ECT Comments from an ex-charismatic preacher

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I can't see what people see in these characters? I guess people are led by greed and want to see signs and wonders, even if they're phony wonders.

I can't see what people see in these characters? I guess people are led by greed and want to see signs and wonders, even if they're phony wonders.

It's ear tickling. We have consciousness of guilt and fears. People want to have their cake and eat it, too, be a friend of the world and a friend of God, at the same time. A watered-down gospel accommodates this, relieves fears of the unrepentant, without having to actually walk the walk, surrender to the Lord, in true repentance. People will pay to have somebody tell them they're saved by, in essence, being just who they are, and sin or hell? Ruin the party? We just won't talk about that. Actually repent, or be damned? We just won't talk about that. People will apparently pay a lot, for rose colored glasses that help them sleep or offer greater carnal rewards, health and wealth, to those who "sow that seed." It does prove a one thing, people either don't read the Bible, or, if they do, don't understand it. I fear these charlatans is all they are able to understand. It's like that commercial, "Got milk?", "Got the Holy Spirit?"

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

If that were the truth (and it's not) then why don't these "preachers" spend their time sending out $100.00 to the rest of the so called preachers and get their hundred fold from each?

The obvious question nobody seems to ask. If Creflo needs a $64 million jet, why doesn't he donate $640,000? Why does he need, often poor people, to send him $10 or $20? Why don't they just give money away like crazy to the Lord's work, then buyout Trump? What they're teaching doesn't work for them?

musterion

The obvious question nobody seems to ask. If Creflo needs a $64 million jet, why doesn't he donate $640,000? Why does he need, often poor people, to send him $10 or $20? Why don't they just give money away like crazy to the Lord's work, then buyout Trump? What they're teaching doesn't work for them?

Ponzi schemes work only when you can fool OTHER people into putting their money in.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You've had that question answered by cessationists many times in the past. I have no patience for your disingenuousness.

Why on earth would I listen to a cessationist who can't give a scrap of scripture to back his doctrine up?

Would you accept the lesson from an unbeliever that there is no such thing as God and that all Christian leaders were just making money out of fools?

I have personally witnessed scores of miracles, have heard hundreds, thousands of testimonies, I have RECIEVED healing, I have prayed for others and seen them healed. I speak in tongues and have given interpretation.

I experience the manifested Presence of the Holy Spirit every single day of my life.

Now between my experience and yours which of us is bible? aw you can call me liar, well aren't you big.

...I ain't swapping with you anytime soon

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Jesus never emptied a hospital.....once he pulled one guy out of hundreds and healed him at Bethsaida and passed by the others

He never once healed an amputee

There were only three instances when He raised a dead person...Paul only one...Peter only one

All these cranky things people say

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
All over the world God is moving with mighty power, MILLIONS are being saved, in China, in Africa and other continents and it's all Pentecostal.

While the western church is giving over their cities and states to the homos and trannies and peodophiles...and they dare not chirp for fear of political correctness.

And there is worse to come.....unbelief comes with a price tag my friends

Jesus never emptied a hospital.....once he pulled one guy out of hundreds and healed him at Bethsaida and passed by the others

Maybe less time babbling and rolling in the aisles, and more time spiritually studying scripture, would throw some light on the subject.

Wrong. The Lord healed all who came to Him:

Matthew 4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

Matthew 8

14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.
15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.
16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick.

Matthew 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all.

Luke 6

17 And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;
18 And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.
19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

He never once healed an amputee

And how do you know an amputee was never healed? Answer: you don't. What of the man with a withered hand?

Matthew 12

10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

This is restoring missing tissue to normal. What is your point? Sounds to me like an excuse why charismatic frauds can't really heal. Are you claiming the Lord could not have healed an amputee? Wrong again, your God not the God of the Bible, rather your God, then, impotent in the face of some maladies. And, again, you don't know any such thing, that the Lord did not heal any amputee, ever:

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

The point is, anybody with the gift of healing is going to heal Christians, period, not an isolated Christian here or there, and why? God is not a respecter of persons, that's why:

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

Either all who come in faith of the Lord Jesus are healed by your purported healers, or you're serving a God who is a respecter of persons, who is partial to some, and this is not the God of the Bible. Your claims do not comport with scripture, just as your purported healers are frauds. But I'd never insist on amputees, would be content with bona fide Christians hopping out of wheelchairs, or blind getting sight that really are afflicted, instead of healthy plants in the audience and fakery, instead of lying and shameful circus shows, some carnival barker, whipping the crowd into an emotional frenzy that has zero to do with spirituality.

Common sense should tell you there's no healing going on to any scale you claim, lame, blind or deaf, and the like, restored, or you'd hear about this, a lot, from even the unbelieving world that knows people seeming so intractably afflicted, but were restored. It would be in the news, somewhere, every day. In fact, looking at your posts, how they don't jive with scripture, I wonder if you say much of anything true. And you do have charlatans that will lineup behind your remarks scripture refutes.

As to your claims of millions this and that Pentecostals are spawning in China or whatever, big numbers of anything, when narrow is the gate that few find is the scripture truth, is a good recommendation for nothing, even indicates something worldly going on. There are mega churches, filled to the rafters, and charlatans that can fill stadiums you don't even get the true gospel from. Show me something the world is chasing after in droves, and that's already got one, big strike against it, as churches of the whole gospel and faithful to the Bible are not chased after by the world, do not pack in the large crowds frauds do. So maybe you should not use popularity in the world as a talking point.

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 15

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.