What Dictates What You Believe?

KingdomRose

One of the most important scriptures in the book of John is John 8:24.

"If you don't believe that I an HE, you will die in your sins"

Only God can forgive sins. Only God can raise the dead. Only God can feed 5000 with nothing.

Prepare to die in your sins.

God GAVE Jesus the authority to forgive sins. The Father GAVE Jesus the power to raise the dead and feed thousands of people with only a few fish and loaves of bread.

You completely skirted the whole issue. I asked you to explain a few verses in John that apparently show Jesus to be in subjection to God. If he is in fact God, then explain to me how these scriptures portray that idea.

John 5:19,30

John 6:38

John 8:28,29

John 12:49,50

John 14:24,28

John 17:3

John 20:17

Incidentally, John 8:24 doesn't even say what you are suggesting it is saying. I've pointed this out to you before. It simply means that he is "the light of the world," as he said in verse 12. There is nothing said in this passage that even hints that he is God. Have you also forgotten verse 26, where he says that he speaks what the Father has told him?

iamaberean

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomRose View Post
What have YOU done? Don't you believe the lie of Satan when he said, "You will certainly NOT DIE!"?

God said that Adam and Eve would die. Yet you and almost everybody else here believe that we DON'T die when we die. We go on living in some other realm. You have chosen to believe Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
Under 'Law' people died, Jesus came that we might have life.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

How does that relate to my post?

Because you said that 'never die' was from the devil. I showed you the scripture that Jesus said it!

KingdomRose

Then do it. Genesis 2 is expounding on the sixth day. It is not a part of the sequence or timing, that is Genesis 1.

No, you miss the point. If "day" means 24 hours, then why doesn't it mean that in Genesis 2:4? That is: Genesis, the 2nd chapter, the fourth verse, specifically. Or maybe it DOES mean 24 hours. If it does, then God created EVERYTHING in 24 hours! Hello---are you awake? (It obviously DOESN'T mean that in Gen.2:4, so maybe all the other "days," in chapter one, really don't mean 24 hours either.) Is this too much for you to understand?

KingdomRose

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomRose View Post
What have YOU done? Don't you believe the lie of Satan when he said, "You will certainly NOT DIE!"?

God said that Adam and Eve would die. Yet you and almost everybody else here believe that we DON'T die when we die. We go on living in some other realm. You have chosen to believe Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
Under 'Law' people died, Jesus came that we might have life.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Because you said that 'never die' was from the devil. I showed you the scripture that Jesus said it!

Are you familiar with Genesis chapter 3? Do you recall that Satan said, "You will NOT die"? I'm sure Eve thought that she would never die, and that God had lied to her. Did He? Did God lie? He had said that if she ate from the tree she would die (Genesis 2:17). But He was lying?

See, you are siding with Satan. HE was the one who lied, not God. Eve DID die, and everyone after her.

Jesus was referring to the time when he comes back in Kingdom power, at John 11:26. He had already said that there would be people who were dead, and he would bring them back to life. Then he indicated that those who were not dead at the time of his return would not die at all...they would survive the end of the age and enter into his Millennial Reign over a paradise Earth. We have that possibility, in this generation.

Comprende? Verstehen?

Robert Pate

Banned
God GAVE Jesus the authority to forgive sins. The Father GAVE Jesus the power to raise the dead and feed thousands of people with only a few fish and loaves of bread.

You completely skirted the whole issue. I asked you to explain a few verses in John that apparently show Jesus to be in subjection to God. If he is in fact God, then explain to me how these scriptures portray that idea.

Incidentally, John 8:24 doesn't even say what you are suggesting it is saying. I've pointed this out to you before. It simply means that he is "the light of the world," as he said in verse 12. There is nothing said in this passage that even hints that he is God. Have you also forgotten verse 26, where he says that he speaks what the Father has told him?

You are going to have a very difficult time trying to prove that Jesus was not God in the flesh.

All of those scriptures that you posted confirms that Jesus was God.

Jesus was not and is not God's puppet. He was a real live human being. He was both God and man in one person. He frequently referred to himself as "The Son of man" which means that he was the new Adam and humanities representative.

KingdomRose

You are going to have a very difficult time trying to prove that Jesus was not God in the flesh.

All of those scriptures that you posted confirms that Jesus was God.

If it is true that the Scriptures I quoted prove that Jesus is God, then take each one and explain how it shows that he is God. I don't see it. Help me see your viewpoint.

Truth-

Most Christian organizations adhere to the Nicene Creed, which is the start of the Trinity doctrine. So it doesn't matter to them that there are many bible verses which state that there is only one God whose name is Yehowah (YHWH). They adhere to the Creed rather than the bible.

Robert Pate

Banned
If it is true that the Scriptures I quoted prove that Jesus is God, then take each one and explain how it shows that he is God. I don't see it. Help me see your viewpoint.

I am not much for trying to prove anything. Christianity is a faith entity.

You have probably never come to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him, which means that you don't have the Holy Spirit, who is the teacher of truth, John 16:13.

glorydaz

Like all deniers of the deity of our LORD Jesus Christ, you recognize His humanity but are blinded to His being "God with us". God became flesh and dwelt among us. You ignore the verses that say quite clearly He created all things and was before all things. In His humanity, as a man, He submitted Himself to God...as all men should do. Being blind to half the truth is still blindness. The verses you give don't have to be "explained", they are all true. It's the other myriad of verses you ignore that keep you from seeing what you need to see in order to have LIFE.

Philippians 2:6-8
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, you miss the point.

I sure don't. You do. The evening and the morning are the first day. That expression is used so you know exactly what God means. And he says "six days" so you know exactly what he means. You just reject him.

Truth-

Like all deniers of the deity of our LORD Jesus Christ, you recognize His humanity but are blinded to His being "God with us". God became flesh and dwelt among us. You ignore the verses that say quite clearly He created all things and was before all things. In His humanity, as a man, He submitted Himself to God...as all men should do. Being blind to half the truth is still blindness. The verses you give don't have to be "explained", they are all true. It's the other myriad of verses you ignore that keep you from seeing what you need to see in order to have LIFE.

Philippians 2:6-8
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Many people believe the Messiah to be the son of God, not God Almighty Yehowah (YHWH).

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

In the above verse do you think God sent himself or his son?

Robert Pate

Banned
Many people believe the Messiah to be the son of God, not God Almighty Yehowah (YHWH).

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Both. Just like God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

dodge

No, you miss the point. If "day" means 24 hours, then why doesn't it mean that in Genesis 2:4? That is: Genesis, the 2nd chapter, the fourth verse, specifically. Or maybe it DOES mean 24 hours. If it does, then God created EVERYTHING in 24 hours! Hello---are you awake? (It obviously DOESN'T mean that in Gen.2:4, so maybe all the other "days," in chapter one, really don't mean 24 hours either.) Is this too much for you to understand?

2 things:

1st God created EVERYTHING in 6 days as scripture teaches.

Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

2nd a day unto God is as a 1000 years unto man, and a 1000 years unto man is but a day unto God. So technically the 6 days of creation was well within a day of God, which would take 1000 years of man to = 1 of God's days.

glorydaz

God provided HIMSELF Gen. 22:8KJV ...the Word was God and became flesh (John 1:1KJV John 1:14KJV. He is Jehovahjireh, Emanuel, and the Great I AM...the one God and Saviour. The LORD our God is ONE LORD. You can't pick one verse and hope to find the whole picture of our great and mighty God. Look further....

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no savior.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.​

Truth-

God provided HIMSELF Gen. 22:8KJV ...the Word was God and became flesh (John 1:1KJV John 1:14KJV. He is Jehovahjireh, Emanuel, and the Great I AM...the one God and Saviour. The LORD our God is ONE LORD. You can't pick one verse and hope to find the whole picture of our great and mighty God. Look further....

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no savior.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.​

In the Old testament the word LORD is a replacement for the Hebrew letters YHWH (Yehowah). So it states in Deut 6:4 Yehowah our God is one Yehowah.
To say that God sent himself is false, it states in the bible that he sent his Son. How can he be Father and Son, didn't the Messiah say that his Father is Greater than him.

Prizebeatz1

In the Old testament the word LORD is a replacement for the Hebrew letters YHWH (Yehowah). So it states in Deut 6:4 Yehowah our God is one Yehowah.
To say that God sent himself is false, it states in the bible that he sent his Son. How can he be Father and Son, didn't the Messiah say that his Father is Greater than him.

It also says he and his father are one. I guess it depends on how we choose to interpret the scriptures as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

genuineoriginal

It also says he and his father are one. I guess it depends on how we choose to interpret the scriptures as a whole.
Yes, you can always choose to ignore verses like these:

John 17:22-23
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.​

Prizebeatz1

Yes, you can always choose to ignore verses like these:

John 17:22-23
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.​

That's true but what about ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." (Mark 10:18). Jesus claimed that he is not good. Can we pick and choose when to take things literally only when it's convenient?

journey

God's Word is the standard for all truth, so I use God's Word as the first source for everything I believe.