question for MADIsts.

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

I'm aware of the teaching that "and also to the Greek" there refers to those Gentiles that had blessed Israel.

It is not my understanding, but I am aware of it.

I was asking about your sense of verse 17's "to the Jew first..." which I believe you did answer.

So just to be clear your understanding is that verse 16's "to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" refers to both.

That in your understanding, the word "also" is qualified by the understanding on your part, that these Greeks are Gentiles who, because they had blessed Israel, per Genesis 12, as had been the case in Acts 10, as to Cornelius, are blessed WITH said believing Jews.

If I am not mistaken, it is also what STP is often pointing to as to his sense of Galatians 3.

Is that about right?

It is not my understanding - but is that about right?

I was just curious about your sense of "to the Jew first."

Just being curious about how another sees a thing.

Thanks, RD.
Sounds correct.

Before Christ called Paul, there were two groups of people. Those in the covenants of promise (believing Jews and Gentiles) and the rest (unbelieving Jews and "far off" Gentiles). Paul explains this in Eph 2

God's Truth

Let's see what ya got here.

Your definition of "repent" is "stop sinning".

That is what Jesus says.

By your own definition, it only has to be done once.

If you stop sinning then you do not have to keep repenting. If anyone does sin, they can find mercy and forgiveness.

Because once you have repented (stopped sinning), there would be no more sins to repent of.
If you have stopped sinning, then what sins do you think you should repent of?

Of course the rest of us know your definition is bogus.
But we also know how you like to hang on to lies.

1 John 3:6
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

YOU say you keep sinning.

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin;

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

YOU keep saying you sin.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

lifeisgood

That is what Jesus says.

If you stop sinning then you do not have to keep repenting. If anyone does sin, they can find mercy and forgiveness.

If you have stopped sinning, then what sins do you think you should repent of?

1 John 3:6
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin;

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

YOU keep saying you sin.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

You sin every day and don't even know about it.

See...you just sinned.

KingdomRose

Yep, to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV) there is still hope until that person dies or the church, the BoC is caught up (whichever comes first)! Time is running out for the lost (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV)!

Yes it is, especially those that teach nonsense.

Jesus said, through John: "'I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown. He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my new name.'" (Revelation 3:11,12, NASB)

Who is Jesus' God? (Shouldn't you be teaching this truth?)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Jesus said, through John: "'I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown. He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my new name.'" (Revelation 3:11,12, NASB)

Jesus is God you Jehova heretic

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jesus is God. You should believe the truth. The spirit lives on after death. Where will your's be?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Time is running out for those whose minds are corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV). Salvation is simple, free (Romans 3:24 KJV) and the gift of God (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV). Why not trust the Lord believing IT today and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)?

heir

TOL Subscriber

God the father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

God's Truth

It was not revealed that when Christ was dying, He was dying "for our sins" until revealed to and through Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV)! Trust the Lord believing Paul's gospel and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Jesus is the LAMB. John the baptizer announced it.

The people knew what the lambs were for.

God's Truth

It is so sad that people refuse to believe the truth.

There was a temple and animals brought to it, and animals sacrificed all the time...it is what separated the Jews from everyone else.

lifeisgood

It is so sad that people refuse to believe the truth.

There was a temple and animals brought to it, and animals sacrificed all the time...it is what separated the Jews from everyone else.

The Jews had an alter and sacrificed animals believing in the one to come --- the Redeemer Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary.

The world also had an altar and sacrificed animals, but the object of their faith was not the Redeemer and His work to come.