User Tag List

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334

Thread: Discussion - Enyart vs. Ask Mr Religion (One on One)

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    I had almost forgoten about this one on one going on. I just skimmed through most of it, actually taking the time to read Bob's full posts and AMR's responses thereafter.

I'm encouraged to find out that my long standing opinion of AMR was dead on correct. It's been years since I've had any direct correspondence with him as he has done me the great favor of completely ignoring me, no matter what I say (its been some source of fun trying to goad him into saying something to me). Its been so long since I've had to deal with him directly that I had begun to wonder whether I had over reacted to him back when he first showed up here on TOL. This one on one has reassured me that he is as despicable a person as I have ever come across.

I still have a very difficult time believing that he is or has ever been a professor of anything in any school of any sort. I think he lies through his teeth and does not actually believe half of what he claims to believe but rather simply spouts it because that's what he's always done. He's nothing but an expert at spouting a doctrine that resides in his head and hasn't touched his heart since he was much younger, if it ever did at all. I wouldn't be half surprised to find out one day that he no longer considers himself a Christian.

That's all complete speculation, of course, but I've grown to trust my intuition in such things. Whether I'm even close to being right about that at all or not, the fact is that I have exactly zero respect for AMR as a human being and believe strongly that men such as Jeffery Dahmer and Hitler will have a better time of it in Hell than the likes of AMR who makes it his hobby to blaspheme the God of Justice.

Resting in Him,
    Clete
    You seem to love yourself, and have no respect for the Lord or man.

LA

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,558 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    You seem to love yourself, and have no respect for the Lord or man.

LA
    I love the Lord with my very life. This is what gives the love I have for myself meaning and I love my neighbor as I love myself.

In fact, it is my doctrine (i.e. free will) that gives anything I do meaning. AMR and those who agree with him can't complain about anything. If he doesn't like what I have to say, the only reason he has to read it, according to his doctrine, is because God predestined that he read what I wrote.
    Last edited by Clete; November 30th, 2015 at 01:02 PM.
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

Tambora (September 5th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,891 Times in 5,278 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have a very difficult time believing that he is or has ever been a professor of anything in any school of any sort. I think he lies through his teeth and does not actually believe half of what he claims to believe but rather simply spouts it because that's what he's always done. He's nothing but an expert at spouting a doctrine that resides in his head and hasn't touched his heart since he was much younger, if it ever did at all. I wouldn't be half surprised to find out one day that he no longer considers himself a Christian.

Resting in Him,
    Clete
    Sounds like more than one TOL member. The former king of posting the robot himself.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,558 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Sounds like more than one TOL member. The former king of posting the robot himself.
    I'm not following you here.
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,891 Times in 5,278 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not following you here.
    godrulz, the king of obfuscation.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Thread Information