Justification and salvation by Jesus Christ, not the Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Amen. How do I get more faith?
You also don't need more faith to be saved. You only need faith. The following passage contains Jesus' reply when the apostles asked Him to increase their faith. At least verse 6 and possibly through verse 10.

Luke 17:1-10 NASB - 1 He said to His disciples, "It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come! 2 "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3 "Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. 4 "And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him." 5 The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" 6 And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea'; and it would obey you. 7 "Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, 'Come immediately and sit down to eat'? 8 "But will he not say to him, 'Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink'? 9 "He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he? 10 "So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.'"

Epoisses

We get more faith by falling on our face a hundred times and eventually realizing we are going down the wrong path.

You're going down the wrong path Jacob. And unless you do a U-turn terrible things will happen to you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 2

23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?

It is my study all the day. Learning God's Law can have import in your life. Even when I am not engaged in Torah study (I can't say I do every day) I am thinking about the right thing to do. Mostly or usually I am sharing the gospel.

To boast in the Law is different than talking about or discussing the Law. Not everyone spends time studying the Law. Anyone can. But salvation is not in the Law, it is in Jesus. The Law came from God to the nation of Israel. The world is accountable to God because of God's Law.

You may be observing it without trying to. There may be something you have to work at. But the point is not to make people obedient to the Law, but that we would obey God in faith. That is, salvation is by faith, not the works of the Law.

If a person baosts in the Law it makes sense that they would observe it. A person who observes the Law should not be penalized when they do or in that they do. Note, as Romans 8:1-4 NASB reveals that there is something the Law cannot do. It cannot save a person. What it could not do, weak as it was in the flesh, God did sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin He condemned sin the flesh, in order that the requirement of the Law would be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

It is my belief that those who walk according to the Spirit do obey God's commands. This may mean, and likely in most or maybe all cases, that there is a command they don't observe (for example, circumcision) or one they struggle with or find difficulty with (remember Jesus taught the true intent of the Law, and no one is perfect). But what we cannot do in the flesh either Jesus did (He did) or if God wants us to observe it we can in the Spirit. I don't know that I totally understand this, but I do know that an uncircumcised man may be one who rightly judges a circumcised man who observes the Law, maybe through his own obedience to God's commands. If an uncircumcised man observes the Law, that will help the circumcised man who does not, to know what it is that God really wants him to do in any given area. This may be in our life here and now, and I don't know about in the judgment to come.

The following verses have the word uncircumcised in them, in Romans.

Romans 2:26 NASB - So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision?

Romans 2:27 NASB - And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law?

Romans 3:30 NASB - since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Romans 4:9 NASB - Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, "FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS."

Romans 4:10 NASB - How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised;

Romans 4:11 NASB - and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,

Romans 4:12 NASB - and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.

This is just an example of how it is not true that only those who are circumcised keep the Law, even if sometimes a person might be found to have not done so.

None of us should break God's Law. This includes those who are circumcised who you would think either keep the Law or want to keep the Law, and those who are uncircumcised whether they obey God's commands found in the Law or not. If a person is circumcised and has chosen to not keep the Law, that does not make sense. But salvation is not found in the Law it is found in faith in God through Jesus Christ. It may be that this person is saved. It may also be that an uncircumcised man, not expected to keep the Law, either does or does not. And he may be saved either way, by faith in God in Jesus. Salvation is only found in Jesus. It is not found in the Law, whether a person observes the Law or not.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We get more faith by falling on our face a hundred times and eventually realizing we are going down the wrong path.

You're going down the wrong path Jacob. And unless you do a U-turn terrible things will happen to you.
I do not want to sin. If you believe there is any thing in which I sin I say it is okay for you to tell me what it is. I don't know what you mean by going down the wrong path. May God help all of us to be going down the right path. Shalom.

beloved57

I know that Jesus kept the Law perfectly and that I have not done so myself. Jesus is my only salvation. I am saved by God in Jesus Christ.
Who do you believe Christ kept the law perfectly for and what resulted from it ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Who do you believe Christ kept the law perfectly for and what resulted from it ?
Israel and all mankind including me. Salvation to all who call upon the name of the LORD (YHVH).

Matthew 15:24 NASB - But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

John 4:22 NASB - "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Acts 5:31 NASB - "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

1 John 2:2 NASB - and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Hebrews 9:28 NASB - so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

John 1:12 NASB - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

Acts 2:39 NASB - "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."

beloved57

Israel and all mankind including me. Salvation to all who call upon the name of the LORD (YHVH).

Matthew 15:24 NASB - But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

John 4:22 NASB - "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Acts 5:31 NASB - "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

1 John 2:2 NASB - and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

Hebrews 9:28 NASB - so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

John 1:12 NASB - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

Acts 2:39 NASB - "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."
Are you saying that even after Christ has kept the law for someone they still must do something to be Justified before God ? Yes or no?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

No. I am promoting what the Bible says, justification by faith.

We are justified by the blood of Jesus, who died for us.
No you are promoting Justification by works of the law, what the scripture teaches against.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk