especially when such are addressed on these issues and they take issue rather than actually hearing out and seriously reflecting on the seriousness of their error.

Doesn't mean they are all aware of their error and as a result are to be right off concluded enemies one is to cut off without a fair exploring of the issues with them.

Its not like any of us - including you - woke up one day clear on the need for clarity on the FINISHED work of the Cross.

Danoh

You point at us all the time, Danoh.

I feel ya; ya got used to appearing right against others on all things all the time :chuckle:

You see that absolutely perfect list of criteria by Justin Johnson at the bottom of your signature - he is one of the very MADs heir takes issue with - on that other issue she takes issue with.

O yea, my bad in taking issue with another MAD - yep; its all me :chuckle:

Bro, none of us has a right to saying we have the last say on what is correct within MAD.

The Cross; that is another matter.

This two Mystery teaching?

Well, if Justin is an enemy of "the fellowship of the mystery" because he holds to one mystery, then so were O'Hair; Baker; Stam; Culp; Langey; Blades...so is Jordan; Sadler; Kurth; and countless others who do not hold to this two mystery teaching.

STP says only he, heir and Nick have it right (on TOL).

I find that cause for :rotfl:

And you are not even on their list :chuckle:

You're another who is not another :chuckle:

Sorry, bro, but like it or not, I find this whole thing hilarious...

The mark of oversimplification only surpassed by the 28ers :chuckle:

Now you know what I meant by my assertion that heir is back peddling; whether you are open to this fact, or not.

Remove that Justin based box :chuckle:

heir

TOL Subscriber
What "MADs" are those?
What difference does it make? After you tell somone the good news, do you tell them they need to do any of these things for salvation?

“repent that your sins may be wiped out and times of refreshing may come from the Lord”

"turn away from sin and turn to God”?

How about “desire to have nothing to do with sin”?

And let's not forget “confess and forsake your sins (repent) and trust in Jesus Christ” in order that “God will forgive you and you will pass from death to life”?

or the ever popular:

"Today with all your heart, turn away from sin, and surrender your life to Jesus Christ”

Then they give an example how to pray, “Dear God, today I turn from all my sins”. You are then asked to “(name them)”! And don’t forget to beg God to “forgive me”!

Is this what you tell people after telling them that salvation is a gift, Danoh? Will you call the above, what it is: a perverted gospel of Christ?

Have you contacted them about their error?
Yep.

And as you and some MADs on TOL consistently prove; not all MADs are open to exploring the different understanding held by another MAD.
There is no wiggle room when it comes to the gospel of our salvation! It is what it is (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and if it's any other gospel than that which Paul preached, let them be accursed (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV)! So be it!

musterion

Bro, none of us has a right to saying we have the last say on what is correct within MAD.

A day doesn't go by on TOL where you don't do so at least once. You're doing it now.

I don't argue with blindness or hypocrisy.

Goodbye.

Danoh

A day doesn't go by on TOL where you don't do so at least once. You're doing it now.

I don't argue with blindness or hypocrisy.

Goodbye.

Must be why you have not posted on my thread on what is the power of God unto salvation - the very issue heir is supposedly so up in arms about :chuckle:

I also post whenever I agree with any of threads by you and yours.

Some of you do not reciprocate that.

Yeah; I'm the hypocrite :chuckle:

Your goobye is no more than heir's closing a thread when things don't go her way :rotfl:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Must be why you have not posted on my thread on what is the power of God unto salvation - the very issue heir is supposedly so up in arms about :chuckle:
Is it any of these?

“repent that your sins may be wiped out and times of refreshing may come from the Lord”?

“desire to have nothing to do with sin”?

“confess and forsake your sins (repent) and trust in Jesus Christ” in order that “God will forgive you and you will pass from death to life”?

"Today with all your heart, turn away from sin, and surrender your life to Jesus Christ”?

Pray a prayer of turning from sins?

beg God to “forgive me”?

Danoh

Is it any of these?

“repent that your sins may be wiped out and times of refreshing may come from the Lord”?

“desire to have nothing to do with sin”?

“confess and forsake your sins (repent) and trust in Jesus Christ” in order that “God will forgive you and you will pass from death to life”?

"Today with all your heart, turn away from sin, and surrender your life to Jesus Christ”?

Pray a prayer of turning from sins?

beg God to “forgive me”?

Oy vey- Did I, or did I not, thank you as to your last post on that prior to this one :chuckle: