Is Islam compatible within Western Society?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hitler didn't advocate killing Jews while campaigning either.

The Jews were not trying to chop off the heads of nonbelievers. Everything you know is wrong. Does it not bother you? Seriously.

Learn.

This article is published on the internet only. This is the version of October, 2013. This version is largely a remedial lesson in pre-war history for those who know only what they have learnt via school textbooks, popular encyclopaedias, movies etc. The article therefore does to a considerable extent go back to original sources and has to provide a lot of information that is not generally known. This does make the article rather long. For those who already know the history of the period well, however, I have kept available the June 2001 version of the article -- which is MUCH shorter. You can find it here. To make this longer version more navigable there is a clickable index at the end

Reactions: Lon

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The "jihadists" are at war with you. You are just to stupid to know. That or you want what they want, the destruction of America.

njspolk

Nope.

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

He also said:

John 4:34
Jesus explained, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work.

John 19:30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished.” And bowing His head, He yielded up His spirit.

He it was inspired, not the actual New Testament

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's nice,
In a similar sense that having your cancer go into remission could be called "nice". So, a wee bit understated. More than that, it begins to address one of the fundamental differences with Islam that makes your summation and linkage a bit pointless.

but God says to convert to his way or burn in Hell.
What scripture in particular are you thinking of?

Same as Islam.
All religions deal with the consequence of moral action. Now you can frame it as God threatening or warning us and which you choose speaks to your own contextual approach. But that similarity is marginalized by the understanding of what I spoke to that you pushed aside, the thing that frames our approach and alters our understanding of ourselves in a way Islam doesn't and can't.

Do you disagree?
Yes. I think a beach and a desert are different things unless you concentrate singularly on sand.

shagster01

The Jews were not trying to chop off the heads of nonbelievers. Everything you know is wrong. Does it not bother you? Seriously.

Learn.

This article is published on the internet only. This is the version of October, 2013. This version is largely a remedial lesson in pre-war history for those who know only what they have learnt via school textbooks, popular encyclopaedias, movies etc. The article therefore does to a considerable extent go back to original sources and has to provide a lot of information that is not generally known. This does make the article rather long. For those who already know the history of the period well, however, I have kept available the June 2001 version of the article -- which is MUCH shorter. You can find it here. To make this longer version more navigable there is a clickable index at the end

What is that gibberish quote you posted at the end, Nick?

shagster01

In a similar sense that having your cancer go into remission could be called "nice". So, a wee bit understated. More than that, it begins to address one of the fundamental differences with Islam that makes your summation and linkage a bit pointless.

What scripture in particular are you thinking of?

All religions deal with the consequence of moral action. Now you can frame it as God threatening or warning us and which you choose speaks to your own contextual approach. But that similarity is marginalized by the understanding of what I spoke to that you pushed aside, the thing that frames our approach and alters our understanding of ourselves in a way Islam doesn't and can't.

Yes. I think a beach and a desert are different things unless you concentrate singularly on sand.

Read post #79 where I spell it out better.

Krsto

London's Muslim mayor Sadiq Khan believes Islam is completely compatible within Western Society yet studies contradict this claim. Below are the results of a study on a representative 1081 muslims of the more than 3 million living in Britain:

Only 74 percent completely condemn “suicide bombing to fight injustice”;
Only 66 percent completely condemn stoning those who commit adultery;
Only 53 percent completely condemn violence against those who mock Muhammad;
Only 34 percent would contact police if they believed someone close to them was involved with jihadism;
23 percent believe Sharia law should replace British law in areas with large Muslim populations;
52 percent believe homosexuality should be illegal;
31 percent believe polygamy should be legal;
39 percent believe women should always obey their husbands;
35 percent believe Jews have too much power in the UK.

Is the Muslim mayor correct or is Donald Trump?

The mayor is correct because his version of Islam is not the same as the opinions in the poll. He no doubt has a better grasp on the Islam introduced by Mohammad and his teachings about diversity and freedom of religion than do the large population of immigrants from countries with poor education. Give those Muslims time and they will realize that the principles of liberty that Mohammad espoused are being realized better in Western countries than in Arab countries and they will be the most ardent supporters of separation of mosque and state as is the case with Muslim politicians in the US. For further reading I recommend Islam Without Extremes: A Muslim Case for Liberty by Mustafa Akyol.

Krsto

So you believe if a similar amount of Christians were polled concerning suicide bombing, the result would be ........
Only 74 percent completely condemn “suicide bombing to fight injustice”;?????

I doubt we could get any where near 74% of Christians or Americans to condemn any bombings of supposed terrorists if there is much of a chance of collateral damage. I would venture maybe 10% of Christians or Americans would favor a No Collateral Damage policy for our bombing missions, which of course would mean no bombing in populated areas. There really isn't much difference between acceptance of suicide bombers and acceptance of collateral damage - death of innocents - for the purpose of influencing a political outcome. Both are terrorism, IOW.

Krsto

Mostly? I'm not sure what that means. It is an either/or proposition. The Bible, written by Jews, and the Koran are incompatible. But anyway, God will not make you be reconciled to him. It is voluntary. If you want to go to hell, fine. This is established in our constitution's 1st amendment.

Islam requires that you convert or face the sword. How do you not understand?

Islam requires no such thing. Mohammad required it because he could not trust non-converts. They had a habit of turning on Muslims. He and his community were in a fight for their lives. Those conditions do not exist today. Get educated Nick.

Krsto

Islam has not been practiced as originally intended since that practice was stopped by the Crusades.
Christianity has not been practiced as originally intended since the time that Constantine made it the official religion of Rome.

I'd say much earlier than that for Islam, like Mo's immediate successors who used the religion for military gain. Political Islam was not its original intention, but happened out of necessity, and established ways of thinking that have been hard to shake. They did not benefit from being under a world power like Rome, like the church did for 300 years.

Krsto

That is main stream islam. They are cutting the heads off of Christians and other infidels. The mayor of London (sucks to be you) said it is "mainstream" to be a jihadist.

The Lord Jesus Christ said hate what is evil. You love what is evil.

The Lord Jesus Christ said love your enemies. That includes not spreading lies about them like you do. Get educated Nick.

Krsto

Wow.
God was preaching hate when He commanded the Israelites to wipe out a group of people, every man, woman, and child.

Folks that think they are nicer than God makes me want to puke.

Folks that think God would actually believe Joshua's word that God told him to do what ISIS is doing today make want to puke. If you want to get an accurate picture of God, watch and listen to Jesus. You know, the one who said "love your enemy."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Folks that think God would actually believe Joshua's word that God told him to do what ISIS is doing today make want to puke. If you want to get an accurate picture of God, watch and listen to Jesus. You know, the one who said "love your enemy."
His enemy is the devil, and He's going to cast him into the lake of fire.
How's that for loving your enemy?!!!!

Krsto

That's what scripture says.

What human method have you come up with to determine which of scripture you want to believe and which you do not?

Um, ones that make God out to be a sadistic monster? Funny how the Jews got by for a couple thousand years without thinking everything in the OT was accurate and now those of us in the modern age just don't know how to have faith without thinking they have certainty. How did we ever get so insecure?

ClimateSanity

I doubt we could get any where near 74% of Christians or Americans to condemn any bombings of supposed terrorists if there is much of a chance of collateral damage. I would venture maybe 10% of Christians or Americans would favor a No Collateral Damage policy for our bombing missions, which of course would mean no bombing in populated areas. There really isn't much difference between acceptance of suicide bombers and acceptance of collateral damage - death of innocents - for the purpose of influencing a political outcome. Both are terrorism, IOW.

The question was sucide bombings.....not war on terrorism... How dishonest of you

Missy-E

No, since He made you. Do you actually know what hell is?

Do tell what is so scary about being given exactly what one wants? (To be eternally separated from Him)
Im certain that noone here can tell me what hell actually is...each has their own understanding of practices of one religion, so much so that they have chosen to break unto various sects of that one religion. So, how can you tell me a definitive description of a place in the Bible when many of you cant even agree on whether or not to bring their guitar to church?

Sent from my SM-S765C using TheologyOnline mobile app

Arthur Brain

I love them by telling them they are evil perverts and to get saved. Now get saved, you evil perverter of the truth.

You are nothing more than a vile, bloated little scumbag who has perpetually lied about people all over this forum. You've lied about Rusha constantly on here. You made the most toxic of lies in regards to how some people would supposedly tolerate rape on here and then ran off when confronted. You are the last person to talk about the truth you gormless, obnoxious hick.