The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
About Israel ....

Isaiah 61:9-10 KJV
(9) And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
(10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Yes it is Israel
I know.
Check out the red.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Reformers never speak against believing and/or obeying God.

No . . the exact language of the Reformers, is "regeneration precedes faith." "Salvation" is the result of the whole package of miracles worked by God (alone):

regeneration (resurrection of sinners to new spiritual life), sanctification (holiness and obedience), and preservation (perseverance through the indwelling Holy Spirit that seals) of the believers unto everlasting life.

Romans 5:8

Guess what Nangster, you can't be saved until you've heard the Gospel and placed all your faith in Christ.

God's Truth

Galatians 3:16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

That is scripture.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why did you remove some of that scripture?!
Just happened that way.
Anyone can hover their mouse over it and read the whole thing.

Any other little nit picking thing you want to whine about, now that you have been told that neither of those scriptures cancel out the other?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Guess what Nangster, you can't be saved until you've heard the Gospel and placed all your faith in Christ.

Guess what GM . . multitudes hear the gospel message preached all their lives, and are never saved, because they do not comprehend what they are listening to.

Until one is born again from above, and is gifted with a new spiritual heart, mind, eyes, and ears . . they cannot understand the gospel message. I Corinthians 2:9-16

God's Truth

Guess what GM . . multitudes hear the gospel message preached all their lives, and are never saved, because they do not comprehend what they are listening to.

Until one is born again from above, and is gifted with a new spiritual heart, mind, eyes, and ears . . they cannot understand the gospel message. I Corinthians 2:9-16

God gives understanding to those who OBEY.

Want scripture references?

Status
Not open for further replies.