ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnet

That's the gospel of God (Romans 1:1-4 KJV):

Acts 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

not the gospel of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV.

Same Gospel. Have no idea where you are getting this from.

Cross Reference

Romans 1:14-17
I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,e just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Amen! You nailed it. That should settle the issue but, I won't hold my breath given the mindset on this forum, i.e., no one believes they can be wrong..

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Romans 1:14-17
I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,e just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Faith... the noun... the thing believed.

What thing believed? How? Out of man's own hearing (the verb)? By means of man's own Word (Rhema)?

There aren't a whole lot of options here.

Wick Stick

And, the other Stooge shows up. Now, all three of us are together, at last. I have dibs on being Moe. You two can fight over the other two parts of the trio.
Mgi0AwC.gif

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Same Gospel. Have no idea where you are getting this from.

This is what happens when extreme Mid-Acts DisPUKEsationalism is layered on top of Arminianism to avoid God's sovereignty and establish man's with no awareness whatsoever of Hamartiology or Soteriology, among other things.

It's an epidemic, especially on TOL.

Sonnet

Look and live. And if they do so, it means that by grace God gave them faith and granted them repentance, to believe and repent.

Since you have already explained that only those God chooses to restore will do so (believe) then you have the same charge of disingenuity levelled at you. Where does this leave your claim that all have access...?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since you have already explained that only those God chooses to restore will do so (believe) then you have the same charge of disingenuity levelled at you. Where does this leave your claim that all have access...?

Don't listen to PPS unless you want to know about verbs and nouns. He's got a healthy supply of them in his storage unit.

Cross Reference

This is what happens when extreme Mid-Acts DisPUKEsationalism is layered on top of Arminianism to avoid God's sovereignty and establish man's with no awareness whatsoever of Hamartiology or Soteriology, among other things.

It's an epidemic, especially on TOL.

What is it with the God's sovereignty thing? What does that have to do with anything? What do you think you know about it that you believe rules Him?

Sonnet

No... YOU don't know the answer. I'm perpetually communing with God from time into timelessness "before" the divine utterance to create, and proving what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God as exhorted.

I'm hypostatically translated into the Christ, having put Him on by the faith God gave me. Living and moving and having my being in Christ; seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, while I yet physically live in this corrupt mortal body (awaiting, to wit, the resurrection to be clothed upon with immortality and incorruptability).

The answer is to die. Reckon oneself crucified with Christ.

The reason many are unsaved is because God has no communion with them in His foreknowledge in timelessness. You still conceive a time-constrained God, and that election is Deistic and/or Deterministic.

That does not answer the question. It's no shame - nobody appears to have any clue as to how to resolve this issue.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

This is a time-based superimposition from lack of understanding. I'm not disingenuous in the least.

"When" did the timeless God do this choosing?

Status
Not open for further replies.