ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There isn't a when in the past, present and future happening at the same time. Time was created so you can boast about your salvation forgetting when, how, why and what of God. The problem with arminians is that they should never been behind times to begin with. They think they create salvation and invented man made free will that don't even exist

Your inability to articulate your thoughts into a cohesive sentence is extremely limited.

Eagles Wings

They were fulfilled at Pentecost and sealed by the Holy Spirit. Previous to that, they were loyal, they had faith and they loved Christ.
I would tend to agree with this. I don't think we can definitively know from Scripture exactly when an individual apostle was given saving faith.

John 20:22 - is an action where Jesus breathed on the apostles and gave them His Holy Spirit, even if only a taste of His Spirit, for that particular moment.

Cross Reference

I would tend to agree with this. I don't think we can definitively know from Scripture exactly when an individual apostle was given saving faith.

John 20:22 - is an action where Jesus breathed on the apostles and gave them His Holy Spirit, even if only a taste of His Spirit, for that particular moment.

What is wrong with believing that it was the very first indwelling, as in being born again, of the Holy Spirit experienced by anyone, salvation having already happened?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Thanks. I agree with you, as well my friend.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
We know from John 20:21-23, that Jesus gave them the Holy Spirit.
When they were saved was the question. The "when" happened before the birth of God's elects or the saved one. Everyone bickers about the past and the future which doesn't exist in the present. No one seems interested in what the holy spirit does in real time. The living God doesn't make sense to the carnal TOL'ers so wrapped up in themselves while preaching pure boasting to pride themselves with manual free will making them gods.

Eagles Wings

When they were saved was the question. The "when" happened before the birth of God's elects or the saved one. Everyone bickers about the past and the future which doesn't exist in the present. No one seems interested in what the holy spirit does in real time. The living God doesn't make sense to the carnal TOL'ers so wrapped up in themselves while preaching pure boasting to pride themselves with manual free will making them gods.
Agreed, when we are talking doctrine of salvation. In the case of CR's question, we also must say that Scripture is not clear as to when they received saving faith, in real time. I am willing to be corrected on this though.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In Acts chapter 2 we see Peter putting forth an indictment against the Jews for killing their Messiah. They asked Peter, "What shall we do?" Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38) Remember, Peter was speaking to The House of Israel ONLY at this time. For it was they who had Christ, their Messiah put to death.

Cross Reference

Agreed, when we are talking doctrine of salvation. In the case of CR's question, we also must say that Scripture is not clear as to when they received saving faith, in real time. I am willing to be corrected on this though.

Why not consider receiving something "special" of something everyone gets automatically at birth, isn't necessary?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Pure Calvinist false doctrine. You trust in "Another Gospel" which Paul warns about. Galations 1:8-9 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

King James Version (KJV)

Status
Not open for further replies.