The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The scripture says SEED not seeds.

I posted exactly what the scripture says.

About Israel ....

Isaiah 61:9-10 KJV
(9) And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
(10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Ain't no way ' their they them' is singular.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Awwwww... @Grosnick...,

Let up! It took her "all that time" to learn that fancy doctrine. I'm sure her faith is only split 70/30.

#Bad [MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

"Fancy doctrine?"

Not . . .

Then please explain to me what Deut. 29:4; Matthew 11::15, 13:9, 43; Mark 4:23, 7:16; Luke 8:8, 14:35; and Romans 11:8 is teaching.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Just happened that way.
Anyone can hover their mouse over it and read the whole thing.

Any other little nit picking thing you want to whine about, now that you have been told that neither of those scriptures cancel out the other?

You took off part of the scripture, the part that tells us about doing righteous acts you took that away.

God's Truth

I posted exactly what the scripture says.

Ain't no way ' their they them' is singular.

So then you are arguing what Paul says?

Galatians 316 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Mark 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

Except for Corinthians, the rest was written for the House of Israel.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You took off part of the scripture, the part that tells us about doing righteous acts you took that away.
Hello, is this thing on??????

Put the mouse over the scripture and the whole thing shows up.
It does that every time a scripture book and verse are posted whether or not the whole verse is typed out or not.
No one was trying to deliberately 'hide' anything, you little paranoid troll.

So if you are through nit picking, can you now acknowledge the truth that I told you --- that neither of those scriptures cancels out the other????
Or do we have to hear some more of your paranoid nit picking instead?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Calvinists have a bad habit of seeing Scripture through the eyes of John Calvin.

Why would you or EE argue against a Scripture quote; claiming it is commentary (from Calvin or whoever?)

While demanding Scripture is the only way to contribute to this thread?

I agree . . such disputation should be based on Holy Scripture alone, but then when contributors such as myself or GT and others carefully respond by posting Holy Scriptures alone, the opposers deny the argument, and claim it is mere human commentary!

Weird and perverted . . go figure . .

What is the point of even having a site like TOL, under these circumstances?

God's Truth

Why would you or EE argue against a Scripture quote; claiming it is commentary (from Calvin or whoever?)

I agree . . such disputation should be based on Holy Scripture alone, but then when contributors such as myself or GT and others carefully respond by posting Holy Scriptures alone, the opposers deny the argument, and claim it is mere human commentary!

That is for sure.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

I've given up on any meaningful Calvinist OP address with Scripture and direct OP address about 200 posts back.

Would you like to be the first?

Status
Not open for further replies.