Utah gay man faked being victim of hate attacks

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You all keep getting hung up on irrelevancies like "should" and "deserve".

This is the world....Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it.

You cannot cite the example of the Holocaust Reparations and apply the same metrics (for lack of a better word) to the possibility of reparations to either gays or blacks. You are comparing apples to oranges.

:comeout:

TracerBullet

I know that I have read of dozens of such cases in the past 5 years:

• The woman who faked the guys carving "lesbian" into her stomach and allowed college vigils to be held for her;
  • the guy who said he was beaten by bigots outside a gay bar but webcam proved his wounds were self inflicted;
  • the waitress who got an anti-lesbian message on her bill, but was proven she wrote it herself;
  • the gay dads who were harrassed only they did it themselves;
  • the college lesbian who was caught writing anti-gay slurs in her dorm via webcam after reporting them as crimes;
  • the lesbian couple who were found to have spray painted their own garage door with anti-gay threats after reporting it to police as a crime
And I could go on to name more. Google them. All documented. The joke is on the two of you, and it's coming from gays who know your guilt and how it makes you gullible ;)

and how many instances of the reverse are there?

GFR7

and how many instances of the reverse are there?
Of course there should be NO staged attacks at all, true?
BUT: When gays are truly attacked in hate crimes, I find it deplorable of course. I would never harm any of them, and I would fight to stop harm to them if I saw it occurring. My son has a gay male couple as his friends, and I would never want to see them attacked in any way.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BUT: When gays are truly attacked in hate crimes, I find it deplorable of course. I would never harm any of them, and I would fight to stop harm to them if I saw it occurring. My son has a gay male couple as his friends, and I would never want to see them attacked in any way.

So ... you are against homosexuals receiving the death penalty or forced conversion therapy or prison sentences?

TracerBullet

You routinely attack gays, it's almost a daily occurrence here. Just because the attacks aren't physical doesn't make them acceptable

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My son has a gay male couple as his friends, and I would never want to see them attacked in any way.

You routinely attack gays, it's almost a daily occurrence here. Just because the attacks aren't physical doesn't make them acceptable

Have your son's gay friend's ever read any of your posts on TOL ... you know, the ones where you go on about not really wanting to be married because of love?

I ask because I find it highly unlikely they would ever speak to you or even want to be in the same room with you IF they knew how much disdain you have for gays.

GFR7

Have your son's gay friend's ever read any of your posts on TOL ... you know, the ones where you go on about not really wanting to be married because of love?

I ask because I find it highly unlikely they would ever speak to you or even want to be in the same room with you IF they knew how much you despise gays.
They are very aware of my views on same sex marriage, yes, and they (although sharing an apartment the last 5 years) have no desire at all to wed.

I'll have you know that one of them, Bryan, has been my son's friend since they were 11. He had dinner and slept over our house countless times (too many to count) and when he came out as a gay teen, he accompanied our family on shore vacations and to many a Bed and Breakfast - at MY expense. I paid for airfare for him and his partner when there was a European symposium at which I was a keynote speaker, AND I put them up in a five star hotel, and paid for all their meals and drinks (their bar tab was astronomical :jawdrop: ) I also wrote a letter to the Judge presiding over the trial of the criminal who attacked Bryan several years ago, plus had an attorney friend of mine consult with him free of charge. He and his partner consider me and my son family. So I think I know better than you how they feel.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They are very aware of my views on same sex marriage, yes, and they (although sharing an apartment the last 5 years) have no desire at all to wed.

I'll have you know that one of them, Bryan, has been my son's friend since they were 11. He had dinner and slept over our house countless times (too many to count) and when he came out as a gay teen, he accompanied our family on shore vacations and to many a Bed and Breakfast - at MY expense. I paid for airfare for him and his partner when there was a European symposium at which I was a keynote speaker, AND I put them up in a five star hotel, and paid for all their meals and drinks (their bar tab was astronomical :jawdrop: ) I also wrote a letter to the Judge presiding over the trial of the criminal who attacked Bryan several years ago, plus had an attorney friend of mine consult with him free of charge. He and his partner consider me and my son family. So I think I know better than you how they feel.

What you just stated as compared to what you post here ... on TOL ... do not coincide.

IF you believe that being gay is a choice (aka not born that way), a sin, and self destruction, why would you finance their *sin*?

Seriously, you put them up in a hotel room and paid for the trip. What did you think would be happening in that hotel room?

shagster01

An ex-Marine was jumped by 3 guys in a bathroom of a local bar where I live because they thought he was gay. He put all three in the hospital. He's not gay, but they targeted him because they thought he was.

It happens.

GFR7

What you just stated as compared to what you post here ... on TOL ... do not coincide.

IF you believe that being gay is a choice (aka not born that way), a sin, and self destruction, why would you finance their *sin*?

Seriously, you put them up in a hotel room and paid for the trip. What did you think would be happening in that hotel room?
I wasn't born yesterday and my beef with the gay agenda is with advocacy and not with them. My son is on the autism spectrum and has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals since he lost his other parent. I am grateful to these two for their kindness and friendship to my son.

Granite

Hall of Fame

What you're really saying is: "Shouldn't people be honest?"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, so these are no big deal?

Making the citizens in your area subject to questioning and arrest is no big deal?

Allowing colleges to hold candle-lit vigils for something that never happened is no big deal?

Wasting law enforcement's time is no big deal?

Lying to media and the public is no big deal?

Nice to know. I say 10 years in prison for anyone who pulls this crap.

Liberalism is a lie in itself. Therefore, it should surprise no one that Liberals lie to perpetuate their Liberalism.

"Hands up, don't shoot" was a lie, and look at the trouble it caused.

The guy who lied to police with "Hands up, don't shoot" didn't get charged for anything.

There are still thousands of Liberals right now today who actually believe "Hands up, don't shoot" is a true story.

Part of being a Liberal, is being a victim.

Quincy

An ex-Marine was jumped by 3 guys in a bathroom of a local bar where I live because they thought he was gay. He put all three in the hospital. He's not gay, but they targeted him because they thought he was.

It happens.

In high school, a friend of mine (female) who was bisexual was getting dragged into a bathroom by two other girls who were part of a very prejudiced clique. They had already wrote her name with derogatory comments on the wall and I believe they were planning to write on her face, as well. Luckily I was there, I ran over and grabbed the two girls and threw them down the hall.

They got into a lot of trouble, I figured I would as well but no. Even their little clique never messed me. People talk a big talk but never back it up, especially today on the internet.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Since the supreme court decision on same sex marriage, incidents of violent attacks on gay people have been increasing . This is appalling and despicable !