What Dictates What You Believe?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God didn't have to repent of sins
God repented.

YOU say "repent" means to stop sinning.
And because you like to wallow in falsehoods, you blaspheme God with your falsehood.

blah blah blah
Foolish woman creates another strawman to attack.
Pay attention.
I never argued that folks were not told to repent.
Your blasphemous definition of "repent" is what is flat wrong.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm with GT.
GT says the definition of "repent" is to stop sinning.

God repented.

She blasphemes God by hanging on to her false definition after being told numerous times that it is not the definition of "repent".
She loves this lie and delights in spreading it over and over.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have always allowed the Bible to call into question what I believe. The Bible is the only accurate source of information for the Christian. I allow the Bible to dictate what I believe and you should to.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16.

All cults have one thing in common, they all have writings other than the Bible. They all place their writings over the Bible. This is where they go wrong and this is what causes them to believe doctrine that is contrary to the scriptures. What they do is they place man's word over God's word. They pervert the scriptures with the word of man.

It is very difficult to reach people that are into writings other than the Bible with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Calvinist have the Canons of Dort as their source of information because it supports predestination. The Bible does not support predestination. The Bible supports the doctrine of justification by faith apart from the works of the law. If you believe in justification by faith you will not believe in Calvinism.

The Catholic religion does NOT allow the Bible to dictate what they believe. The Catholic church is their source of authority and information and not the Bible. The biggest problem with the Catholic church is that there is nothing in the New Testament that resembles Catholicism and then there are many, many scriptures that are contrary to the Catholic religion.

The main reason that we should let the Bible dictate what we believe is because the Holy Spirit is present in the scriptures. Like 2nd Timothy says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God". When the apostles wrote the Bible they were being inspired by the Holy Spirit. I believe the Bible and I believe all of it. If there is a scripture that I don't understand it is probably because I have not studied it enough.

Whatever you feed your spirit with will dictate what you believe.

God's Truth

I see you are trying to bring others down with you on a lower level. That's not going make up for the loss of forfeiting your soul.

I am not trying to be rude. I am serious about Oprah's new age teaching.

You say some of the things that she teaches. Please look it up and tell me what you think.

God's Truth

You are claiming to be holy and without sin in the flesh. Paul says that... "There is none righteous, no, not one" Are you calling Paul a liar?

Christians are made perfect and holy.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Jesus makes us holy and perfect---and then we live up to that.
2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Colossians 1:10
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

Colossians 2:6
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,

1 Thessalonians 2:12
encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

1 Thessalonians 4:1
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

God's Truth

God repented.

YOU say "repent" means to stop sinning.
And because you like to wallow in falsehoods, you blaspheme God with your falsehood.

Foolish woman creates another strawman to attack.
Pay attention.
I never argued that folks were not told to repent.
Your blasphemous definition of "repent" is what is flat wrong.

We are told to repent of our sins. That means we are to stop sinning.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thats fair and more accurate. Thank you.

We are to to repent, and that is about our having to stop sinning. How is it you let her confuse you?

JonahofAkron is another in a long list of folks here at TOL that have graciously given you the correct definition of the word "repent".
The word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning".
The very fact that scripture tells us that GOD repents should make it obvious the word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning".

But once again, YOU choose to cling to a lie that blasphemes GOD..
Not only do you cling to that lie that blasphemes GOD, you sink your teeth deep into that lie with pride and gusto!
You love that lie so much, you repeat it over and over and over and over.

God's Truth

JonahofAkron is another in a long list of folks here at TOL that have graciously given you the correct definition of the word "repent".
The word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning".
The very fact that scripture tells us that GOD repents should make it obvious the word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning".

But once again, YOU choose to cling to a lie that blasphemes GOD..
Not only do you cling to that lie that blasphemes GOD, you sink your teeth deep into that lie with pride and gusto!
You love that lie so much, you repeat it over and over and over and over.

When the Bible tells humans to 'repent', it is about our stop doing our sins.

Way back in 1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

That is about REPENTING OF SINS.

You say we are only to have a change of heart about God. God says we are to have a change of heart about SIN.

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land wherethey are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Job 34:33 Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent? You must decide, not I; so tell me what you know.

What does Job say?

He says to REPENT of evilness.

Proverbs 1:23Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

That scripture proves God gives understanding to those who obey.

Here, this scripture is going to explain it to you in the most simplest form yet.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Repent of their what?

Repent of their wickedness!

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

More scripture about repenting from our SINS:

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Do I have to post all the scriptures from Revelations again?

The scriptures that PLAINLY say to REPENT OF THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS, THE WORKS OF YOUR DEEDS, THE THINGS THAT YOU DO?

God's Truth

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them.

Did you read that scripture?

Do you think the person has to repent what they did to us, or merely believe we exist?

God's Truth

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Even if they do what to us? Even if they SIN AGAINST YOU SEVEN TIMES and say I REPENT!!!

God's Truth

We humans are to repent of our SINS. There is NO getting around that, ever.

Revelation 9:21 20The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

Repent of their what?

That's right, believe and obey what the Word says.

God's Truth

Tambora used an Old Testament scripture about God repenting, as translated by the KJV.

So I have used scriptures from the Old and New Testament that show we humans have to repent of sins. God does not have to repent of sins, we do.

The scriptures I gave plainly tell us we have to repent of our sins.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora used an Old Testament scripture about God repenting, as translated by the KJV.

So I have used scriptures from the Old and New Testament that show we humans have to repent of sins. God does not have to repent of sins, we do.

The scriptures I gave plainly tell us we have to repent of our sins.
Once again, foolish woman.
Not a single person has argued against that the bible tells folks to repent.

The same word is used no matter whom it is speaking of (God or man).

We all see that you like to hang on dearly to your lies, but once again, foolish woman, the definition of the word "repent" does NOT mean stop sinning.